• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jim Crow on steroids?

First day of early voting sets a turnout record for Georgia primary​

For all the Dems like puddin brain Biden cacklin Kammy who said blacks were too dumb or incompetent to get an ID. well guess you were wrongggggggg
Literally only conservatives have ever said voter ID issues are a result of being dumb.

Then tell us why you think voter IDs are a bad idea and represent the "new Jim Crow."
Sure, I'll gladly mention some reasons I think getting an ID can be a hardship, and how this hardship disproportionately affects minorities.

But first, you have to admit that "black people are dumber" is the only reason you could come up with on your own.

No, it would depend on how or why they were disadvantaged. Under actual Jim Crow blacks were disadvantaged and that certainly did not speak to the intelligence of those blacks.

But when one asserts blacks are particularly incapable of acquiring free government IDs, then I think one is also questioning the competency of blacks.

If one is rural, and without a car, getting to a place to get ID could be extremely difficult correct. Or even if in a city where the closest place to get ID is 20 miles away, a person without a car would have difficulty in being able to obtain the ID correct?

Not many would be willing to walk for 4 hrs just to get id

First day of early voting sets a turnout record for Georgia primary​

For all the Dems like puddin brain Biden cacklin Kammy who said blacks were too dumb or incompetent to get an ID. well guess you were wrongggggggg
File this under the category of 'My head's wet, it must be raining.'

There is nothing to make people do something that works better than saying we are going to stop you from doing it.

Second, you are lying about what the President and Vice President said.

Third, post proof of any elected D saying "... blacks were too dumb or incompetent to get an ID." You can't.

Could it be that R's are too dumb to think of an original comment or do the research to find something truthful to support your position?

Sure, I'll gladly mention some reasons I think getting an ID can be a hardship, and how this hardship disproportionately affects minorities.

But first, you have to admit that "black people are dumber" is the only reason you could come up with on your own.
No, that is not the only reason I can think of, but I believe it is one of two reasons why those on the left claim voter IDs are a hardship. Another reason is that they know it's not a hardship but are lying. The reason for the lie is to provide an excuse for the left's favorite pastime: accusing those who disagree with them on racial matters to be racists.

Now, what are some of the reasons you think not just the poor, but poor blacks have particular problems getting IDs? (Keep in mind the claim is about voter ID laws being the "New Jim Crow," and Jim Crow laws didn't target poor people. They targeted blacks.)

If one is rural, and without a car, getting to a place to get ID could be extremely difficult correct. Or even if in a city where the closest place to get ID is 20 miles away, a person without a car would have difficulty in being able to obtain the ID correct?

Not many would be willing to walk for 4 hrs just to get id
Georgia's voter id process works with third parties like VoteRiders. From the VoteRider's site:

All our services are free of charge.

WE CAN HELP YOU GET
Documents you need to show who you are (for example, your birth certificate or naturalization certificate)
A copy of your Social Security card
Proof of where you live
Your ID
A free ride to the DMV
A photocopy of your ID to submit with your vote by mail application or ballot

WE WILL
Figure out what documents you need to get ID
Request and pay for those documents
Pay the DMV fees for your ID
Print a copy of your ID if you need to vote by mail
Find a lawyer to help you if needed
Make sure your are 100% ready to vote!
Source: https://www.voteriders.org/freehelp/

So nothing you've proposed above creates a barrier.

No, that is not the only reason I can think of, but I believe it is one of two reasons why those on the left claim voter IDs are a hardship. Another reason is that they know it's not a hardship but are lying. The reason for the lie is to provide an excuse for the left's favorite pastime: accusing those who disagree with them on racial matters to be racists.

Now, what are some of the reasons you think not just the poor, but poor blacks have particular problems getting IDs? (Keep in mind the claim is about voter ID laws being the "New Jim Crow," and Jim Crow laws didn't target poor people. They targeted blacks.)
Being poor is the primary issue. It doesn't just affect black people. It affects black people disproportionately. Wait a minute. Did you think this entire time people meant the problems only affect black people? LOL! Talk about surface level knowledge of an issue. I guess that's what will happen when you only read headlines.

It's the "New Jim Crow" because they can't directly target black people anymore, at least not explicitly. When they do it too directly, their asses get tossed out of court just like North Carolina's voter ID law got tossed. But you knew that already. You just did exactly what I knew you were going to do: you invented an impossible standard and are pretending to win based on it not being met.

Being poor is the primary issue. It doesn't just affect black people. It affects black people disproportionately. Wait a minute. Did you think this entire time people meant the problems only affect black people? LOL! Talk about surface level knowledge of an issue. I guess that's what will happen when you only read headlines.

It's the "New Jim Crow" because they can't directly target black people anymore, at least not explicitly. When they do it too directly, their asses get tossed out of court just like North Carolina's voter ID law got tossed. But you knew that already. You just did exactly what I knew you were going to do: you invented an impossible standard and are pretending to win based on it not being met.
See post 33.

But not that this voter ID unfairly disadvantages blacks, which is the point.
Poverty, the problem is with poverty, which disproportionately impacts black people. We told you this already. Did you not understand?

Again: Nobody has ever said these laws only affect black people. If that's still your point of confusion, tell me what I can do to help you past it.

Back
Top Bottom