• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jim Acosta: 'This is a dangerous time to tell the truth in America'

CEngelbrecht

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Jim Acosta: 'This is a dangerous time to tell the truth in America' | The Guardian

Acosta defended his heated interactions with Trump and slammed the president and his administration for continuing to describe the press as the enemy of the people and for claiming CNN were purveyors of “fake news”.

Speaking at an event at the Oxford Union in the UK, Acosta said: “Perhaps they won’t stop calling us the enemy of the people because it works so well with their people, but all of this adds up to one painful reality: this is a dangerous time to tell the truth in America.”

acosta_trump.jpg

What does Little Jimmy know about the "truth"?

What does Little Jimmy know about the "truth"?

I was just getting ready to say. he wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face.
the guy is one of the most dishonest lying reporters out there and he has lost any credibility with
anyone that doesn't have max TDS syndrome.

I was just getting ready to say. he wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face.
the guy is one of the most dishonest lying reporters out there and he has lost any credibility with

Case in point.

The [microphone intern] row escalated after the White House then suspended Acosta’s pass, accusing the correspondent of assaulting the intern.

In response to the incident, Acosta said: “The vast majority of people could plainly see the only thing that was under assault that day was the truth.

Last edited:
Case in point.

So are you saying this is an example of Jim stretching the truth for personal gain of supposedly Jim telling the truth?

Well, he knows more than orange top.

Of course, we all do.

I haven't heard anyone who has a working brain support Trump's proclamation of the press being the enemy of the people.

The irony here too is that Trump, while trying to destroy Acosta, is actually making him more powerful. But Trump isn't real bright.

I disagree with Acosta. It's a great time to tell the truth in America. And many journalists are doing just that. Much to Trump's chagrin.

Case in point.

why do you think it is ok for him to shove the arm of a women intern or put hands on anyone?
funny how liberals are always in an uproar over women until it is one of their own.

Well, he knows more than orange top.

Of course, we all do.

the only time he was truthful was when he was at the border and showed that walls actually do work.
the only people that actually believe acosta are TDS'ers.

the only reason that CNN even keeps him around is to fan feed their tiny small viewership that needs a
constant TDS input every 5 minutes.

why do you think it is ok for him to shove the arm of a women intern or put hands on anyone?
funny how liberals are always in an uproar over women until it is one of their own.

Why do you think it's OK that the White House brazenly lie about the incident?

Funny how the truth burns conservatives.

the only time he was truthful was when he was at the border and showed that walls actually do work.
the only people that actually believe acosta are TDS'ers.

the only reason that CNN even keeps him around is to fan feed their tiny small viewership that needs a
constant TDS input every 5 minutes.

* SNIF, SNIF *
Y'all smell the vodka?

The irony here too is that Trump, while trying to destroy Acosta, is actually making him more powerful.

Seems like Trump has a penchant for this. Just a couple months ago there was a rift within the Democratic Party over Pelosi becoming the Speaker. Now, mostly thanks to Trump, she is more popular/powerful than ever.

Seems like Trump has a penchant for this. Just a couple months ago there was a rift within the Democratic Party over Pelosi becoming the Speaker. Now, mostly thanks to Trump, she is more popular/powerful than ever.

She is indeed. And she has Trump to thank for that.

How dare she molest him to get a microphone.

How dare she molest him to get a microphone.

as i figured.

so you are ok with him shoving interns as long as they work for trump got it.
that is all i need to know about you.

tolerance and inclusion the left has no idea the definition of words.

as i figured.

so you are ok with him shoving interns as long as they work for trump got it.
that is all i need to know about you.

tolerance and inclusion the left has no idea the definition of words.

Acosta never shoved an intern. :shrug:

Acosta never shoved an intern. :shrug:

he shoved her arm. when she was doing her job and he was told to hand the mic over to her.
it is all on video.

Back
Top Bottom