• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jillian Michaels Sued -- 'Potentially Lethal' Diet Product

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
That mean chick from The Biggest Loser just got sued! Again! :shock: I cant believe she is trying to push this fake and harmful crap to people so she can make a buck!

"Biggest Loser" star Jillian Michaels was just slapped with another multi-million dollar lawsuit over her weight loss products -- and this time, it's about a detox supplement that allegedly "might kill you."

0804-jillian-michaels-ex-getty-01-credit.jpg

The class action lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, was filed today in L.A. County Superior Court by a woman who only wants to be known by her initials -- R.D. -- due to her "very real fear of retaliation OR harassment by Defendants."

In the lawsuit, R.D. claims Jillian's "Triple Process Total Body Detox & Cleanse" diet supplement contains a "potentially lethal combination of toxic ingredients" ... and it "might kill you."

In the suit, R.D. lays out what she considers to be the risks associated with various ingredients in Jillian's product, including:

-- Irish Moss Powder ... "causes gastrointestinal ulcers" and is "so toxic that it is the gel commonly applied to aircraft wings to dissolve ice"
-- Bearberry ... "known to cause nausea and vomiting"
-- Yarrow ... "a toxic lawn weed that causes dermatitis"
-- Chinese Rhubarb ... "a harsh laxative and dangerous diuretic that can cause sever dehydration and may cause irreversible liver damage"
-- Fenugreek Seed ... "interferes with digestion and causes both diarrhea and gas"

R.D. is suing Jillian and Thin Care International for more than $10 million for "actively and fraudulently" conspiring to hide the alleged dangers of their product.

If this story sounds familiar, it's not the first ... second ... or even the third time Jillian has been sued by people who claim her diet products are potentially toxic.

No comment from Jillian Michaels' camp.

Jillian Michaels Sued -- 'Potentially Lethal' Diet Product | TMZ.com

That mean chick from The Biggest Loser just got sued! Again! :shock: I cant believe she is trying to push this fake and harmful crap to people so she can make a buck!

"Biggest Loser" star Jillian Michaels was just slapped with another multi-million dollar lawsuit over her weight loss products -- and this time, it's about a detox supplement that allegedly "might kill you."

The class action lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, was filed today in L.A. County Superior Court by a woman who only wants to be known by her initials -- R.D. -- due to her "very real fear of retaliation OR harassment by Defendants."

In the lawsuit, R.D. claims Jillian's "Triple Process Total Body Detox & Cleanse" diet supplement contains a "potentially lethal combination of toxic ingredients" ... and it "might kill you."

In the suit, R.D. lays out what she considers to be the risks associated with various ingredients in Jillian's product, including:

-- Irish Moss Powder ... "causes gastrointestinal ulcers" and is "so toxic that it is the gel commonly applied to aircraft wings to dissolve ice"
-- Chinese Rhubarb ... "a harsh laxative and dangerous diuretic that can cause sever dehydration and may cause irreversible liver damage"
-- Fenugreek Seed ... "interferes with digestion and causes both diarrhea and gas"

R.D. is suing Jillian and Thin Care International for more than $10 million for "actively and fraudulently" conspiring to hide the alleged dangers of their product.

If this story sounds familiar, it's not the first ... second ... or even the third time Jillian has been sued by people who claim her diet products are potentially toxic.

Good. I hope the lawsuit succeeds. These weight loss potions are all crap. Why they aren't regulated I will never know. And why people believe in them stumps me as well.

I lost respect for Jillian when she started marketing this crap. She said on the show that you don't need anything but water to detox you.

I just wrote a email / letter to NBC to take her off any and all shows that promote her as a trainer. She makes me SICK!!!

buncha crap. perhaps the people using the product should read the warning label? it is, after all, a CLEANSE.

Obviously the person suing needs to learn more about herbs.

And only one of the other three linked were suing because they thought the supplements were "toxic". Well, here's the thing... if you think they're toxic - don't ****ing take them.

All herbs and medicines have side effects - some worse than others. It's a matter of being smart about the amounts you are using and paying attention to your own body.

A guy I work with used a flush system one time. He lost 10 lbs in a week or something like that. He also **** his pants 5 or 6 times. One time was up at work. True story.

Sidenote, would anyone else say that Jillian has crazy eyes? She looks like the kind of woman that would drive across the country in a diaper to kill someone. Seriously.

A guy I work with used a flush system one time. He lost 10 lbs in a week or something like that. He also **** his pants 5 or 6 times. One time was up at work. True story.

Sidenote, would anyone else say that Jillian has crazy eyes? She looks like the kind of woman that would drive across the country in a diaper to kill someone. Seriously.

A "guy you used to work with" huh? :roll: :lol: :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom