• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

JFK assassination & Jack Ruby

neil

DP Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder how many people are aware that Lee Harvey Oswald was never tried & convicted in court of anything to do with the assassination of JFK. :unsure:

I wonder how many people are aware that although Jack Ruby was sentenced to death, he was never executed. :unsure:

How many are aware Oswald was arrested first for the killing of a police officer (Tippit).

- To answer your questions. Yes, I was aware that Oswald was never tried and convicted in a court regarding the killing of JFK.
- Ruby died of cancer before his second trial.

I wonder how many people are aware that Lee Harvey Oswald was never tried & convicted in court of anything to do with the assassination of JFK. :unsure:

I wonder how many people are aware that although Jack Ruby was sentenced to death, he was never executed. :unsure:

I didn't know that Ruby was sentenced to death. I know he died of cancer.

Oswald was shot by Ruby on live television.

And the forensic investigations over time have demonstrated that Oswald is the most likely shooter and was a lone gun man.

such a sad day. It always makes me melancholy ( i remember it all vividly like it was yesterday) as to "what if" it hadn't happened
and the crude LBJ and the slimeball Nixon never made it to Office

such a sad day. It always makes me melancholy ( i remember it all vividly like it was yesterday) as to "what if" it hadn't happened
and the crude LBJ and the slimeball Nixon never made it to Office
Typical lefty character assessment. Nixon was a slime ball but LBJ was just crude.

iu

Did you know that around 70,000 Romans fell at Cannae?

I wonder how many people are aware that Don Knotts was nowhere to be found on the day of the assassination?

A lone nut gave me a copy of Gerald Posner's book, "Case Closed." It's pretty convincing that a lone nut killed JFK, but not the lone nut who gave me the book.

everybody knows that.

I wonder how many people know that Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln.... and Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy?

Well if one was even alert in HS history class they would be aware of the facts surrounding the most investigated murder of the 20th century.

Ruby was never executed as that was not the sentence. I think most are not aware the man died in prison after only a few short years.

What is the point of this thread, lack of education in our schools perhaps?

Its shocking how ignorant American HS students are of their own countries history.

Well if one was even alert in HS history class they would be aware of the facts surrounding the most investigated murder of the 20th century.

Ruby was never executed as that was not the sentence. I think most are not aware the man died in prison after only a few short years.

Its shocking how ignorant American HS students are of their own countries history.
There are good reasons for that. American schools are obsessed with teaching about science math and engineering (STEM) because they believe that only subjects that help people get good jobs are worth studying.

Yes, the ignorance from being in the public education system is one reason, but the main reason is the spin & propaganda behind the notion that Lee Harvey Oswald was guilty of assassinating JFK; to this day it's still just an allegation.

Yes, the ignorance from being in the public education system is one reason, but the main reason is the spin & propaganda behind the notion that Lee Harvey Oswald was guilty of assassinating JFK; to this day it's still just an allegation.
Uhm.

Ok

You should have said that in your OP. It was not clear, now it is.

Have you read Vincent Bugliosi's Reclaiming History?

It's fifty-eight years and we STILL haven't seen all the records.
I was in first grade the day it happened.

Back
Top Bottom