• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

JFK “Profile in Courage” awards given to politicians who stood up to Trump and Putin

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) will be two of the recipients presented with this year's John F. Kennedy "Profile in Courage" awards.

The three other recipients this year are Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson (D), Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers (R), and Georgia Election Department employee Wandrea “Shaye” Moss.

All three faced threats and intimidation from Trump supporters after they upheld the results of the 2020 election in their respective states.

--

For your edification.

All worthy recipients! (y)

We can't forget how JFK was a "Renaissance Man", in many ways.

He received a Pulitzer for the book! How many politicians can make that claim? Much less even write their own book?

I wonder why Adam Kinzinger didn't make the list, he has been every bit as vociferous as Cheney.

I think the political tactic of positioning Trump next to Putin disrespects the human suffering underway in the Ukraine.

I think the political tactic of positioning Trump next to Putin disrespects the human suffering underway in the Ukraine.

Why?

Trump endorsed the invastion. Is your memory that short?

More political bullshit!

The Democrats hate of Trump has completely ruined them.

He received a Pulitzer for the book! How many politicians can make that claim? Much less even write their own book?
I believe that it is now admitted by many sources that one of the President's trusted aides "contributed" a lot to the writing of the book.

With all due respect (I am NOT being sarcastic), I believe that it is now admitted by many sources that one of the President's trusted aides "contributed" a lot to the writing of the book.

Thanks. That I'm not aware.

I assumed if Kennedy got the Pulitzer, he wrote it.

JFK is rolling in his grave over awarding those that "stood up to Trump". Ukraines deserve it.

Apparently, this is the first time the award is given to multiple individuals.

JFK is rolling in his grave over awarding those that "stood up to Trump".
JFK would have physically beaten Trump into pulp.

JFK would have physically beaten Trump into pulp.
I doubt it. Biden would never have happen if JFK were still around.

Back
Top Bottom