• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Jews for Jesus??? Or another way to attract converts??

Caine

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The issue of Jews for Jesus has bothered me since I started research into Judaism. The fact that there would be such a thing is ridiculous, because if you are a real Jew, you cannot be for Jesus because Jesus is not the Messiah of the Jewish Prophets......Yes, he does qualify for SOME of the prophecy, but he fails in the most important aspects of the Jewish Prophecy of a Messiah.
And most importantly, the worship of God THROUGH Jesus is a very obvious violation of one of the seven Noahide Laws (bet alot of christians didn't know about these), which strictly forbids Idolatry. Worshiping a Man can be considered nothing other than Idolatry.
What do I think of Jews for Jesus? Well, its pretty obvious what it really is, another way to attract Jews over to Christianity. Christians have been working to convert Jews to Christianity since the rise of Christianity. The worst example of this was the Inquisition, but there have always been attempt to Convert Jews throughout the history of the Jewish People.

So I ask, what do you think? Is it a true religious movement? Or just another way to convert Jews to Christianity?

One View on How Jesus did not meet the Messianic Prophecy
http://judaism.about.com/library/3_askrabbi_o/bl_simmons_messiah3.htm

Intresting Story of "Jews for Jesus" Fraud
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/049837.htm

Back
Top Bottom