• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jewish flotilla to break Gaza siege

alexa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Was unsure where to post this so guess this is the best place. Looks like Israel is going to be kept busy with Gaza blockade buster wannabes. The latest

The German-Jewish organization Jewish Voice for Peace in the Middle East is preparing a Jewish flotilla to the Gaza Strip. "We intend to leave around July," a member of the organization, Kate Leitrer, said to Ynet. "We have one small craft so far, in which there will be between 12 and 16 people, mostly Jews."

Jewish flotilla to break Gaza siege - Israel News, Ynetnews

If all of those ships are going to be like the Rachel Corrie, and by that I mean that they won't resist with violence and try to kill the soldiers like the Mavi Marmara crew, then by all means I couldn't give a damn.

We've all seen how the Rachel Corrie has disappeared from the news headlines once it was confirmed that there was no blood, that's a non-issue from the Israeli point of view.

If all of those ships are going to be like the Rachel Corrie, and by that I mean that they won't resist with violence and try to kill the soldiers like the Mavi Marmara crew, then by all means I couldn't give a damn.

We've all seen how the Rachel Corrie has disappeared from the news headlines once it was confirmed that there was no blood, that's a non-issue from the Israeli point of view.

are you saying the rachel corrie flotilla fell flat? :ssst:

For the love of god, they didn't fall flat since they are in negations with Israel to let them in too Gaza.

I'm sure they have been deported already.

Thanks for the information, the last I heard was they were in negations with Israel sorry about that little outburst ^^.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/passengers-of-rachel-corrie-reject-israel-ireland-deal-1.294173

During negotiations, the ship's passengers emphasized that they were willing to undergo a security check by the Israel Defense Forces in the ocean to verify there were no weapons on the ship, but demanded they then be allowed to pass to the coast of Gaza

This made it seem to me that the ship was in negotiations WITH Israel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom