• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter - Shutdown Corner - NFL  - Yahoo! Sports
Inés Sainz of the Mexican television network TV Azteca, claimed that she was harassed by players and coaches in practice and in the team's locker room last Saturday. From the New York Times:

The New York Post reported that during drills, Dennis Thurman, the team's defensive backs coach, purposely overthrew passes that landed near Sainz on the sideline. The Post also reported that linebacker Jason Taylor(notes) volunteered to join the defensive backs. Players also reportedly made sexually suggestive comments in the locker room after practice ... In a statement released by the Jets, Johnson stressed to Sainz that "he expects all members of the Jets organization to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times."

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

First off, I'm not one for the "nuts and sluts" derision of females, but of course there are exceptions... I'm not saying this is one, but this "journalist" should get a grip.

She is in a high testosterone environment, with guys in their early 20's, some in their 30's... and she is supposedly a professional journalist. She comes into their environment wearing clothes that look like they are spray painted on, and are what you'd wear to a night club. The guys aren't blind, decide to have a little fun, and she makes a stink.

My advice to her. Dress like a journalist, not a clubber, and you'd likely avoid being the subject of fun and games.

If there are rules for behavior, it cuts both ways. You want to be treated like a professional amongst the men of the NFL, NHL, NBA, then act like one. Don't come into their environment like a pot of honey and expect the bees to fall asleep.

She's the self-proclaimed "sexiest sports reporter in Mexico". I highly suspect this is a very convenient and opportunistic publicity stunt of hers. She was mighty quick to accept the semi-apology she received. :lol:

What she was wearing was actually quite conservative compared to what she's normally seen in. Not that what a woman is wearing should matter at all. That is just about the lamest excuse men can come up with for their juvenile behavior.

160963232-57a14e49acffa7aa426a6042b21c69f7.4c8f3288-full.jpg

Well this is more offensive than the Jets offense on Monday :mrgreen:

But thats not saying much.

i read the article and still don't know what was said or done which would be found sexual harassment

what exactly did the jets players/coaches/staff do to the self described sexiest reporter?

She's the self-proclaimed "sexiest sports reporter in Mexico". I highly suspect this is a very convenient and opportunistic publicity stunt of hers. She was mighty quick to accept the semi-apology she received. :lol:

What she was wearing was actually quite conservative compared to what she's normally seen in. Not that what a woman is wearing should matter at all. That is just about the lamest excuse men can come up with for their juvenile behavior.

Fixing broken pic:

article-1311662-0B2C0363000005DC-277_468x627.jpg

she's not bow legged ... she's "pleasure bent"

are women's locker rooms open to all reporters?

I still don't understand why female sports broadcasters need to be in the locker rooms. I mean, I'm all for equality and all, but c'mon.

Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

First off, I'm not one for the "nuts and sluts" derision of females, but of course there are exceptions... I'm not saying this is one, but this "journalist" should get a grip.

She is in a high testosterone environment, with guys in their early 20's, some in their 30's... and she is supposedly a professional journalist. She comes into their environment wearing clothes that look like they are spray painted on, and are what you'd wear to a night club. The guys aren't blind, decide to have a little fun, and she makes a stink.

My advice to her. Dress like a journalist, not a clubber, and you'd likely avoid being the subject of fun and games.

If there are rules for behavior, it cuts both ways. You want to be treated like a professional amongst the men of the NFL, NHL, NBA, then act like one. Don't come into their environment like a pot of honey and expect the bees to fall asleep.

she certainly got what she wanted, publicity.

I think it does matter how a woman dresses in that situation. I hope she's barred from future locker rooms. She's a publicity whore.

I think it does matter how a woman dresses in that situation. I hope she's barred from future locker rooms. She's a publicity whore.

I'm more in agreement with Catz. I don't see why women need to go into men's locker rooms. I don't ever see any men reporting from female locker rooms. And I don't care how she's dressed, that's like saying that "she asked for it" and I don't need to tell you how wrong that sounds. I know she's doing this for the publicity, but still...

I'm more in agreement with Catz. I don't see why women need to go into men's locker rooms. I don't ever see any men reporting from female locker rooms. And I don't care how she's dressed, that's like saying that "she asked for it" and I don't need to tell you how wrong that sounds. I know she's doing this for the publicity, but still...

The truth of the matter is that what a person chooses to wear projects an image. And this gal is intentionally projecting a very provocative image. On definite purpose. If a woman wears sprayed-on clothing, what image is she portraying? And yes, as far as cat-calling is concerned, dressing provocatively and walking past a bunch of construction workers/football players/whatever, is pretty much asking for it.

The truth of the matter is that what a person chooses to wear projects an image. And this gal is intentionally projecting a very provocative image. On definite purpose. If a woman wears sprayed-on clothing, what image is she portraying? And yes, as far as cat-calling is concerned, dressing provocatively and walking past a bunch of construction workers/football players/whatever, is pretty much asking for it.

And I'm sure she enjoys the attention. I'm just saying that if it goes beyond cat calls, their excuse for not controlling themselves had better not be that her jeans were painted on. Cuz that excuse doesn't fly anymore in a court of law.

And I'm sure she enjoys the attention. I'm just saying that if it goes beyond cat calls, their excuse for not controlling themselves had better not be that her jeans were painted on. Cuz that excuse doesn't fly anymore in a court of law.

But it may fly in the court of public opinion.

If that's true, it's a very sad thing indeed.

A fine looking lady at a football practice. Hmmm. As long as she didn't get groped, what's the problem with catcalls? A bit crude perhaps, but what was she expecting? She was evidently quick to accept an apology and it seems they will make no more issue of it. Surely we aren't so overly sensitive to claims of harrassment that catcalls are out of bounds?

Back
Top Bottom