• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

Frankly, I don't care how a woman dresses, no woman deserves "it" just because she doesn't dress like some think she should. Erin Brockovich?

There is a difference between deserves and should expect.

When one dresses in such a way as they hope they draw attention to their body and "accentuate their positives", then they shouldn't be surprised or offended by people making comments about said positives. Its no different than someone being surprised or offended when they wear a belly shirt and they're 40 pounds overweight and someone cracks a joke about that. Did they "deserve" it? Perhaps not, but they shouldn't be surprised. How you present yourself will ALWAYS have an affect on how you're treated in all walks of life, and when you are using how you present yourself as some kind of positive to propel yourself you don't get to then complain about the consequences.

I would honestly like to find some kind of repost of the alleged tweet that started this all. From what I heard it basically got started by a tweet on her part saying she'd never been talked to so rudely or something of the sort. However my experience with twitter and finding crap on it is horrible -.-

When one dresses in such a way as they hope they draw attention to their body and "accentuate their positives", then they shouldn't be surprised or offended by people making comments about said positives. Its no different than someone being surprised or offended when they wear a belly shirt and they're 40 pounds overweight and someone cracks a joke about that. Did they "deserve" it? Perhaps not, but they shouldn't be surprised. How you present yourself will ALWAYS have an affect on how you're treated in all walks of life, and when you are using how you present yourself as some kind of positive to propel yourself you don't get to then complain about the consequences.

I would honestly like to find some kind of repost of the alleged tweet that started this all. From what I heard it basically got started by a tweet on her part saying she'd never been talked to so rudely or something of the sort. However my experience with twitter and finding crap on it is horrible -.-

Again, she did not complain over the comments. It was other journalists at the ground that did and the Jets started the investigation. The tweet that you are looking for is in Spanish, and basically states that she is embarrassed over the whole affair became what it is now.

Again, she did not complain, and does not care. The case is overblown in her eyes.

:rofl

Look at that - a ditsy blond vying for attention and throwing a tantrum again because the attention she got isn't what she demanded.

Nothing new here.

Look at that - a ditsy blond vying for attention and throwing a tantrum again because the attention she got isn't what she demanded.

Nothing new here.

God, is it because she is Mexican that some people on these boards are ignoring the fact that she did NOTHING! It was her fellow reporters from OTHER stations and newspapers that complained for god sake. She is not vying for attention, she could care less.

God, is it because she is Mexican that some people on these boards are ignoring the fact that she did NOTHING! It was her fellow reporters from OTHER stations and newspapers that complained for god sake. She is not vying for attention, she could care less.

Actually, she couldn't care less.

Again, she did not complain over the comments. It was other journalists at the ground that did and the Jets started the investigation. The tweet that you are looking for is in Spanish, and basically states that she is embarrassed over the whole affair became what it is now.

Again, she did not complain, and does not care. The case is overblown in her eyes.

As I said Pete, what SHE is saying now doesn't jive with what was being reported now. The tweet I am talking about is not the most recent one where she's saying she's embarassed over the whole affair but one that had came out at the start of all this. The reports early on was that it was her saying these things, that she tweeted something complaining about it, that she was the one making the big deal about it. She's now coming out saying that's not really true, while at the same time making comments that fall in line with what was reported earlier such as stating that never had the vocabularly "been so rude".

Most likely I believe you're right, others probably made a bigger deal of it, such as the womans group that asked the NFL to investigate after someone else tweeted about the Jets players purposefully overthrowing passing drills to run over and bump into her. However, I imagine people aren't massively paying attention to the story past the first little bit they heard, which early on was that it started with her complaining. I think its a bit disingenuous and frankly kind of sad for you to go the "omg its cause she's mexican" route when the far more realistic notion is that people heard what was the general gist of the story all day yesterday but haven't exactly been keeping up with it like its a giant deal.

A lot of what's been saying still applies too. Regardless of if she made a big deal of it or not, all reports including her own words seems to be she was a bit embaressed or taken aback by the actions. Women's groups were making a deal about it and it needing an "investigation". To both of them I'd say if you go to work dressed like you're going to a club or party don't be surprised when you get treated like you would in a club or party rather than as a professional in a work place. However I would say the original complaints about her attention whoring are off base, but that's more the fault of the media than any poster

She wasn't the one who made the complaint....

YouTube - Ines Sainz: I Did Not 'Make the Charge'

That interview is consistant with the one I saw of her yesterday with George Stephanopolus. Unfortunately that video is no longer available.

I'd like to see the tweet too, because it sounds more like a case of bad reporting. My experience with twitter is the same as yours.

PS: She was a former Miss Universe. That explains a lot.

Last edited:
I don't doubt its probably a big over reaction on the part of media, bad reporting of incomplete facts, and others like women group swirling it into a bigger thing then it is. I still think there are some points to be made about it in a general sense, though it makes the attention whoring comments invalid. I also think though its not entirely unreasonable for people to not have heard the second round of "Correction" news after the initial hot and heavy reporting.

Strangely enough, to tie it to something political, this is the perfect example of Rush Limbaugh's definition and use of the words "Drive by Media". A little bit is found out, stories are made that sound good based on that little bit of information, "new information" comes out that is pretty much inaccurate stuff generated BASED off the faulty or incomplete original information that ends up "furthering" the story, and in the end once it blows up and is then brought back down to a dull simmer the truth comes out and things are clarified but by that point enough people have heard about it, made a view on it, and then tuned back out that the clarification is never heard or doesn't register as well in a pmernant way.

I think it'd be an amazingly interesting study to expose a bunch of people to a piece of news in the typical, day of it breaking, hot and heavy type of reporting. Then three days later have a little bit of reporting "clarifying" it and rectifying inaccurate facts. Then check back six months later and ask them what they remember was the case of that story. I'd put money that most remember the original reporting and not the clarifications.

Last edited:
I don't doubt its probably a big over reaction on the part of media, bad reporting of incomplete facts, and others like women group swirling it into a bigger thing then it is. I still think there are some points to be made about it in a general sense, though it makes the attention whoring comments invalid. I also think though its not entirely unreasonable for people to not have heard the second round of "Correction" news after the initial hot and heavy reporting.

Strangely enough, to tie it to something political, this is the perfect example of Rush Limbaugh's definition and use of the words "Drive by Media". A little bit is found out, stories are made that sound good based on that little bit of information, "new information" comes out that is pretty much inaccurate stuff generated BASED off the faulty or incomplete original information that ends up "furthering" the story, and in the end once it blows up and is then brought back down to a dull simmer the truth comes out and things are clarified but by that point enough people have heard about it, made a view on it, and then tuned back out that the clarification is never heard or doesn't register as well in a pmernant way.
Well said and I couldn't agree more. Welcome to the new age of journalism where tweets become news before the facts and sources are verified.

I think it'd be an amazingly interesting study to expose a bunch of people to a piece of news in the typical, day of it breaking, hot and heavy type of reporting. Then three days later have a little bit of reporting "clarifying" it and rectifying inaccurate facts. Then check back six months later and ask them what they remember was the case of that story. I'd put money that most remember the original reporting and not the clarifications.

Funny you should say that because I think someone has already done that very thing.....

Fake story meant to ensnare bloggers catches NYT instead | Liberty Pundits Blog

Although six months later I don't know if anyone remembers a blogger getting appointed as the official law blogger for the whitehouse, but they might remember the egg on the NYT's face. I did. LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom