• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus was not a refugee

She's not theocratic. You want her to be. You dare to impugn her faith. That's bad Christianing.

No, I do not want theocracy, I have just explained the normal definition of theocracy and exactly what that is and you ignore it and insist I want theocracy. I do not.

And also, no it is not bad Christianing to call out errors in other people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does any believer here realize that God needs no defending?

I don't follow. It was a serious statement.

Mine was a totally serious reply.
Apologetics is an industry, and people have made vast fortunes practicing apologetics.
I couldn't BE more serious when I say that.

Mine was a totally serious reply.
Apologetics is an industry, and people have made vast fortunes practicing apologetics.
I couldn't BE more serious when I say that.

What does it have to do with my statement?

Does any believer here realize that God needs no defending?

Actually he does. He's been getting his ass kicked badly lately. It's a lot harder to brainwash the children when they can look up facts on the internet faster than their parents can lie to them.

Why is Christianity declining?

And it's starting to look a lot like there might not even have been a human Jesus, let alone one who could do magic tricks. You might find this interesting

Last edited:
Factually incorrect Miss. Cortez.

Egypt and Judea were all controlled by the Roman Empire at the time.

Someone fleeing California and moving to Ohio is not a refugee.

Miss Cortez is not a Christian. Please do not lecture Christians on the Bible when you yourself are not a Christian.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-says-jesus-was-refugee-in-christmas-tweet

Judea and Egypt were under Roman authority but your post ignores an important practice by the Romans.

When Romans conquered nations, they didn’t dissolve the nation. Instead, the conquered nation retained its existence, geographically, legally, and politically, while also being subject to Roman rule. Egypt was a nation, a kingdom, a country within the Roman Empire. So was Judea.

It is almost as if you are advocating making it a requirement to improve the lives of poor people, which is a completely ridiculous proposal.

Do you actually sit down and read the Bible? Especially the Gospels? Your comment is shocking.

Start with John. Jesus repeats the same principles over and over again.

Here is one Jesus' parables about a rich man and a poor beggar.

But to answer your question, it's not a "requirement" to help the poor but it's impossible to be Christian without wanting to help the poor. Why? Because if you're Christian you have the spirit of Christ in you and you have the same heart for the poor and sick that He had.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Do you actually sit down and read the Bible? Especially the Gospels? Your comment is shocking.

Start with John. Jesus repeats the same principles over and over again.

Here is one Jesus' parables about a rich man and a poor beggar.

But to answer your question, it's not a "requirement" to help the poor but it's impossible to be Christian without wanting to help the poor. Why? Because if you're Christian you have the spirit of Christ in you and you have the same heart for the poor and sick that He had.

The argument you present is extremely deranged and schizophrenic.

Just because I do not label someone as a refugee does not mean I am treating them less than human or poorly.

Jesus was actually a documented citizen. Read Luke 2:1-5

And I am reviewing the legal term of refugee. Just because someone flees a nation/territory, does not make them a refugee.

Refugees are not intrinsically illegal. So your argument is that yes, he was a refugee, because he fits every definition, you're just claiming he's legal.

Considering it was illegal to be Jesus at the time how could he be legal? Laws = morality right? That bastard Jesus should've left to somewhere without a law against his life.

Sigh.

Once again, I am talking about the legal term Refugee, and Jesus legally was no refugee.

The Roman Empire was not a singular country or nation like the U.S. So, your analogy of a person confronted with religious or political prosecution in Ohio and flees to Tennessee, both states but not nations, and both constituting a part of the nation known as the U.S., isn’t parallel to Jospeh fleeing the nation or country of Judea to the nation or country of Egypt.

The Roman Empire, and Republic before it, was not a singular nation like the U.S.

The argument you present is extremely deranged and schizophrenic.

Just because I do not label someone as a refugee does not mean I am treating them less than human or poorly.

LOL! The 'argument' you've offered is one of a biblical illiterate.

Why are you so frightened of reading the bible?

He went to Egypt to steal jobs from Egyptian carpenters. I bet he was funded by the Soros of the day.

*sigh*

Not that I want to see politicians bring bible stuff into what we do as a nation but I can point out when someone is wrong.

The OP is wrong.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/refugee

a person who leaves his or her home or country to find safety, esp. during a war or for political or religious reasons

Matthew 2: 13-15 (ESV)

13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, “Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you, for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him.” 14 And he rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed to Egypt 15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

Herod was a client king of Judea. Mary and Joseph fled to get away from Herod into Egypt. Thus they were refugees from their homeland.

Refugee status has nothing to do with citizenship or some such.

Actually Jesus was an Anchor Baby... it was not acceptable then and it is not acceptable now.

He went to Egypt to steal jobs from Egyptian carpenters. I bet he was funded by the Soros of the day.

Does La Raza translate into Hebrew?

LOL! The 'argument' you've offered is one of a biblical illiterate.

Why are you so frightened of reading the bible?

Likely not "frightened" per se. Just not wanting to expose their ignorance on the topic of the bible.

Back
Top Bottom