• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Jesus was black...

I simply dont know if he was black....but I find it very unlikely he was the Caucasian looking guy hanging in most churches....heh

Jesus was a Jew. Old Jews were semites, as were the cannanites, the Assyrians and the Babylonians, and the Sumerians. etc.. they are not of modern African decent.

It is certainly alright for Blacks to believe he was black, if it make them closer to him. Blacks and non blacks certainly can interbreed, and the only real difference is the survival adaptations, that humans went through after migrating out of Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Jesus was a Jew.
dragonslayer, you are right, Jesus was a Jew born in Bethleham. One does not have to be born in American to be an American. It is possible for one person to be a Russian, and Italian, and American, and a Jew. Likewise it is possible for Jesus to be more than a Jew. Oh cares anyway, Jesus canceled out the Jew and the Greek once he rose.
Old Jews were semites, as were the cannanites, the Assyrians and the Babylonians, and the Sumerians. etc.. they are not of modern African decent.
Not all of them. Some of them were of modern African.
It is certainly alright for Blacks to believe he was black, if it make them closer to him.
What if they believe it and it still does not make them feel closer to him, should they not believe it?
Blacks and non blacks certainly can interbreed, and the only real difference is the survival adaptations, that humans went through after migrating out of Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago.
True and they did.

Red_Dave said:
Well acording to scripture soloman was black and jesus was decended from solomon so maybe jesus was one of the few?

Solomon was darker skinned but not black (black as in african terms). His mother Bathsheba is recorded to have darker skin.

He was last of four sons of Bathsheba and King David. Bathsheba was the daughter of Ammiel, who was one of the twelve spiesof Moses that went to Canaan.

cnredd said:
This is not the topic....Your views are irrelevant to this discussion...

On the contrary her views are DIRECTLY relevant.If jesus did not exist why are you debating if he is black?

Red_Dave said:
The article you posted revolves around the argument that the only historical evidence for the existence is anecdotal but so is most historical evidence. So all in all its a pretty weak argument.

In the 5 minutes that my previous post has been up there you could not possibly have read the entire site.
The site is concerned with EVIDENCE.There is no evidence that jewsus ever existed.If you are maintainig that he did then the onus is upon YOU to prove it, not me to disprove it.

Aryan Imperium said:
In the 5 minutes that my previous post has been up there you could not possibly have read the entire site.
The site is concerned with EVIDENCE.There is no evidence that jewsus ever existed.If you are maintainig that he did then the onus is upon YOU to prove it, not me to disprove it.

Theres a number of roman and jewish accounts where he is mentioned. Not to mention the fact that our year system is based on the estimated year of christs birth. Why would the calender be changed in such a way if he didnt exist?

Hopefully we can all agree that blacks would have been a small minority in the Palestine of Christ's day. Therefore, if He belonged to a minority group (i.e. non-semitic) wouldn't it seem likely that His chroniclers (who were Semitic) would have mentioned this fact? There is really no archaeological evidence to support the idea that the Semites of Jesus' day looked much different from the Semites of today (olive skin, coarse dark hair). It would be simply human nature to mention if Jesus' appearance was dramatically different from those who surrounded Him.

To the question of Jesus' existence or otherwise - I have to agree that this is entirely irrelevant to the subject. By starting a thread entitled "Jesus was black" you are obviously inviting commentary from those who believe He existed. If you want to make the point that He didn't, start a thread called "Jesus didn't exist". Otherwise, you just sound like a smart-ass interjecting himself into a conversation where your input is unwanted, irrelevant and unneeded.

Red_Dave said:
Theres a number of roman and jewish accounts where he is mentioned. Not to mention the fact that our year system is based on the estimated year of christs birth. Why would the calender be changed in such a way if he didnt exist?

For those who don't believe in Jesus they see him as merely a fictional propoganda tool by the early church. Changing the calendar would help secure their stance of Jesus's existance since Pope Gregory XIII was the one who decreed the calendar in 1582 (which is why it is called the Gregorian calendar). Before that the Julian calendar was in use.

Dammit! This thread isn't about the existence of Jesus! It's about whether or not Jesus was black!!! Can't you understand that?

Donkey1499 said:
Dammit! This thread isn't about the existence of Jesus! It's about whether or not Jesus was black!!! Can't you understand that?

Let's just say he was Dark skinned. Not saying he was a lighter or darker shade but he defiantly wasn't Anglo-saxon.

Unless everyone wants to agree there was a possibility that Jesus had the same type of look of every other Jewish man in Israel at the time.

He talked too much and told everything he knew-Are you saying black ppl.
talk too much?
Men tried to take his life-Yes, the Man has always had it out for black ppl.
First it was crucification and now its HIV and
crack.
A woman lied and said he tried to rape her-Ill bet she was a white chick too.
Scandalous hoes.
He ended up having to run for his life-Well, since I am making generalizations,
he shouldn't steal the Roman's VCR's
He was a man who was continuously rejected-Tell him to try at the Welfare line
He was hung from a tree-No comment needed

Damn, I almost have to believe this thread started out as a joke. How stupid.

Red_Dave said:

None of those "accounts" can be termed evidence as they are not first hand but retellings of retellings,very much in the order of "once upon a time".
You clearly have not read that site have you or you would not even have posed that question?
The calendar was only imposed by papal bull by Gregory in 1582.
That is approximately 1500 years after the death of the alleged life of xrist.
So in what way does that constitute evidence that jesus ever existed?

Donkey1499 said:

Yes I can understand but you must also appreciate the folly of arguing about the race of someone who is merely a fictional character.
Why is everyone around here obsessed with race?

ngdawg said:
The gospels were written up to over 100 years after his death and not one by an eyewitness.
Actually Mark's Gospel was written in 65 CE, about 30 years after Jesus' death...and more then likely his apostles were around Jesus' age, so most likely Mark the apostle wrote this Gospel. Then the authors of Matthew and Luke used Mark's Gospel and another source that scholars have yet to identify (Q source they call it) to write theres which was not too long after Mark, and tehn John was written in 110 CE.
Even if not eyewitness it is likely that these authors were the close apprentices of the original apostles who had gone out to spread the gospel,(recall teh Pentecost story) and had written it down.

cnredd said:
Skin tone and complextion does not mutate that much in 2000 years...it takes hundreds of thousands.
This makes no sense? If you believe in Jesus and therefore the Bible then I think you must also think the world is only 6,000 years old...so for a "mutation" to take hundreds of thousands of years would be anti-Bible and therefore anti-Jesus.

Don't believe me? If you were to take a poll in Kansas 3 out of 4 Kansans would agree with my "logic."

Well,
Ok, it is stated that Jesus was from one line in particular, King Davids.
If this is true as phophesy stated, then by tracing the line to David and down through the generations would solve 1/2 the puzzle, Mary being that 1/2.

The mothers side determined, possibly mixed, could be true. The Dad we know, and he is all races, thus making it possible on the Fathers side and probable to be or not on the mothers.

Thats the closest to a Family tree I have seen.

Aryan Imperium said:
Yes I can understand but you must also appreciate the folly of arguing about the race of someone who is merely a fictional character.
Why is everyone around here obsessed with race?

FICTIONAL CHARACTER??? Once again, this is about his race; not if he existed or not. Wise up!

26 X World Champs said:
This makes no sense? If you believe in Jesus and therefore the Bible then I think you must also think the world is only 6,000 years old

Thank you for illuminating your narrow-minded and prejudiced view of Christian belief. I believe in the United States, but I do not believe that Betsy Ross sewed the first American flag. Does this mean I don't actually believe in the United States, according to your logic?

Some of us are able to separate metaphor, fable, and fact within a 4,000 year old conglomeration of works. I am sorry that your view of believers is so disdainful and skewed that you are unable to differentiate between interpretations and beliefs regarding the Bible. This may shock you, but very few Christian denominations believe in an absolute literal interpretation of the Bible.

I know this will lead into - "so you just pick and choose what you believe?". Maybe so, and that is between myself and God. I can assure you, however, that your interpretation or opinions about Christian belief (which seems to follow the if X then Y rule) do not enter into my meditations.

Jesus was white... (thank god) First of all, he was Isreali... Second of all he a Galilean (incorrectly spelled), which means that he most likely had blond hair and blue eyes.

Joseph said:
Jesus was white... (thank god) First of all, he was Isreali... Second of all he a Galilean (incorrectly spelled), which means that he most likely had blond hair and blue eyes.

Ancient Israelis were not White with blonde hair.

The only reason some Israelis have this appearence today is because they mixed with Teutonic Blood.

You have Semites confused with Tetonic people.

Israelis came from the Hebrew/Hapiru.

The Hapiru were a loosely associated Semi-Nomadic band of Desert Pirates of a Multi- Racial Semitic/Caucasian/Bedouin origin.

They were an outlaw tribe, like gypsies, squatting on other peoples land and stealing anything and everything not nailed down.

They were an outlaw band involved in criminal activities such as prostitution, burglary, rape, and murder.

References to the Hapiru can be found in the Amarna Tablets of Ancient Mesopotamia and Egyptian writings from the time of Pharaoh Akhenaton when because of his negligence, he let Jerusalem fall to the Hapiru Invaders.

Last edited:
Joseph said:

That "Jesus was white... (thank god)..." statement sounds a bit racist. It's also quite retarded as well. Jesus was born in an arab region, therefore, he is an Arab. Olive skin, black hair, brown eyes (?). To say that Jesus is white is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom