• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus said if u hate your life in this world u will find it

2distracted

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It seems to .me d that any person of good will would hate his or her life in this terrible world...where innocent children are butchered in the womb...where those who love Jesus are persecuted/cancelled.. where there are wars all over the globe..where politicians are corrupt, unjust and don't care about their constituents...and I could go on and on

This isn't new.

And look around you--there is much beauty in this world too and goodness.

It seems to .me d that any person of good will would hate his or her life in this terrible world...where innocent children are butchered in the womb...where those who love Jesus are persecuted/cancelled.. where there are wars all over the globe..where politicians are corrupt, unjust and don't care about their constituents...and I could go on and on

Where kooky conservative Christians team up with liars, buffoons and the fiscally irresponsible.

...where those who love Jesus are persecuted/cancelled.....

Well, they certainly perfected persecution. If only it were true that they were actually persecuted now, at least they'd get a feel for what they've inflicted on others for so long.

Lol, now we got Trump supporters trying to convince us Jesus wants us to hate our lives, which is why it's actually a good thing Trump is making Americans suffer far worse than other developed countries! :lamo

Did Jesus also say "u" instead of "you"?

Read your Bible and perhaps you'll figure out what's going on...;)

I love Lord Krishna.

This isn't new.

And look around you--there is much beauty in this world too and goodness.

If you ignore all the awful stuff that this omnipotent god forces on us.

Where kooky conservative Christians team up with liars, buffoons and the fiscally irresponsible.

And of course, no children are murdered. We leave that up to god, he seems to enjoy inflicting dreadful diseases on children.

Read your Bible and perhaps you'll figure out what's going on...;)

Or perhaps you could provide an explanation of what Jesus was getting at in John 12: 24-25 or Luke 14:26 . The OP's understanding of "hating one's life" is a bit off the mark.

For example:

Matthew 10:37 may provide the interpretational key to unlock what Jesus means by “hate” here: “Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.” Yes, we are to exhibit deep affections for our closest earthly kin, but Jesus is saying we must love even them less than we do him if we would prove to be genuine disciples. Of course, it’s also true that I will love my family and friends well in direct to proportion to the depth of my love for Jesus. Does Jesus Really Want Me to Hate My Family?

It's important to understand the narrow context of Jesus' words here. The point is not that only those who live in deliberate poverty will be saved. Nor is it that a person must perform the right kind of actions in order to be with God in eternity. Rather, this is a reference to a person's state of mind. This is why Jesus uses the dichotomy of "love" and "hate," with respect to one's earthly life. Just as Jesus was not commanding people to objectively "hate" their family (Luke 14:26), He is not telling us to objectively "hate" our lives. Rather, He's saying that we ought to put 100% of our priority, emphasis, and effort into the will of God. Those who want to cling to the world, instead of Christ, demonstrate that they "love" the world too much to sincerely follow Him (Mark 10:21–23). What does John 12:25 mean?

john 12:25 meaning - Google Search

Or perhaps you could provide an explanation of what Jesus was getting at in John 12: 24-25 or Luke 14:26 . The OP's understanding of "hating one's life" is a bit off the mark.

For example:

Matthew 10:37 may provide the interpretational key to unlock what Jesus means by “hate” here: “Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.” Yes, we are to exhibit deep affections for our closest earthly kin, but Jesus is saying we must love even them less than we do him if we would prove to be genuine disciples. Of course, it’s also true that I will love my family and friends well in direct to proportion to the depth of my love for Jesus. Does Jesus Really Want Me to Hate My Family?

It's important to understand the narrow context of Jesus' words here. The point is not that only those who live in deliberate poverty will be saved. Nor is it that a person must perform the right kind of actions in order to be with God in eternity. Rather, this is a reference to a person's state of mind. This is why Jesus uses the dichotomy of "love" and "hate," with respect to one's earthly life. Just as Jesus was not commanding people to objectively "hate" their family (Luke 14:26), He is not telling us to objectively "hate" our lives. Rather, He's saying that we ought to put 100% of our priority, emphasis, and effort into the will of God. Those who want to cling to the world, instead of Christ, demonstrate that they "love" the world too much to sincerely follow Him (Mark 10:21–23). What does John 12:25 mean?

john 12:25 meaning - Google Search

That too but I was thinking more along the lines of why bad things are happening on the earth at an increasing rate of speed...the Bible also gives us that answer...

That too but I was thinking more along the lines of why bad things are happening on the earth at an increasing rate of speed...the Bible also gives us that answer...

I don't disagree. I just think that we can help the OP go into a little more depth in his understanding of "hating your life."

I don't disagree. I just think that we can help the OP go into a little more depth in his understanding of "hating your life."

I figure if he's really interested, he'll ask for details...

And of course, no children are murdered. We leave that up to god, he seems to enjoy inflicting dreadful diseases on children.

I take that as being a vote for abortion?

Well, they certainly perfected persecution. If only it were true that they were actually persecuted now, at least they'd get a feel for what they've inflicted on others for so long.

You don't see the persecution bc you don't want to

If you ignore all the awful stuff that this omnipotent god forces on us.

It's not God, it's humans, most of whom are evil.
Don't care about God..and some do but don't like God's laws so out the window with them

It's not God, it's humans, most of whom are evil.
Don't care about God..and some do but don't like God's laws so out the window with them

Humans are responsible for children being inflicted with cancer? Tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and diseases? How does that work?

If a person puts Jesus first and few do, that person will be persecuted and not able to enjoy life much

But then where did Jesus tell us we are commanded to enjoy life? Again, he tells us we will not

Humans are responsible for children being inflicted with cancer? Tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and diseases? How does that work?

Well I believe cancer and other diseases come from our being fallen, sinful creatures and having same for ancestors..

There is God's perfect will
.no cancer or war or whatever

And then there is God's permissive will...cancer and etc

Don't ask me of all people to explain why he allows egregious evil

Back
Top Bottom