• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus Christ’s Resurrection Is Probably The Best-Documented Historical Event Ever

I used the word "belief" in exactly the same sense that you wrote it.

Someone who has never seen a rutabaga will rely on documentary evidence generally compiled by someone that they do not know but whom they have been told is reliable in order to decide whether they believe that rutabagas exist.

Someone who has never seen a god will rely on documentary evidence generally compiled by someone that they do not know but whom they have been told is reliable in order to decide whether they believe that gods exist.

Those two sentences, of course, have absolutely nothing whatsoever in common.

See above.

No, you didn't. And you pretend that rutabagas and gods are both in the same category as things which can only be believed in. Rutabagas can be observed, gods cannot. That is why gods can only be a belief claim, and never a knowledge claim.

No, you didn't. And you pretend that rutabagas and gods are both in the same category as things which can only be believed in.
Which they are.
Rutabagas can be observed, gods cannot.
Would you please produce the concrete, verifiable, reliable, evidence that gods can NOT be observed.

Please note that the fact that gods HAVE not been observed would not validate the statement that gods CAN not be observed.

Please also produce the concrete, verifiable, reliable, evidence that establishes that the reported observations of gods were all false and that the person who reported observing those gods was lying and/or mistaken.
That is why gods can only be a belief claim, and never a knowledge claim.
I believe that the sun will rise in the East tomorrow. However, until the sun does rise tomorrow I do not know where it will rise. Mind you, if you want to bet that the Sun will NOT rise in the East tomorrow, I will gladly take that bet.

Which they are.

Would you please produce the concrete, verifiable, reliable, evidence that gods can NOT be observed.

Please note that the fact that gods HAVE not been observed would not validate the statement that gods CAN not be observed.

Please also produce the concrete, verifiable, reliable, evidence that establishes that the reported observations of gods were all false and that the person who reported observing those gods was lying and/or mistaken.

I believe that the sun will rise in the East tomorrow. However, until the sun does rise tomorrow I do not know where it will rise. Mind you, if you want to bet that the Sun will NOT rise in the East tomorrow, I will gladly take that bet.

Everything is not about belief. Rutabagas are known, gods are only believed in.

The sun doesn't rise, the earth turns. That is knowledge.

Everything is not about belief. Rutabagas are known, gods are only believed in.
Rutabagas are NOT "known" to someone who has never actually seen one. They can, however, be believed in by someone who has never actually seen one.
The sun doesn't rise, the earth turns. That is knowledge.
OK, I BELIEVE that the Sun will APPEAR to rise in the East tomorrow morning. If you want to bet that the Sun will NOT APPEAR to rise in the East tomorrow morning, I'm quite prepared to take your bet and I'll even give you 1,000,000 to 1 odds (but the minimum bet is $100 [and the bet is not on until I actually have your money in hand {and you have to provide concrete, verifiable, reliable, evidence that you actually won before I have to pay out}]).

I swear, you get more ridiculous by the day with your “anything is possible” claims. That’s what happens wit philosophy dilettantes.

I believe that the sun will rise in the East tomorrow. However, until the sun does rise tomorrow I do not know where it will rise.

Another ridiculous statement. Check the astronomy tables. They will deed tell you “where” it will rise, which latitude on any particular day. Do you not understand science?

Rutabagas are NOT "known" to someone who has never actually seen one. They can, however, be believed in by someone who has never actually seen one.

OK, I BELIEVE that the Sun will APPEAR to rise in the East tomorrow morning. If you want to bet that the Sun will NOT APPEAR to rise in the East tomorrow morning, I'm quite prepared to take your bet and I'll even give you 1,000,000 to 1 odds (but the minimum bet is $100 [and the bet is not on until I actually have your money in hand {and you have to provide concrete, verifiable, reliable, evidence that you actually won before I have to pay out}]).

Rutabagas are a known physical thing. Your qualification that everyone doesn't know they exist is meaningless. When people don't know of something physical, they can be told about it. They don't have to believe in it. With gods, all there is only belief in them, no knowledge at all.

You know that the sun will appear because the sun exists and has a relationship in space with the earth. No belief i required for you to know this. You know that the sun exists at night as well. We have facts that we know about the sun and earth. We don't have to believe anything about them.

Not sure what gambling has to do with the difference between knowing and just believing.

Which they are.

What reported observations of gods? There are none. That is the point you don't seem to get.

Actually research is an endeavor designed to assist you in knowing how to act in order that you will achieve the desired results in the greatest percentage of cases.

IOW "research" tells you "how to bet".
Not completely. Betting is still a game of chance, research is also testing hypothesis against eachother and more. Not remotely close to gambling :p. Desired results tends to lead to a lot of confirmation bias, when you lose your desired results you still learn something from it and change your desired results quite often.

Which they are.

Actually a lot of believers claim god cant be observed by mortals something something face will melt off.

That is not going to convince those who know that **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H** is that the so-called "Holocaust" never actually happened and that all of the so-called "documentary evidence" is fake and that all of the so-called "witnesses" are lying in order to promote the International Jewish Conspiracy.

So what? Idiotic people don't change facts by their idiocy.

Actually research is an endeavor designed to assist you in knowing how to act in order that you will achieve the desired results in the greatest percentage of cases.

IOW "research" tells you "how to bet".

But betting does not require research.

Why? It hasn't been demonstrated to be true.
Nonsense. I have the historical Gospels and epistles. You guys have hot air and nothing of substance to knock down the resurrection. YOU HAVE NOTHING.

Demonstrate how the resurrection of Jesus is false then.
Rotflmo
Sorry, your circular logic is a joke. You need to prove the dead can un-dead themselves.
Its always the same nonsense.

Nonsense. I have the historical Gospels and epistles. You guys have hot air and nothing of substance to knock down the resurrection. YOU HAVE NOTHING.
🤡

You have fairly tales written hundreds of years after the event.

So ridiculous.

The sheer inability for a body to reanimate after long enough death. Its also why zombies are not a realistic concept.

BUT but but its really old cult. That has to mean its true!

The body actually cant reanimate after so long being dead. Its just not possible.

We often use science to determine if what is claimed by historical figures actually happen.

🤡

You have fairly tales written hundreds of years after the event.

So ridiculous.
That's absolute nonsense. You've even got the dating wrong. Like I've always said, you guys don't do your homework.

You are a

1664494773592.png

The body actually cant reanimate after so long being dead. Its just not possible.

We often use science to determine if what is claimed by historical figures actually happen.

This has already been posted directly to him, multiple times. The point, that is. He never actually responds to it. He just enjoys the attention.

Back
Top Bottom