• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus Christ’s Resurrection Is Probably The Best-Documented Historical Event Ever

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Compelling argument
============

Every other consequential person of history came into the world to live. The death of other religious leaders—such as Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Mohammad, and Confucius—brought an anticlimactic end to their lives and their work.

But Christ came into the world as God’s son in order to die and pay the price for man’s sin. His sacrifice was the ultimate climax of his life, done for the benefit of all mankind—opening the way to eternal life in heaven for all who believe.

Of the four major world religions built on personalities, only Christianity claims its founder is still alive, having overcome death through resurrection. No Jew ever believed that, after Abraham died and was interred, his tomb ever became empty. After Buddha died, no disciple ever claimed that he or she saw or spoke to him again.

Compelling argument
============

Every other consequential person of history came into the world to live. The death of other religious leaders—such as Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Mohammad, and Confucius—brought an anticlimactic end to their lives and their work.

But Christ came into the world as God’s son in order to die and pay the price for man’s sin. His sacrifice was the ultimate climax of his life, done for the benefit of all mankind—opening the way to eternal life in heaven for all who believe.

Of the four major world religions built on personalities, only Christianity claims its founder is still alive, having overcome death through resurrection. No Jew ever believed that, after Abraham died and was interred, his tomb ever became empty. After Buddha died, no disciple ever claimed that he or she saw or spoke to him again.

How the hell could it be well documented when we have no words from anyone who was there? The Gospels were written decades after the death of Jesus by people who never knew him.

How the hell could it be well documented when we have no words from anyone who was there? The Gospels were written decades after the death of Jesus by people who never knew him.
Let him have it, Grand Mal. It's Easter and all. Big deal to some. Let him have it.

Mark, Mathew and John knew Jesus and walked with him.

Compelling argument
============

Interesting article...thanks...

I'm still feeding my candy cane addiction. Bought up all the local store had and opened the last box today.

:)

Almost time for the 75% off valentines hearts?

I like candy canes best when they're crushed and sprinkled over ice cream or folded into frosting. Get out the old ziplock and the rolling pin...yum.

Sorry OP. Off topic. I'm gone.

Hebrews 4:2

For we also have received the good news just as they did; but the message they heard did not benefit them, since they were not united with those who heard it in faith

Compelling argument
============

By documented, I presume you mean written about?
But how much of what had been written has or can be factually authenticated?

By documented, I presume you mean written about?
But how much of what had been written has or can be factually authenticated?
Absence of the Holy Spirit leaves one without the gift of faith. God in scripture has many references about those who will deny him though.

For many are called but few are chosen.

Absence of the Holy Spirit leaves one without the gift of faith. God in scripture has many references about those who will deny him though.

For many are called but few are chosen.
Have to admit, that's beyond believably true.

Are you claiming to have been chosen by God?

Compelling argument
============

Oh please. I was also 'taught' that I was born with original sin. WTF does that even mean, I've sinned the moment I popped out and took my first breath. With religious beliefs such as that, who needs them?

Let us know if you ever during your life meet your invisible entity you call god. Be sure to take a picture.

Why are you getting so nit picky about facts when this is all about beliefs. I believe there is an invisible clown under my bed who eats the potato chips I drop.

For we also have received the good news just as they did; but the message they heard did not benefit them, since they were not united with those who heard it in faith
Hoodoo voodoo gobbledygook. Ah good old faith, better yet, blind faith like I was taught.

Actually the resurrection and the birth of jesus are among the two least authenticated events in the bible
Religious scholars can't even agree with each other on numerous issues. Where is the mount jesus was supposedly crucified upon? Where is his tomb? Where is any physical evidence the man/god even lived?

Oh please. I was also 'taught' that I was born with original sin. WTF does that even mean, I've sinned the moment I popped out and took my first breath. With religious beliefs such as that, who needs them?

Let us know if you ever during your life meet your invisible entity you call god. Be sure to take a picture.

Original sin is not mentioned in the Bible, btw.

Many Christians would rather argue the importance of faith over sin than actually abiding by Jesus's teachings which have a lot of inconvenient messages about not storing up wealth, helping the hungry, the poor, strangers and loving one's enemies.

Compelling argument
============

i think his messages about loving and not lying and acceptance are more important.

Faith (or believing) is the key to receiving the benefits available from the Word of God. I think it's chapter 11 that contains the hallmark examples of those benefiting as a result of their belief.

Compelling argument
============

Myth.

Back
Top Bottom