• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesse Ventura 2016 Debates

Should Jesse Ventura be allowed in the 2016 Presidential Debates if he runs for President?

If he meets the criteria for ballot access and polling. Although personally, I'd move the percentage required from 15% to 5-10%.

Should Jesse Ventura be allowed in the 2016 Presidential Debates if he runs for President?

Jesse Ventura is a wannabe Mexican who is seeking Mexican citizenship.

Jesse Ventura is a shoe in as a Democrat Presidential candidate. Democrats prefer their candidates to have more than one citizenship. Look at Obama, besides being a "Red Diaper Baby" he was a British subject, a citizen of Kenya, a possible citizen of Indonesia and also an American citizen but in Obama's book, "Dreams From My Father" Obama said "I never looked upon himself as an American but as a internationalist."

I know why they do it, but what is the logic behind allowing a dozen candidates on stage for the primary, but only 2 for the presidential debate? More choice and dialogue is what democracy is about, or so i thought.

Oh no, I think you mean Cruz.

Jesse Ventura is a shoe in as a Democrat Presidential candidate. Democrats prefer their candidates to have more than one citizenship. Look at Obama, besides being a "Red Diaper Baby" he was a British subject, a citizen of Kenya, a possible citizen of Indonesia and also an American citizen but in Obama's book, "Dreams From My Father" Obama said "I never looked upon himself as an American but as a internationalist."

Yes. I think anyone who qualifies as a Presidential candidate - as in meeting the required signatures to get on the ballot, should be allowed at the debates.

I understand that some debates - more so in the primaries - are for particular states and some primary candidates skip certain states or in rare circumstances don't gain enough signatures to get on the ballot in that state - or when it comes to the general election, a lot of the third party candidates need I think at least 10% to get in to the debates - I think is unfair. Because if they can't attend the debates, then they aren't likely to poll higher. Let them attend the debates so we can see if the American people are sold on their message. Not require them to be sold, in order for them to be able to have more easy access to sell their message. The current way it works lacks common sense.

No. Only people not running for president should be allowed in the presidential debates. ;)

The problem with the media show called debates is that they favor folks that are already known far too much and lead them into traps by asking moronic questions of them. I don't know the precise formula for getting included but requiring extreme popularity in multiple states is to high of a bar, especially in the primary debates. I realize that putting 20 folks together limits the ability to get any real feel for any of them but limitting it to 3 or 4 already "big names" is too restrictive.

If he has the numbers. I think a candidate has to be viable to earn a place on the stage....some percentage of followers, according to polls. If he has that, of course he should be allowed in the debates. If he doesn't have the numbers, he is not a viable candidate and should not be allowed to participate any more than you or I.

The guy was a lousy wrestler and an even worse politician.

I assume this is a joke post. No one can be this ignorant.

Ventura is not a Democrat.

Obama is a U.S. citizen as much as you are. Has never been a citizen of any other country. (but you know that)

We are all people of the world. No man is an island. As the corporate leaders say, it's a global economy, now. You are an American AND a person of the world. It's impossible for you to live a life in this country and not be affected by other countries. The products you buy, use, drive, the air you breathe, the water you drink, the food you eat.....all or parts of all those things come from other countries.

Cruz, however, was until recently a citizen of another country. And McCain was born in another country. And Palin is an Alaskan, which, as you know, means she grew up watching Russia from her front lawn.

The guy was a lousy wrestler and an even worse politician.

Hey now.....it wasn't wrestling. It was acting.

Jesse-Ventura-images.jpg

Was just trying to be funny and get all the kids involved. :lol:

I say Absolutely.....if he is a legit Candidate. Then let him in there. Lets see if he will Chew on some Candy. :mrgreen:

of course he should be allowed at the debates..... but he won't be.... one must be anointed by the MSM , and adhere to the major party standards of popularity to be allowed.

He was in the best movie of all time.
Hey now.....it wasn't wrestling. It was acting.

Jesse-Ventura-images.jpg

Was just trying to be funny and get all the kids involved. :lol:

I say Absolutely.....if he is a legit Candidate. Then let him in there. Lets see if he will Chew on some Candy. :mrgreen:

The Reps and Dems have completely manipulated and totally corrupted the structure of the presidential debates, as well as the system for being declared a "legitimate" candidate, that the whole circus is little more than an advertising joke.

I don't care to see 9/11 truthers included in much of anything.

Really comedic. FYI, who had a Panamanian born presidential candidate? Who is planning on Cruz, born in Canada to be on the primary ballot? The latest republican candidate may have been born in the USA but from a foreign born father. Romney's daddy campaigned to become the republican candidate in 68 even though he was born in Mexico. Barry Goldwater was born in New Mexico when it was not even a US state.

Yep. I loved that movie. Dan Glover did a fine job in the sequel too.
Mornin Mak. :2wave: What movie was that?
dontknow.gif
thinking.gif
Predator?

Really comedic. FYI, who had a Panamanian born presidential candidate? Who is planning on Cruz, born in Canada to be on the primary ballot? The latest republican candidate may have been born in the USA but from a foreign born father. Romney's daddy campaigned to become the republican candidate in 68 even though he was born in Mexico. Barry Goldwater was born in New Mexico when it was not even a US state.

Unlike the Netherlands who doesn't have a real military and relies on other countries military forces to watch their six, the former Panama Canal Zone was a U.S. military reservation and was sovereign U.S. soil.

Romney's father's parents were U.S. citizens. Under "The Law of Nations" "Son follows condition of his father."

When New Mexico was a territory, it was still American sovereign soil.

He was in the best movie of all time.

He was also one of the better governors we've ever had here.

If you can convince the rabid cons and the rabid libs that you're a waste of space, you're doing it right!

It might be more entertaining if he didn't run, but moderated one of the debates!

It might be more entertaining if he didn't run, but moderated one of the debates!

Now that would be interesting.....and let him add in with the questions. The ratings would be great. :lol:

Unlike the Netherlands who doesn't have a real military and relies on other countries military forces to watch their six, the former Panama Canal Zone was a U.S. military reservation and was sovereign U.S. soil.

Romney's father's parents were U.S. citizens. Under "The Law of Nations" "Son follows condition of his father."

When New Mexico was a territory, it was still American sovereign soil.

Yes, it is really fair to compare the army of a country with 16 million with one of 300 million when it comes to military force. But guess what, it was this small country that first recognized (unofficially) the USA when it saluted the American flag on November the 16th 1776. On the 19th of April 1782, the Dutch parliament received John Adams and welcomed him as the Minister Plenipotentiary of the United States of America. The house he bought in The Hague became the first US embassy.

And Obama's mother was an American and Obama was born in the USA. That is something that Ted Cruz who was born in Canada and Daddy Romney was born in Mexico. Those are the facts. They might have been born outside the USA but for the law they are natural born Americans and I agree with that. Just like Obama is a natural born American.

My response was just to show how hypocritical your comment was about how Democrats are the ones who prefer candidates with more than one nationality.

He was also one of the better governors we've ever had here.

If you can convince the rabid cons and the rabid libs that you're a waste of space, you're doing it right!

There will always be those who get free stuff and then claim that he was the best.

And what real credibility do the voters in Minnesota really have ? Didn't they elect a clown to represent them in the Senate ?

Back
Top Bottom