• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesse Jackson Will Not Apologize to the Governor and Floridians.....

The answer is simple. Show us proof, using the source(s) of your choice, that Al and JJ advocate personal behavior changes in the black community and not simply an infusion of other people's money to "help" solve the black out of wedlock childbirth rate (now 73%) and black on black crime rate (now 93%) crisis situations.

LOL....we need to show you proof....what a joke.

The key words here is ...black-on-black ...crime. So if you're not black ...then you need to STFU and go about your business.
Show you what proof??

That's sort of like a Chinese person saying ....show us proof white people are as intelligent as the Chinese ....or show us proof that ...Americans are not obese people.

I often disagree with JJ and Al Sharpton ...primarily because I never see marching and singing songs as a way to fix racial issues.

But JJ and Al Sharpton spend more time talk about the black-on-black crimes in the urban areas ..than they do anything else. Again ...there is a deliberate effort by the right-wing to ignore this ....to pretend it's never discussed by black leaders.

And this strategy comes right out of the race-Bait play book by Limbaugh, Hannity and Oreilly on Faux news. So I'm not going to keep repeating myself here ...because I know the right wing are properly schooled by the right wing race baiters ...who've a long history of stoking white racism for profit.

So go ahead with your hollow race-bait chant of ....blacks kill other blacks ....TTTOOOO ....yeah ...and I'm wearing a pair of blue socks today.

In the same Urban areas.....and they address it very little. I can't speak for Sharpton. But now lil Jesse.....I know. Even back to the days before he said he found Jesus. So I doubt you can spin that BS with me. I grew up Right on the South Side of Chicago. I also know what neighborhoods Jesse Don't go and hang out in. Nor go and give any lil speeches in.

The key words here is ...black-on-black ...crime. So if you're not black ...then you need to STFU and go about your business.

Well, no, that's a particularly stupid opinion you have there.

I agree with Jackson's assertions.....Florida is an Apartheid state.
And the only way blacks in that state is going to be treated like people ....is if they start killing whites.
Until the whites in that state start feeling un-safe themselves ...... nothing will change.

start killing whites? are you insane

FBI statistics show that blacks commit 90% of interracial crime*

African -Americans commit 90% of the approximately 1,700,000 interracial crimes of
violence that occur in the United States every year, and are more than 50 times more likely to commit vioent crime against whites than vice versa.

Major Findings

1. Blacks commit violent crimes four to eight times the white rate. Hispanic commit violent crimes at approximately three times the white rate, and Asians at one half to three quarters the white rate.

2. Blacks are as much more violent than whites (four to eight times) as men are more violent than women.

3. Of the approximately 1,700,000 interracial crimes of violence involving blacks and whites, 90 percent are committed by blacks against whites. Blacks are 50 times more likely than whites to commit individual acts of interracial violence. They are up to 250 times more likley than whites to engage in multiple-offender or group interracial violence.

4. There is more black-on-white than black-on-black violent crime. Fifty-six percent of violent crimes committed by blacks have white victims. Only two to three percent of violent crimes committed by whites have black victims.

5. Blacks are twice as likely to commit hate crimes.

*Sources

Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime in the United States

Bureau of Justice Statistics, Criminal Vitimization

Bureau of Justice Statistics, Sourcebook of Criminal Justice

Federal of Investigation, Hate Crime Statistics

they have already been committing crimes against whites at an alarming rate. 50 times more then whites have committed against them maybe that is the reason people profile them

...Who cares?

Looks like the Governor of Florida and some Florida people cares.....maybe more will wake up and chase the pariah out of their state. Before he starts some race riots.

Looks like the Governor of Florida and some Florida people cares.....

So nobody?

maybe more will wake up and chase the pariah out of their state.

Or...they'll continue on not caring.

Before he starts some race riots.

Heh...Jessie Jackson starting race riots. That's hilarious.

Jackson isn't stupid.. his relevancy, his very livelihood, relies upon inflaming racial tension....paid professional race-baiters have to continually prime the pump, even if the facts don't support them

I think Scott is an idiot for even addressing Jackson and his words directly

I agree with this, but I find it interesting that Jackson's stock has fallen to the point that I wasn't even aware he made these comments until I read this thread... and I keep up with stuff pretty regular. The press does still follow him, of course, but they don't hang on his every word like they used to.

So nobody?

Or...they'll continue on not caring.

Heh...Jessie Jackson starting race riots. That's hilarious.

A Nobody that gets that cameras eye each and every time, as well as the same Nobody that filed with the UN's HRC. Citing Florida for Violating Human Rights.....either way Jackson got the limelight didn't he?

Yeah.....not like he hasn't done that before. Don't know much about back when he was hanging out with Jeff Fort, do ya huh?

*Sources*

Could you provide links to these sources?

Thanks in advance.

they have already been committing crimes against whites at an alarming rate. 50 times more then whites have committed against them maybe that is the reason people profile them

Well, no. People profile African-Americans because they themselves are ignorant and panicky.

start killing whites? are you insane

FBI statistics show that blacks commit 90% of interracial crime*

African -Americans commit 90% of the approximately 1,700,000 interracial crimes of
violence that occur in the United States every year, and are more than 50 times more likely to commit vioent crime against whites than vice versa.

Major Findings

1. Blacks commit violent crimes four to eight times the white rate. Hispanic commit violent crimes at approximately three times the white rate, and Asians at one half to three quarters the white rate.

2. Blacks are as much more violent than whites (four to eight times) as men are more violent than women.

3. Of the approximately 1,700,000 interracial crimes of violence involving blacks and whites, 90 percent are committed by blacks against whites. Blacks are 50 times more likely than whites to commit individual acts of interracial violence. They are up to 250 times more likley than whites to engage in multiple-offender or group interracial violence.

4. There is more black-on-white than black-on-black violent crime. Fifty-six percent of violent crimes committed by blacks have white victims. Only two to three percent of violent crimes committed by whites have black victims.

5. Blacks are twice as likely to commit hate crimes.

*Sources

Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime in the United States

Bureau of Justice Statistics, Criminal Vitimization

Bureau of Justice Statistics, Sourcebook of Criminal Justice

Federal of Investigation, Hate Crime Statistics

got any links for that data?
*source:
the internet

Jesse Jackson Urges U.N. Human Rights Council to Investigate Trayvon Martin Shooting -

The Rev. Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the Rainbow Push Coalition, wants the United Nations’ human rights watchdog brought into the debate over the shooting of Trayvon Martin. Various parts of the U.N. human rights system have in the past weighed in on the Feb. 2012 shooting of the 17-year-old, criticizing Florida’s “stand your ground” law and, in one case, calling for “reparation for the victims.”

But Jackson is proposing an investigation by the U.N.’s top human rights apparatus, the Human Rights Council (HRC), a controversial body whose ranks include regimes with poor human rights records, including some of America’s most vocal critics.

“Congress must act,” he added. “And it’s time to call on the United Nations Human Rights Commission for an in-depth investigation of whether the U.S. is upholding its obligations under international human rights laws and treaties.” (The Human Rights Commission no longer exists; it was replaced by the HRC in 2006.)

Days before Zimmerman was indicted in April 2012 – at a time when local, state and federal inquiries had been underway for weeks – U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay called for “an immediate investigation” into the shooting.

Last December the Travyon Martin case was raised during a meeting of yet another U.N. body in Geneva – the Human Rights Committee, which oversees countries’ compliance with the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).

In a report focusing on gun violence, the committee cited the Martin shooting and criticized Florida’s “stand your ground” laws, saying they were not compliant with “international human rights principles of necessity and proportionality, [under which] there is a general duty to avoid the use of force where non-violent means of self-protection are reasonably available.”

The committee, a body of 18 experts, is preparing to review U.S. compliance with the ICCPR during a session in the fall.

- See more at: Jesse Jackson Urges U.N. Human Rights Council to Investigate Trayvon Martin Shooting | CNS News

Now, the UN says they will seek for the Victim to receive compensation.

You misunderstand. Literally, no one of note cares about what Jessie Jackson has said.

Yeah.....not like he hasn't done that before. Don't know much about back when he was hanging out with Jeff Fort, do ya huh?

A quick perusal on google has not turned up anything substantiative on Jessie Jackson and his "connections" to Jeff Fort. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

I wonder if society realizes that racial harmony would put this guy, Jesse Jackson, (I cannot make myself call him Reverend,) out of business?

Jackson has to keep the pot stirred. It is a matter of self-preservation to him.

Jackson, Sharpton, and many other snake-oil salesmen across the historical American landscape, from all walks of life, have created cottage industry pretending to fight the very source of their livelihood.

Do we think the oil industry wants to support energy alternatives to oil? No.

Do we think the law enforcement professionals, that feed their family's and pay for their houses and cars, actually want to eradicate the flow of illegal narcotics they fight diligently to prevent? No.

I have always supported the creation of industry and new markets. But some people have absolutely no honorable integrity in the ways and means they choose to support their existence.

But as long as there are people willing to buy snake-oil, here in America, by God, there will always be someone there to sell it to them.

You misunderstand. Literally, no one of note cares about what Jessie Jackson has said.

A quick perusal on google has not turned up anything substantiative on Jessie Jackson and his "connections" to Jeff Fort. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

Ya sure ya actually looked it up :shock: .....as when I punched it up I got all kinds of links to go to?

Jackson&Fort.jpg

In fact, the Blackstone Rangers were becoming increasingly violent. In September, 1966, gang members yelled “almighty Blackstone Rangers” before opening fire on a group of boy scouts leaving a meeting at the Essex Community Church at 74th and Blackstone. The following month, twenty Rangers invaded the lunchroom at South Shore High School during school hours, creating chaos by throwing furniture around and breaking glasses, dishes, and silverware, while assaulting twelve students there.

During this time, Fort used his ability to subvert community organizations to consolidate a cartel of south side street gangs, forming the Black P. Stones in 1967. Obviously a play on the original Ranger name, the separation of “Black” and “Stone” in the name of the new group made the gang less location-specific and added racial and religious overtones. The “P.” variously indicates “People” or “Power,” depending on the context. The Stones were led by a council called the “Main 21,” chaired by Fort and Hairston, with representatives of different gangs working together to organize extortion, narcotics, and other rackets.

In the civil rights movement and the country’s increased awareness of the slum conditions inhabited by many blacks, Fort saw an opportunity to milk government and charitable organizations for funds to support gang activities. Fort was not alone in this endeavor (on the west side, the Conservative Vice Lords were doing the same), but his audacious success brought him national fame.

At the end of 1966, The Woodlawn Organization (“TWO”), a major community group, applied for a federal government grant amounting to over $950,000, in which the Blackstone Rangers would administer job training programs to young gang members in the community. It is difficult to imagine now how anyone could have thought that a known criminal organization would have the ability to run such a program and to avoid corruption, but government officials were as interested as anyone in appearing to be supportive of black community interests (not to mention buying black votes).

In late 1969, Fort again used the veneer of civil rights as a cause for gang enrichment. Operation Breadbasket, the Jesse Jackson-led wing of the Southern Christian leadership Conference, had waged a public boycott against the Red Rooster Supermarket chain for allegedly overcharging customers and serving low-quality products in black neighborhoods. Fort offered the company the opportunity to “hire” 22 gang members, including 15 of the Main 21, at inflated salaries, as a way to show solidarity and mend ties with the Woodlawn community. Fort personally was hired as an “outside store inspector”. The gang’s deal helped end the boycott, but their increasing demands finally bankrupted Red Rooster; Fort had killed the rooster that laid the golden eggs!

In 1970, the P. Stones even allegedly extorted $160,000 from entertainer Sammy Davis (Sr.), who had an ownership interest in a Dixmoor-based liquor store, which he agreed to let gang members run.

As some of the previous examples indicate, Jeff Fort was increasingly becoming a political figure, especially after he took complete control of the Black P. Stones when Eugene Hairston went to prison in 1968. Later revelations indicated that the Rangers had even weighed the possibility of high-profile assassinations during the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago, including those of incumbent Vice President Hubert Humphrey and Sen. Eugene McCarthy.

But Jeff Fort’s most famous political statement came about not in Chicago, but in Washington that year. A January, 1968, investigation by the Tribune had revealed the extent to which the TWO grant was being misused by the Rangers. Fort was asked to testify before the U.S. Senate subcommittee on investigations to explain the apparent fraud. When asked his name, he replied, but after that refused to answer further queries. His attorney, sitting next to him at the hearing, demanded that Fort be allowed to cross-examine previous testifiers, who had claimed they witnessed fraud. Upon being reminded that a Senate subcommittee was not a trial court, Fort stood up and walked out on Congress, leaving his questioners shouting threats of contempt charges after him. In fact, Fort was later tried and convicted for contempt. The scene of the young black militant showing evident disrespect to the Senate made the front pages and headed the evening news.

The Chicago Crime Scenes Project: Jeff Fort Founds the Black P. Stone Nation

Course the rest is history.....when Fort got up and walked out on Congress during their Hearing for him. Not to mention there are even Pictures of them together. Jesse use to joke how he almost got Fort to turn back to being a Christian.

got any links for that data?
*source:
the internet

My point exactly. Look at the threads here talking about ....black-on-black crimes ....and all of a sudden out comes the glaring statistics ...hey wait a minute ....there are a lot of black-on-white crimes as well.

The point here is this ...FAUX news makes a lot of money by telling white people that blacks are attacking them .....and blacks want their money.
The poor welfare white ....living no where close to any black person in the country truly believes this . because he wants to ....it makes him feel accomplished.

But my point about Florida's apartheid agenda is this ....singing songs and marching ......or having these empty discussions .....will fix nothing.

Whites in that state have to feel some pain ...before any thing can change. It's my frustration with the black community ....they could even do simple things by stop funding corporations in that state.....they just need to be organized about it.

The idea that blacks will suffer in that state too is ridiculous because ....what ...they aren't suffering now?

There are several key corporations that rely on earnings outside the state .....that blacks could target as a group ...and get support from other groups to economically erode.....then you'll hear the wailing and howling from the whites in Florida. This is my frustration with Sharpton and JJ ...their impulse is to march and sing songs ...and to me that's only a display of weakness. Blacks must stop teaching their kids about MLK if you ask me ....because marching and singing songs ...is the center piece of that struggle .....and look how respected blacks are in America for that!!!

The point is .....they have to feel pain or nothing will change.

I wonder if society realizes that racial harmony would put this guy, Jesse Jackson, (I cannot make myself call him Reverend,) out of business?

Your point being? Do you have any actual evidence that the reverend goes out of his way to agitate and incite "racial disharmony" so that he can stay in business?

Jackson has to keep the pot stirred. It is a matter of self-preservation to him.

Such bountiful wisdom from conservatives.

LOL....we need to show you proof....what a joke.

Show you what proof??

That's sort of like a Chinese person saying ....show us proof white people are as intelligent as the Chinese ....or show us proof that ...Americans are not obese people.

Nonsense. You made the assertion that JJ and Al Sharpton advocate behavior changes (personal responsibility?) in the black community "all of the time"; I simply suggested that, if that is so, that you should provide evidence of this "fact".

I agree with Jackson's assertions.....Florida is an Apartheid state.
And the only way blacks in that state is going to be treated like people ....is if they start killing whites.
Until the whites in that state start feeling un-safe themselves ...... nothing will change.

You must have missed the articles and research which showed blacks in Florida a-kill more blacks than whites and b-kill more whites than whites and c-benefit from Stand Your Ground laws at a much higher percentage than whites and d-the whole thing is a ridiculous charade created by a bunch of race hustling scumbags. Oh...and e-Jackson, Sharpton, Obama et al are conspicuously silent when it comes to black on white violence and black on black violence...you know...the vast majority of incidents.

*under review*

Let me apologize for the delay in response. At the moment, I'm perusing several links after refining my search terms on google. Will respond in good time.

Jackson, Sharpton, and many other snake-oil salesmen across the historical American landscape, from all walks of life, have created cottage industry pretending to fight the very source of their livelihood.

Do we think the oil industry wants to support energy alternatives to oil? No.

Do we think the law enforcement professionals, that feed their family's and pay for their houses and cars, actually want to eradicate the flow of illegal narcotics they fight diligently to prevent? No.

I have always supported the creation of industry and new markets. But some people have absolutely no honorable integrity in the ways and means they choose to support their existence.

But as long as there are people willing to buy snake-oil, here in America, by God, there will always be someone there to sell it to them.

I agree with everything you said, but want to comment on the part in red.

I have always thought it shortsighted that oil companies don't invest in and/or buy up existing alternative energy technology to set themselves up to make even more money.

Let me apologize for the delay in response. At the moment, I'm perusing several links after refining my search terms on google. Will respond in good time.

Sure thing.....you can look up the NY Times NewsWeek Time Mag.....pretty much everybody had it when Fort walked out of Congress. Just one of those things that tends to get buried with time.

As there is no mistaking that Jesse Jackson was a Blackstone P Ranger. Which even after his and Forts division,we know that one of the Originals and one of the Black Panthers were the ones to head out West Coast, and create that other activist community group. Community Resistance in Progress.

Also as to caring.....well, Now I care. And I am on the front lines living amongst the shee erm them. So I don't mind highlighting anything that can bring all of those skeletons out of the closet. Which could take this putz out of the Nations Limelight.

Oh and check out the History's Channels Documentaries on it too. ;)

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said, but want to comment on the part in red.

I have always thought it shortsighted that oil companies don't invest in and/or buy up existing alternative energy technology to set themselves up to make even more money.

I certainly believe the oil industry will capitalize on energy alternatives eventually but are determined the world does it at their pace. Much of their tangible assets are in equipment specifically suited for fossil fuels. Until they go to rust I don't expect to see the oil industry breaking any land speed records in their pursuit for alternative energy.

My point exactly. Look at the threads here talking about ....black-on-black crimes ....and all of a sudden out comes the glaring statistics ...hey wait a minute ....there are a lot of black-on-white crimes as well.

The point here is this ...FAUX news makes a lot of money by telling white people that blacks are attacking them .....and blacks want their money.
The poor welfare white ....living no where close to any black person in the country truly believes this . because he wants to ....it makes him feel accomplished.

But my point about Florida's apartheid agenda is this ....singing songs and marching ......or having these empty discussions .....will fix nothing.

Whites in that state have to feel some pain ...before any thing can change. It's my frustration with the black community ....they could even do simple things by stop funding corporations in that state.....they just need to be organized about it.

The idea that blacks will suffer in that state too is ridiculous because ....what ...they aren't suffering now?

There are several key corporations that rely on earnings outside the state .....that blacks could target as a group ...and get support from other groups to economically erode.....then you'll hear the wailing and howling from the whites in Florida. This is my frustration with Sharpton and JJ ...their impulse is to march and sing songs ...and to me that's only a display of weakness. Blacks must stop teaching their kids about MLK if you ask me ....because marching and singing songs ...is the center piece of that struggle .....and look how respected blacks are in America for that!!!

The point is .....they have to feel pain or nothing will change.

and why haven't you started killing white people yet?... what's holding you back?

You must have missed the articles and research which showed blacks in Florida a-kill more blacks than whites and b-kill more whites than whites and c-benefit from Stand Your Ground laws at a much higher percentage than whites and d-the whole thing is a ridiculous charade created by a bunch of race hustling scumbags. Oh...and e-Jackson, Sharpton, Obama et al are conspicuously silent when it comes to black on white violence and black on black violence...you know...the vast majority of incidents.

Will you guys make up your minds? Which is it ...are blacks killing more blacks ......OR ...are blacks killing more whites in FL.....which is it????

The right wing race bait arguments is showing it's face here ....blacks kill more blacks ....NO ....blacks kill more whites ...NO ...blacks kill more non-blacks.....:lamo

Tell you what ....go off-line ..... huddle up ....and try to come back with a coherent argument!!

Jesse Jackson is refusing to apologize to the Rick Scott the the People of Florida for the remarks he has made. Jackson doubles down and appears to be pushing racial tensions rather than trying to prevent any. This is ridiculous.....Jackson is calling Florida an Apartheid state. Comparing it to Selma. Why isn't the News Media going after Jackson? How is he fighting for civil Right here? Isnt anyone going to go after him for fraud and the use of or playing on the Law of Civil Rights? What about for filing false claims? What about hooking him up for breaking any Florida and Interstate laws?

How do Floridians feel about Jackson and his comments? What do you think about this Wacked Job and False Prophet coming from Chicago.....staying there riling people up over race? Here this putz's son and daughter in Law are going to Jail. While the courts and the Media play with this game of Woe is me and who will take care of their kids. Shouldn't grandpa here be back home attending to his own familys business rather than Living off others and for free and doing so in the State of Florida. How you like this guy and his people coming down there and living off of yas for free? Putting the state into the News and getting celebrities to keep pushing the Boycott of Florida?

Civil rights activist Jesse Jackson isn't backing down from comments he made comparing Florida's struggle with the Trayvon Martin case to the civil rights clashes with police during the 1960s in Selma, Ala.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Wednesday demanded that Jackson apologize for his comments calling the state the "Selma of our time." He also said Florida has been an "apartheid" state.

But Jackson, in an interview with The Associated Press, defended his remarks. He cited the state's voter laws and incarceration rates of blacks versus the general population as examples of "apartheid like conditions."

Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Wednesday demanded an apology from longtime civil rights activist Jesse Jackson for comparing the state's struggle with the Trayvon Martin case to the civil rights clashes with police during the 1960s in Selma, Ala.

Jackson spent the night with protesters upset that George Zimmerman was found not guilty of second-degree murder in the shooting death of Martin. They've refused to leave the Capitol until Scott calls a special session to have legislators overhaul the state's self-defense laws.

Jackson called Florida the "Selma of our time" and even compared Scott to former Alabama Gov. George Wallace. While he was governor, Wallace famously stood in the door at the University of Alabama to try to block the entry of two black students.

Scott so far has refused the request and the protest has dragged on for more than two weeks. The protesters have gotten national media attention and won support from celebrities such as entertainer Harry Belafonte and others who have urged people to boycott Florida.

Scott in a release blasted Jackson's comments as "reckless" and "divisive" and said that he should apologize to residents.....snip~

Jesse Jackson to Fla. gov: No apology for comments

The best response to JJ's tirade, is no response at all. He is not worth the effort as his words mean nothing and are only used to incite unrest, division and racial tensions. Hard to believe he actually thinks he makes a positive difference.

Back
Top Bottom