• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jerry Falwell Jr Goes Nutty in Interview

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
What Trump cabinent position is he angling for:
  • Head of Blackmail
  • Czar of Pool Boys

Check out the questions that were asked of him:

You said recently that conservatives and Christians should stop electing nice guys. Aren’t Christians supposed to be nice guys?

So, the government you want is one free of religious association?

You pushed for national leaders to use the term “radical Islamic terrorism” when describing Muslims who are terrorists. Should leaders call it “white supremacist terrorism” when we have violent acts by white supremacists in this country?

You and other white evangelical leaders have strongly supported President Trump. What about him exemplifies Christianity and earns him your support?

Is there anything President Trump could do that would endanger that support from you or other evangelical leaders?

No.

Is it hypocritical for evangelical leaders to support a leader who has advocated violence and who has committed adultery and lies often? I understand that a person can be forgiven their sins, but should that person be leading the country?

You’ve been criticized by some other evangelical leaders about your support for the president. They say you need to demand higher moral and ethical standards. You disagree with them on that?

I think those were some very good questions that revealed his hypocritical nature and proves once and for all that this man is an immoral charlatan who wouldn't know what religion is if you threw the bible in his face.

Jerry Falwell Jr. can’t imagine Trump ‘doing anything that’s not good for the country’

Favorite quote of the interview:
A poor person never gave anyone a job. A poor person never gave anybody charity, not of any real volume."
Methinks he doesn't remember that Jesus was poor. My God....A week after Christmas too..

Last edited:
  • Head of Blackmail
  • Czar of Pool Boys

I think those were some very good questions that revealed his hypocritical nature and proves once and for all that this man is an immoral charlatan who wouldn't know what religion is if you threw the bible in his face.

Jerry Falwell Jr. can’t imagine Trump ‘doing anything that’s not good for the country’

Favorite quote of the interview: Methinks he doesn't remember that Jesus was poor. My God....A week after Christmas too..

You just love accusing people of being pedophiles, don't you? At least provide evidence.

"Is there anything President Trump could do that would endanger that support from you or other evangelical leaders?"

"No."

This has always been the trump supporter position, which is why their shifting demands for evidence of wrongdoing on Trump's part have always been disingenuous.

• Head of Blackmail
  • Czar of Pool Boys

Favorite quote of the interview: Methinks he doesn't remember that Jesus was poor. My God....A week after Christmas too..

I guess he forgot about the widow who gave 2 small coins...SMH

“Truly I say to you that this poor widow put in more than all the others who put money into the treasury chests. For they all put in out of their surplus, but she, out of her want, put in everything she had, all she had to live on.” Mark 12:43,44

"Is there anything President Trump could do that would endanger that support from you or other evangelical leaders?"

"No."

This has always been the trump supporter position, which is why their shifting demands for evidence of wrongdoing on Trump's part have always been disingenuous.

As long as Trump does not ever cross Israel, he will be given the greenlight from Evangelicals to commit crimes. The biblical prophecies supersede the rule of law.

As long as Trump does not ever cross Israel, he will be given the greenlight from Evangelicals to commit crimes. The biblical prophecies supersede the rule of law.

Nope! He crossed Israel by announcing the pullout from Syria.

• Head of Blackmail
  • Czar of Pool Boys

You left this part out when you mention that "No" answer:

That’s the shortest answer we’ve had so far.

Only because I know that he only wants what’s best for this country, and I know anything he does, it may not be ideologically “conservative,” but it’s going to be what’s best for this country, and I can’t imagine him doing anything that’s not good for the country.

I guess that part didn't conform to you objective, did it?

You also neglected to present any of his other answers to the questions you posted. Why? Were they too reasonable for you?

For example, his answer to the terrorist question:

Sure, if a terrorist is someone who is trying to overthrow a political regime. I guess it depends on what your definition of terrorism is. Anybody who kills anybody else or commits violence against anybody else because of their race is horrible. It’s just as bad as the 9/11 attack.

How does this answer reveal that this man is an immoral charlatan?

Anyway, I've come to expect cherry-picking from you to advance your anti-Trump agenda...you didn't disappoint this time around.

He walked that back in recent days.

As I understand it he said the pullout would happen in a few months instead of instantly. The end result is the same, though, because Iran will end up having a presence on Israel's doorstep. While that has been true in the past, that was before Iran had the advanced missile technology they have now.

Nope! He crossed Israel by announcing the pullout from Syria.

These people are nutty as payday bars. Jerry Falwell Sr blamed the ACLU for causing 9/11.

You left this part out when you mention that "No" answer:

I guess that part didn't conform to you objective, did it?

You also neglected to present any of his other answers to the questions you posted. Why? Were they too reasonable for you?

For example, his answer to the terrorist question:

How does this answer reveal that this man is an immoral charlatan?

Anyway, I've come to expect cherry-picking from you to advance your anti-Trump agenda...you didn't disappoint this time around.

I'd like to know too what makes Falwell an immoral charlatan.

As I understand it he said the pullout would happen in a few months instead of instantly. The end result is the same, though, because Iran will end up having a presence on Israel's doorstep. While that has been true in the past, that was before Iran had the advanced missile technology they have now.

Could be, but, as I understand it Lindsey Graham, war monger in chief, is quite pleased with Trump's altered position.

Could be, but, as I understand it Lindsey Graham, war monger in chief, is quite pleased with Trump's altered position.

Lindsey Graham has gone full-bore Trumpist. He isn't the same human being he was in the beginning of 2017. Also, we have no idea what was discussed in that office.

I disagree. It's got little to do with Israel. It's mostly about the cultural war in this country. It's a nationalistic wave, they believe the only way to get the US back in line with their cultural beliefs is to be hard and authoritative. And Trump is authoritative, if he appointed himself a god or king the evangelical Christians wouldn't care as long as he helped them win the cultural war.

It's their way or else, they will not compromise, they will happily throw out democracy if it means winning the cultural war.

Lindsey Graham has gone full-bore Trumpist. He isn't the same human being he was in the beginning of 2017. Also, we have no idea what was discussed in that office.

You know what an interesting social experiment would be.. have Trump come out and be unabashedly Pro-Palestine.. condemn the settlements, call for a two state solution and the liberation of the Palestinian people.. just to see if the right would continue defending him in hypocrisy.

I disagree. It's got little to do with Israel. It's mostly about the cultural war in this country. It's a nationalistic wave, they believe the only way to get the US back in line with their cultural beliefs is to be hard and authoritative. And Trump is authoritative, if he appointed himself a god or king the evangelical Christians wouldn't care as long as he helped them win the cultural war.

It's their way or else, they will not compromise, they will happily throw out democracy if it means winning the cultural war.

Well, I got news for them. They already lost.

I think this is accurate. Maybe it's a 2 or 3 pronged support. I'm not really up on my Christian orthodoxy. But, as I understand it, for Jesus to return and Armageddon to happen, the temple has to be built in Israel. And Israel has to be united. I understand Palestine gets in the way of that prophecy being fulfilled.

Well, I got news for them. They already lost.

Well, we'll see. There's millions of them, with lots of money and lots of political and media power. Politics is all important to them. Even at the cost to their Christian beliefs.

30 years ago the Cons Christians I knew held their families and religion as the most important things in their lives.. Now? It's all about politics and culture. Being a true Christian and following Jesus's teachings isn't even in their top 5.

You know what an interesting social experiment would be.. have Trump come out and be unabashedly Pro-Palestine.. condemn the settlements, call for a two state solution and the liberation of the Palestinian people.. just to see if the right would continue defending him in hypocrisy.

His supporters follow him regardless of how quickly he fishtails from position to position, and there's actually a really simple reason for this: standing by him no matter what is itself part of the identity of being a Trump supporter. Once you appreciate the totality of that statement everything becomes much easier to understand.

Authoritative except when it comes to his own actions. Then anything goes. Just like most big time religious loons, do as I say not as I do.

I think this is accurate. Maybe it's a 2 or 3 pronged support. I'm not really up on my Christian orthodoxy. But, as I understand it, for Jesus to return and Armageddon to happen, the temple has to be built in Israel. And Israel has to be united. I understand Palestine gets in the way of that prophecy being fulfilled.

I'm sure there are still true believers, but most are just mouthing the words. It's mostly about winning the cultural war in this country now. Trump absolutely proves that. You can't get anymore of an un-Christian person then him, yet 80% of the evangelicals are firmly in his corner.

Trump never asked God for forgiveness of his sins. That's about the number 1 no-no in Christianity. But the so called Christians don't care.. Thy love Trump because of the culture wars, and they believe Trump will help them win that war... Christian prophecies mean little to them now.

I'm sure there are still true believers, but most are just mouthing the words. It's mostly about winning the cultural war in this country now. Trump absolutely proves that. You can't get anymore of an un-Christian person then him, yet 80% of the evangelicals are firmly in his corner.

Trump never asked God for forgiveness of his sins. That's about the number 1 no-no in Christianity. But the so called Christians don't care.. Thy love Trump because of the culture wars, and they believe Trump will help them win that war... Christian prophecies mean little to them now.

They put their faith in mortal man...Psalm 146:3

Which is why this initial exchange is such a lie:
Magazine
By Joe Heim January 1 at 8:00 AM
Jerry Falwell Jr., 56, took over as president of Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va., in 2007, following the death of his father, the Rev. Jerry Falwell, who founded the school. He lives with his wife, Becki, in Bedford County, Va.

You said recently that conservatives and Christians should stop electing nice guys. Aren’t Christians supposed to be nice guys?

Of course, of course. But that’s where people get confused. I almost laugh out loud when I hear Democrats saying things like, “Jesus said suffer the little children to come unto me” and try to use that as the reason we should open up our borders.

It’s such a distortion of the teachings of Jesus to say that what he taught us to do personally — to love our neighbors as ourselves, help the poor — can somehow be imputed on a nation. Jesus never told Caesar how to run Rome. He went out of his way to say that’s the earthly kingdom, I’m about the heavenly kingdom and I’m here to teach you how to treat others, how to help others, but when it comes to serving your country, you render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s. It’s a distortion of the teaching of Christ to say Jesus taught love and forgiveness and therefore the United States as a nation should be loving and forgiving, and just hand over everything we have to every other part of the world. That’s not what Jesus taught. You almost have to believe that this is a theocracy to think that way, to think that public policy should be dictated by the teachings of Jesus.

Falwell is part of the Cult of Rushdoony along with almost all of the Evangelicals and 100% of the TV church ladies. They absolutely want a country run by the religious right's theology. Trump appointing fellow travelers to the courts is why they overlook all of his moral shortcomings. It's proof enough to me that their religion is a lie. They want money and power, that's all. Sure they want to run your life according to their so-called morals, but they'll let Trump get away with anything.

Graham is trying his best to control Trump and avoid disaster. There are a few horrendous desicions that he had talked trump out of if you believe bob woodwards book. He think trump is an idiot and wreckless and is trying to cozy up to him to avert a disaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Graham is trying his best to control Trump and avoid disaster. There are a few horrendous desicions that he had talked trump out of if you believe bob woodwards book. He think trump is an idiot and wreckless and is trying to cozy up to him to avert a disaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If Graham thinks he can control Trump then he's learned nothing.

Back
Top Bottom