• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jerry Falwell Jr Goes Nutty in Interview

You left this part out when you mention that "No" answer:

I guess that part didn't conform to you objective, did it?

You also neglected to present any of his other answers to the questions you posted. Why? Were they too reasonable for you?

For example, his answer to the terrorist question:

How does this answer reveal that this man is an immoral charlatan?

Anyway, I've come to expect cherry-picking from you to advance your anti-Trump agenda...you didn't disappoint this time around.

Well at least you know all he's doing is spouting Trump talking points. So good job! Thanks for posting what we all knew before.

Well at least you know all he's doing is spouting Trump talking points. So good job! Thanks for posting what we all knew before.

Do you disagree with his answer about terrorists? Or do you just dismiss it as a "Trump talking point"?

Graham is trying his best to control Trump and avoid disaster. There are a few horrendous desicions that he had talked trump out of if you believe bob woodwards book. He think trump is an idiot and wreckless and is trying to cozy up to him to avert a disaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Anyone who believes that book or bases their opinion on the nonsense in that book is a dumbass who will buy ocean front property in Arizona.

Do you disagree with his answer about terrorists? Or do you just dismiss it as a "Trump talking point"?

It doesn't matter if I agree with all, part, or none of the interview. It was nutty. You trying to find a thing in there to support doesn't change the fact that it was an incoherent mess of self righteous theoretical nonsense that has nothing whatsoever to do with religion.

Anyone who believes that book or bases their opinion on the nonsense in that book is a dumbass who will buy ocean front property in Arizona.

Do you agree with Jerry Falwell Jr that a poor person has never given charity?? B/c if you do, I have an entire religion to sell you.

Which is why this initial exchange is such a lie:

Falwell is part of the Cult of Rushdoony along with almost all of the Evangelicals and 100% of the TV church ladies. They absolutely want a country run by the religious right's theology. Trump appointing fellow travelers to the courts is why they overlook all of his moral shortcomings. It's proof enough to me that their religion is a lie. They want money and power, that's all. Sure they want to run your life according to their so-called morals, but they'll let Trump get away with anything.

Your last sentence nails it. They want the country run on their morals, but they've turned to 1 of the most amoral and unethical persons in the country to run it 'morally'..

It doesn't matter if I agree with all, part, or none of the interview. It was nutty. You trying to find a thing in there to support doesn't change the fact that it was an incoherent mess of self righteous theoretical nonsense that has nothing whatsoever to do with religion.

What is nutty about his answer to the terrorist question?

Do you agree with Jerry Falwell Jr that a poor person has never given charity?? B/c if you do, I have an entire religion to sell you.

I don't know about back in biblical days, but that certainly is true nowadays. It's also true nowadays that poor people don't provide jobs.

But hey...you go right ahead with your spin. I know it makes you feel good.

Oh...and I'm not interested in any religion you have to sell. You can keep your religion for yourself.

My question is why should we expect jr to be any different than his Dbag father?

Your last sentence nails it. They want the country run on their morals, but they've turned to 1 of the most amoral and unethical persons in the country to run it 'morally'..

They are "ends justifies means christians". <- lower case intentional. They're frauds. If Jesus wanted them to take over their host country and legislate the Old Testament, he'd have said so.

They are "ends justifies means christians". <- lower case intentional. They're frauds. If Jesus wanted them to take over their host country and legislate the Old Testament, he'd have said so.

Exactly...the very thought goes against the whole theme of the Bible...God's kingdom by Jesus Christ's rule, which will replace all earthly governments...in God's due time, not man's...Daniel 2:44...

The New York Times had an interesting op-ed today explaining Trump's appeal to evangelical christians.... it's an interesting read.

You also neglected to present any of his other answers to the questions you posted. Why? Were they too reasonable for you?

Anyway, I've come to expect cherry-picking from you to advance your anti-Trump agenda...you didn't disappoint this time around.

Read the book. Seemed sourced and reasonable based on what we know about Trump from the rest of the public record.

I don't know about back in biblical days, but that certainly is true nowadays. It's also true nowadays that poor people don't provide jobs.

But hey...you go right ahead with your spin. I know it makes you feel good.

Oh...and I'm not interested in any religion you have to sell. You can keep your religion for yourself.

I worked with and around poor people for much of my life. Found them very generous, always willing to help others. Visit their homes, I am sure they'll give you a bite or something to drink.

And they spend all of their money, creating jobs.

I'm sure there are still true believers, but most are just mouthing the words. It's mostly about winning the cultural war in this country now. Trump absolutely proves that. You can't get anymore of an un-Christian person then him, yet 80% of the evangelicals are firmly in his corner.

Trump never asked God for forgiveness of his sins. That's about the number 1 no-no in Christianity. But the so called Christians don't care.. Thy love Trump because of the culture wars, and they believe Trump will help them win that war... Christian prophecies mean little to them now.

Wait just a minute--how do you know what Trump or anybody else has said to God or asked of Him?

I think those were some very good questions that revealed his hypocritical nature and proves once and for all that this man is an immoral charlatan who wouldn't know what religion is if you threw the bible in his face. .

LOL, you felt this was not established science? lol

Read the book. Seemed sourced and reasonable based on what we know about Trump from the rest of the public record.

Sourced??? It's all unnamed people. It's nothing but rumors.

I worked with and around poor people for much of my life. Found them very generous, always willing to help others. Visit their homes, I am sure they'll give you a bite or something to drink.

And they spend all of their money, creating jobs.

They are poor people. They have very little money. If they spend it all, it doesn't "create" jobs. At best, it keeps an existing job going.

Seriously. You can't be so stupid that you actually believe the nonsense you spew around here...can you?

Wait just a minute--how do you know what Trump or anybody else has said to God or asked of Him?

Now I realize even though these are DIRECT QUOTES from Trump, and Trump supporters will do all sorts of mental gymnastics to excuse and cover for Trump.. But he flat out said he never asked God for forgiveness.

In January, he told CNN’s Jake Tapper that he doesn’t regret never asking God for forgiveness and doesn’t have much to apologize for.

“I have a great relationship with God. I have a great relationship with the evangelicals,” Trump told Tapper.

“I like to be good. I don’t like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don’t do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad.”

[Why Donald Trump is tearing evangelicals apart]

Christian leaders have been bitterly divided as the Trump campaign has gone on as to whether believers can support someone who says he has never asked for forgiveness from God — a basic aspect of Christian teaching.

"People are so shocked when they find ... out I am Protestant. I am Presbyterian. And I go to church and I love God and I love my church," he said.
Moderator Frank Luntz asked Trump whether he has ever asked God for forgiveness for his actions.

"I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/trump-has-never-sought-forgiveness/index.html

Trump on God: 'I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness'

After months of reflection, Donald Trump says he still doesn't regret his decision not to ask God for forgiveness for his sins.
In an interview on Sunday with CNN, the Republican presidential frontrunner said that he does not regret never asking God for forgiveness, partially because he says he doesn't have much to apologize for.

"I have great relationship with God. I have great relationship with the Evangelicals," Trump said in the interview before pivoting to his poll numbers among Evangelical voters.

"I like to be good. I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don't do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-on-god-i-dont-like-to-have-to-ask-for-forgiveness-2016-1

If Graham thinks he can control Trump then he's learned nothing.
He knows he cant put out the fire but i honestly think hes trying to prevent it from spreading.

He knows he cant put out the fire but i honestly think hes trying to prevent it from spreading.

He's not preventing it from spreading; he's enabling him. He's a Senator with Senator powers, and he can do more than tweet concern, but Republican Senators believe they can weather the storm so as not to attract the wrath of Trump's base. The result is that the chaos is a thousand times worse.

He is another nutty hypocrite talibornagain. How him and his father get any money is beyond me.

He's not preventing it from spreading; he's enabling him. He's a Senator with Senator powers, and he can do more than tweet concern, but Republican Senators believe they can weather the storm so as not to attract the wrath of Trump's base. The result is that the chaos is a thousand times worse.
What could he have done thus far other than what hes done? Im asking sincerely. He has spoken out when required but not sure what other power he has.

Which is why this initial exchange is such a lie:

Falwell is part of the Cult of Rushdoony along with almost all of the Evangelicals and 100% of the TV church ladies. They absolutely want a country run by the religious right's theology.

Yup, over my dead body. If that comes to pass I'll have nothing left to lose and absolutely no reason to hold back.
And I guarantee you there are a lot like me out there. The theocrats are convinced this is all going to go their way but they're in for a rude awakening.

**** Dominionists and the horse they rode in on.

They are poor people. They have very little money. If they spend it all, it doesn't "create" jobs. At best, it keeps an existing job going.

Seriously. You can't be so stupid that you actually believe the nonsense you spew around here...can you?

Yet strangely, even though they have little, they share. It's really quite moving. I suggest you get involved as a volunteer working with poor people so as to learn more. Though as Alinsky said, being poor doesn't automatically make one more noble, there still seems to be a generosity of spirit among those who have suffered that might impress you. Jews are a good example, oppressed for centuries, they have historically been part of the vanguard of social movements to protect and support the non-Jewish oppressed -- which naturally earned them hatred from the forces of reaction.

Back
Top Bottom