• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jeffrey Toobin is back at CNN eight months after exposing himself on Zoom

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/10/medi...n/index.html?utm_source=optzlynewmarketribbon

So CNN saw fit to forgive Toobin and bring him back on board as chief legal analyst.

OK.

I mean, I can totally understand that just because the guy is all about freeing willie on camera that doesn't mean he can't legally analyze. I get it. What I don't get is how Toobin gets treated so much different than guys like Beck and O'Reiley got treated.

You know why.

<> What I don't get is how Toobin gets treated so much different than guys like Beck and O'Reiley got treated.

Weren't you the guy who characterized laws against workplace sexual harassment as devious man traps? Or am I thinking of someone else? If not, that would probably explain your confusion.

Maybe I'm wasting my time on yet another stupid and insincere partisan attack, but there really is quite the Gulf between accidentally exposing oneself on a zoom meeting and specifically targeting individual women with sexual harrasment, which is intentional (and is not at all a devious man-trap, as the person I am thinking of disgustingly suggested).

As for Glenn Beck I'm not sure what that is supposed to have to do with O'Reilly's predatory behavior and your moronically dishonest comparison between O'Reilly and Toobin.

Last edited:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/10/medi...n/index.html?utm_source=optzlynewmarketribbon

So CNN saw fit to forgive Toobin and bring him back on board as chief legal analyst.

OK.

I mean, I can totally understand that just because the guy is all about freeing willie on camera that doesn't mean he can't legally analyze. I get it. What I don't get is how Toobin gets treated so much different than guys like Beck and O'Reiley got treated.
I never heard any accusations against Beck other than being a tarded up conspiracy theorist. Did he sexually assault someone or something?

Weren't you the guy who characterized laws against workplace sexual harassment as devious man traps? Or am I thinking of someone else? If not, that would probably explain your confusion.

With all due respect, payouts to accusers of sexual harassment are par for the course in celebrity circles. There are, believe it or not, women that play games SPECIFICALLY to get a payout. Don't get me wrong, there is also legitimate abuse but it's not all one way or the other. In Toobin's case there is actually video evidence of the incident and, while it likely wasn't intentional, it shows astonishingly poor judgement and a lack of self control comparable to that of a 5 year old.

Toobin said his conduct "was deeply moronic and indefensible." He said "I didn't think other people could see me" but admitted that was no defense.
In the interview, Toobin expressed apologies to his wife and family, to the people who were on the Zoom call that day, and to his colleagues "And I'm sorry to the people who read my work and who watched me on CNN who thought I was a better person than this. And so, you know, I got a lot to rebuild, but I feel very privileged and very lucky that I'm going to be able to try to do that," he said. Toobin said he has spent his "miserable months" off-air "trying to be a better person. He mentioned "therapy;" public service like working a food bank; and a forthcoming book about the Oklahoma City bombing. "I am trying to become the kind of person that people can trust again," he said.

From @Lutherf's link. But somehow, he doesn't get how that's completely different from sexually harassing women and calling them liars when they come forward.

Ok, ok. let's be fair. It's not that Lutherf is incapable of understanding that what Toobin did is nothing like what O'Reilly did. He's just lying.

Again. And again. And again. And again. Annnnd again and...

With all due respect, payouts to accusers of sexual harassment are par for the course in celebrity circles. There are, believe it or not, women that play games SPECIFICALLY to get a payout. Don't get me wrong, there is also legitimate abuse but it's not all one way or the other. In Toobin's case there is actually video evidence of the incident and, while it likely wasn't intentional, it shows astonishingly poor judgement and a lack of self control comparable to that of a 5 year old.

So I was thinking of the right person with the disgusting belief that laws against workplace sexual harassment are devious man traps?

Strange that you think you have anything to say here.

So I was thinking of the right person with the disgusting belief that laws against workplace sexual harassment are devious man traps?

Strange that you think you have anything to say here.
Not "are" man traps but "can be and sometimes are" man traps.

Out of curiosity, do you Toobin when you're gettin' your misquote action on? I think I may have also run across a couple of circle-Toobins on this site here and there.

Toobin said on CNN today, "wasn't thinking very well or very much, and it was something that was inexplicable to me."

So here's a good idea, let's bring him back as a CHIEF legal analyst- CNN

Toobin said on CNN today, "wasn't thinking very well or very much, and it was something that was inexplicable to me."

So here's a good idea, let's bring him back as a CHIEF legal analyst- CNN
In a way it kind of makes sense. Circle Jerk and Cluster**** are both primary methods of running a nation so Toobin may have a hand up on the rest of the crew there.

In a way it kind of makes sense. Circle Jerk and Cluster**** are both primary methods of running a nation so Toobin may have a hand up on the rest of the crew there.
I see what you did there;)

So now CNN wants to be known as the "Jerk Off News Network"

Tobin's big mistake was he thought the camera was off. Wonder what triggered him to do that at that moment, seriously misplaced. Masturbation is not exactly uncommon amongst males....females too for that matter. Having said that, I am surprised they brought him back but he is very, very good at his legal analysis.

Out of curiosity, do you Toobin when you're gettin' your misquote action on? I think I may have also run across a couple of circle-Toobins on this site here and there.

^ A shining example of #3 in my sig.

I hate it when someone leaves video on and doesn't know it. Thankfully, meetings where I work are generally just audio and screen sharing. I'd say that's the way to go. I think that jerking off during a meeting is also pretty rare. Most people just jerk off their egos during meetings by listening to themselves talk when the whole thing could have been an email with an attached power point.

Tobin's big mistake was he thought the camera was off. Wonder what triggered him to do that at that moment, seriously misplaced. Masturbation is not exactly uncommon amongst males....females too for that matter. Having said that, I am surprised they brought him back but he is very, very good at his legal analysis.
No one is that good.....

Yeah. It’s completely normal getting caught punching the clown aka flogging ole shep on camera while coworkers gasp in horror.

OK.

You... don’t see the difference in what Tobin did vs. O’Reilley?

The actual incidence of “man trap” is so low that you should just treat it as the incel myth that it largely is.

Back
Top Bottom