• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jeff Bezos getting divorced

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife, MacKenzie, are divorcing.

The billionaire executive announced the news Wednesday in a tweet signed by both of them. Jeff Bezos, 54, and MacKenzie Bezos, 48, had been married 25 years.

“We want to make people aware of development in our lives. As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separation, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends,” the tweeted statement says.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/09/jeff-bezos-and-wife-mackenzie-are-divorcing-.html

Value of Amazon may become diluted. He no longer will be the richest man in the world and his soon to be ex-wife net worth will rise significantly.

How do you know the results of the agreements?
Just curious.

I do not have any inside information but if this divorce goes to court, Jeff could be in trouble.

Seems to be very amicable. They said if they had known that they would get divorced after 25 years of marriage they would do it all over again.

I do not have any inside information but if this divorce goes to court, Jeff could be in trouble.

Let’s say he didn’t have a prenuptial and his wife gets half the assets. Bezos will drop from being the richest man in the world to being the 5th richest person in the world. I wouldn’t call that “trouble”. To be able to lose half your assets and still be the 5th richest person on the planet is what I call “doing alright”. :)

Basing my math off this https://www.businessinsider.com/richest-people-world-billionaires-list-2017-11#9-sergey-brin-40

To obtain a divorce, it always goes to court. For a judge must sign off on it.

Not if she signed a prenup.

Or takes “ rockets “ over delivery. Remember now. Amazon has never been profitable.

Or takes “ rockets “ over delivery. Remember now. Amazon has never been profitable.
Jeff's net worth is based on stock price, not profits.

Jeff's net worth is based on stock price, not profits.

I never said it wasn’t. Show me just one quarter where Amazon without increasing its debt, earned at least one dollar per share. Just one quarter.

Last time I cared, I showed someone who is on his think tank where he lost three billion..........so then Jeff borrowed seven billion

Expensive divorce...

I just peeked. Quarter ending sept30 3018 he took on 59 million more long term debt, while assets vs liabilities puts him in the hole by the amount of $7,888,000,000

I never said it wasn’t. Show me just one quarter where Amazon without increasing its debt, earned at least one dollar per share. Just one quarter.
Heh, heh.
See post #13.
Read it and weep.

Last time I cared, I showed someone who is on his think tank where he lost three billion..........so then Jeff borrowed seven billion
You wish.

Let’s say he didn’t have a prenuptial and his wife gets half the assets. Bezos will drop from being the richest man in the world to being the 5th richest person in the world. I wouldn’t call that “trouble”. To be able to lose half your assets and still be the 5th richest person on the planet is what I call “doing alright”. :)

Basing my math off this https://www.businessinsider.com/richest-people-world-billionaires-list-2017-11#9-sergey-brin-40

Yeah and if they've been together 25 years and it's an amicable split, he wouldn't leave her high and dry anyway.

Yeah and if they've been together 25 years and it's an amicable split, he wouldn't leave her high and dry anyway.
I wouldn't be so sure.....
It ain't over 'til it's over, and it ain't even close.

I did.
You wish.
Another internet somebody. :lamo
BWAAHAAHAAHAA!
Write down the six line items showing his worth, and subtract the six line items of his liabilities. ( I won’t hold my breath )

Back
Top Bottom