• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jeb Bush Rises to Second Place in New Hampshire Poll

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It's a small, local NH poll but it's the kind of poll I've been touting for some time as being more indicative of what is happening in various States as opposed to what the National polls by large polling companies show.

Jeb Bush Rises To Second Place In New Hampshire Poll

Trump - 35%

Bush - 18%

Kasich - 14%

Could be good news for those, like myself, expecting and hoping that the Republican race starts to get serious and the circus clowns are relegated to the sidelines while the adults choose a competent, respectful, decent nominee for the Presidency of your great country.

The only polls that matter are called elections.

It's a small, local NH poll but it's the kind of poll I've been touting for some time as being more indicative of what is happening in various States as opposed to what the National polls by large polling companies show.

Trump - 35%
Bush - 18%
Kasich - 14%
Could be good news for those, like myself, expecting and hoping that the Republican race starts to get serious and the circus clowns are relegated to the sidelines while the adults choose a competent, respectful, decent nominee for the Presidency of your great country.

:lol: alright dude. :)

From your link: No other New Hampshire polls have shown Bush polling in second place. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Kasich have all held this position in various polls.

Bush is the only candidate with negatives that are as high or higher than Donald Trump. His donors are irritated that he's wasting their money. He needs to stop attacking other possible candidates (which only boosts Trump by dragging down others), and drop out after Iowa/New Hampshire. He gave it the ole college try, and it isn't going to happen.

WSJ Poll.jpg

Real Clear Politics polling has him in 4th place (though it is tight).

Nate Silver's 538 blog also has him in 4th.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen such a well financed and poorly run campaign before.

I don't think I've ever seen such a well financed and poorly run campaign before.

I kinda wonder if he really wanted it, or felt like he sorta had to / was pushed into it.

now that is the fellow we would want directing our nation's treasury

From your link: No other New Hampshire polls have shown Bush polling in second place. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Kasich have all held this position in various polls.

The poll is an outlier. Unless other polls move in that direction, I'd be quite skeptical of its findings.

:lol: alright dude. :)

Bush is the only candidate with negatives that are as high or higher than Donald Trump. His donors are irritated that he's wasting their money. He needs to stop attacking other possible candidates (which only boosts Trump by dragging down others), and drop out after Iowa/New Hampshire. He gave it the ole college try, and it isn't going to happen.

View attachment 67196332

Real Clear Politics polling has him in 4th place (though it is tight).

Nate Silver's 538 blog also has him in 4th.

Mostly national polls, which as I've been saying are basically irrelevant in relation to State primaries. Once the voting starts, the serious participants who actually vote in primaries will start to engage. Right now, the narrative is being driven by the Trump circus and the people who are following him are in it for the entertainment value and to be at and be seen at The Donald's Traveling Medicine Show.

I don't expect Bush to get much of any vote in Iowa, but I expect him to be second, and a strong second in New Hampshire. We'll chat again after NH and see just who among the candidates should be dropping out.

I kinda wonder if he really wanted it, or felt like he sorta had to / was pushed into it.

Sorta like "Well, I'm a Bush so I guess I gotta run huh?"

I think Bush and Hillary both thought they could ride the limo into the White House on the coat tails of someone else. A lot of the donors thought so to. Both were wrong.

Sorta like "Well, I'm a Bush so I guess I gotta run huh?"

I think the donor class thought he was an excellent choice, and he came under a lot of pressure.

The poll is an outlier. Unless other polls move in that direction, I'd be quite skeptical of its findings.

Two points:

1. In most of the local polls, in NH - not the big national polls for the networks or national newspapers, Bush has been solidly in the second group behind Trump, within percentage points of Carson, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, who've all be hovering around the 12% to 8% range.

2. Bush has been running some very effective ads in NH the past month - ask DP members who live there - and they're timed to be effective in the run up to the NH primary.

The poll is an outlier, but NH breaking late is not unusual.

Trump - 35%

Bush - 18%

Kasich - 14%

It could be, and it could be wishful thinking. Right now, it looks like a race between Clinton and Trump.

What I don't understand is why a Canadian is so interested in US elections. Maybe you're hoping for one of your countrymen (Cruz) to become the president of the US (just a joke, nothing to see there....)

Two points:

1. In most of the local polls, in NH - not the big national polls for the networks or national newspapers, Bush has been solidly in the second group behind Trump, within percentage points of Carson, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, who've all be hovering around the 12% to 8% range.

2. Bush has been running some very effective ads in NH the past month - ask DP members who live there - and they're timed to be effective in the run up to the NH primary.

The poll is an outlier, but NH breaking late is not unusual.

The only DP member I know who lives in New Hampshire says that she and a lot of people she knows are voting for Rubio.... who is the candidate that Bush is out there (dishonorably) attacking.

You aren't going to win the White House, Jeb. It's not worth your soul.

She leads in every poll but one, many by a wide margin. Her campaign is doing fine.

For someone essentially handed the nomination and with only one serious contender running against her in the Democrat race her numbers in Iowa and New Hampshire certainly don't look like a wide Clinton advantage. She's poised to lose Iowa and she's going to get drubbed out of the State in NH. Once that sinks in, Clinton will look even more vulnerable than she does now.

only wish her numbers were as bad as jeb!'s

Once the Republican field gets winnowed out, Jeb's numbers will look better. Not hard for Hillary's numbers to be where they're at when she has been considered the only real option for Democrats this time around. The fact someone like Sanders is going to hand her her lunch in Iowa and NH is pretty telling.

It could be, and it could be wishful thinking. Right now, it looks like a race between Clinton and Trump.

What I don't understand is why a Canadian is so interested in US elections. Maybe you're hoping for one of your countrymen (Cruz) to become the president of the US (just a joke, nothing to see there....)

I always find it amusing and somewhat strange that Americans strive to be the largest influence in the world and yet question whenever a non-American comments on that influence. Americans have their fingers in everyone else's business, yet they're insulted or put out if someone outside comments on theirs. Odd.

The only DP member I know who lives in New Hampshire says that she and a lot of people she knows are voting for Rubio.... who is the candidate that Bush is out there (dishonorably) attacking.

You aren't going to win the White House, Jeb. It's not worth your soul.

Yes, TB is voting for Rubio, but that doesn't preclude her from commenting that Bush has been running very effective ads in NH the past month or so, which is all I said.

For someone essentially handed the nomination and with only one serious contender running against her in the Democrat race her numbers in Iowa and New Hampshire certainly don't look like a wide Clinton advantage. She's poised to lose Iowa and she's going to get drubbed out of the State in NH. Once that sinks in, Clinton will look even more vulnerable than she does now.

She'll have the nomination sewed up on March 1st.

I always find it amusing and somewhat strange that Americans strive to be the largest influence in the world and yet question whenever a non-American comments on that influence. Americans have their fingers in everyone else's business, yet they're insulted or put out if someone outside comments on theirs. Odd.

Oh, I don't find it insulting at all, quite the opposite in fact. Yet, a Trump presidency, for example, would have a much bigger impact on the US than it would on Canada, yet people here seem to be OK with it.

Back
Top Bottom