• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jean Charest in the race..

Callen

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I see Charest has thrown his hat in the ring for leader of the Conservative party. I think this is the last chance for the Conservatives to choose to take a path to electability on a national level. They can choose to swing way right with someone like Poilievre and kiss the "prize" goodbye or someone like Charest who will play very well with conservatives in Ontario.....Quebec too I think. I also think a choice like Poiliever would split the party in two again. Then again so may Charest although he sure seems focused on the West.

The left has two main parties, maybe the right will go that way too.

Any thoughts on who will win? Too early?

I see Charest has thrown his hat in the ring for leader of the Conservative party. I think this is the last chance for the Conservatives to choose to take a path to electability on a national level. They can choose to swing way right with someone like Poilievre and kiss the "prize" goodbye or someone like Charest who will play very well with conservatives in Ontario.....Quebec too I think. I also think a choice like Poiliever would split the party in two again. Then again so may Charest although he sure seems focused on the West.

The left has two main parties, maybe the right will go that way too.

Any thoughts on who will win? Too early?
I don't think Charest has much chance of winning but I think he will come second to Pollivere, the moderate wing of the party needs someone to vote for. I think Lewis pretty much ruined any chance she had at winning with her positions on COVID. Pollivere will win, he is representing the angriest faction.

I think he will too. Winning the leadership is one thing, winning nationally is quite another. I think Charest has a shot nationally. I'm a good example. Even as a lifelong Liberal I want Trudeau gone. I could easily vote for someone like Charest but hell would freeze over before I would vote for Poilievre. I think there are a lot of moderate Liberals like me.

Back
Top Bottom