• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jared Kushner interviewed by Jan. 6 committee for over six hours

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I didn't think that Kushner had over 6 hours of anything to say for his entire life.

Rep. Elaine Luria, D-Va., a member of the Jan. 6 committee, told MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace that Kushner “was able to voluntarily provide information to us to verify, substantiate, provide his own take on this different reporting. So it was really valuable for us to have the opportunity to speak to him.”

Asked about Kushner’s planned interview earlier this week, White House communications director Kate Bedingfield said the “White House has decided not to assert executive privilege over the testimony of Jared Kushner,” essentially allowing him to speak about discussions with Trump that would otherwise be considered confidential.

The panel's investigators were also expected to ask Kushner about any dealings he had with Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, in the leadup to Jan. 6.

I don't think he has much to do with Jan 6th honestly
since his dad was in prison (he pleaded guilty to eighteen felony counts of tax fraud, election violations, and witness tampering) i'd say Jared has been the only one covering his tracks completely.

he knows how bad it can be.

I didn't think that Kushner had over 6 hours of anything to say for his entire life.

Rep. Elaine Luria, D-Va., a member of the Jan. 6 committee, told MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace that Kushner “was able to voluntarily provide information to us to verify, substantiate, provide his own take on this different reporting. So it was really valuable for us to have the opportunity to speak to him.”

Asked about Kushner’s planned interview earlier this week, White House communications director Kate Bedingfield said the “White House has decided not to assert executive privilege over the testimony of Jared Kushner,” essentially allowing him to speak about discussions with Trump that would otherwise be considered confidential.

The panel's investigators were also expected to ask Kushner about any dealings he had with Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, in the leadup to Jan. 6.
He's just a meat puppet with no will of his own and only said what the tRump family wanted him to say.

since his dad was in prison (he pleaded guilty to eighteen felony counts of tax fraud, election violations, and witness tampering) i'd say Jared has been the only one covering his tracks completely.

he knows how bad it can be.

Meh...his dad has nothing to do with this. It's irrelevant

Meh...his dad has nothing to do with this. It's irrelevant
he knows what it's like (personally) for a family member to be in prison.

i know if i'd been through that i'd be damn sure to not put myself in a situation where it'd be me in prison.

now, if i worked for trump/was his son in law, well, i'm not sure how i'd do it completely.

Have to wonder what will be leaked from the interview. And who will it be leaked too? NTY or the Washington post?

Didn't his wife beg Trump to call off the mob?
Correct, and that makes me think Ivanka and him might know stuff, but weren't involved.

Correct, and that makes me think Ivanka and him might know stuff, but weren't involved.
Especially if she called him during the missing 7 hours.

Especially if she called him during the missing 7 hours.
While I would love that there is an is there....I am not sure, yet. I know there can be other explanations for the missing logs. He may not have used landlines and used cell instead. Do they log the cell calls? Can they get the records from his cell and others?

While I would love that there is an is there....I am not sure, yet. I know there can be other explanations for the missing logs. He may not have used landlines and used cell instead. Do they log the cell calls? Can they get the records from his cell and others?
They have documented evidence that Trump's call to Mike Lee came over a WH line, not a cell phone. The call is not in the log. Reportedly, there are others. At least, that's what I read.

They have documented evidence that Trump's call to Mike Lee came over a WH line, not a cell phone. The call is not in the log. Reportedly, there are others. At least, that's what I read.
ok, documented evidence? Witness testimony or video? If that is so, they need to explain where those logs are.

ok, documented evidence? Witness testimony or video? If that is so, they need to explain where those logs are.
According to the NY Post:

The gap in the White House records contrasts with public reports of calls made by Trump on that day.

In one instance, Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) revealed that Trump accidentally called him, believing he was reaching out to Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.).

“Moments after the proceedings in the Senate were halted by the Capitol Police, my phone rang,” Lee told Salt Lake Tribune reporter Bryan Schott in a text message. “The caller ID indicated that the call was coming from the White House. I thought it was Robert O’Brien, the president’s national security advisor, calling to update me on a question I had asked him about a security threat from Iran.President Donald Trump had left the White House to address the “Stop the Steal” rally but returned around 1 p.m.Getty Images
“To my great surprise, it was not Robert O’Brien, but President Trump on the other end of the line,” Lee added. The lawmaker went on to recall handing his phone to Tuberville, who spoke with Trump until police ordered the Senate chamber cleared.

The Guardian reports it this way:

The former president called the phone of a Republican senator, Mike Lee, with a number recorded as 202-395-0000, a placeholder number that shows up when a call is incoming from a number of White House department phones, the sources said.
The number corresponds to an official White House phone and the call was placed by Donald Trump himself, which means the call should have been recorded in the internal presidential call log that was turned over to the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack.

I'm guessing the Committee is on this.

You think they might take the Fifth, Clara?

The Jan 6 committee has much in common with the Wizard of Oz.
Question: Why did Republicans block the bipartisan commission and let the Dems do it themselves?

So that low-info utensils can dismiss it as a partisan witch hunt.

Back
Top Bottom