• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jared Kushner interviewed by Jan. 6 committee for over six hours

I didn't think that Kushner had over 6 hours of anything to say for his entire life.

Rep. Elaine Luria, D-Va., a member of the Jan. 6 committee, told MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace that Kushner “was able to voluntarily provide information to us to verify, substantiate, provide his own take on this different reporting. So it was really valuable for us to have the opportunity to speak to him.”

Asked about Kushner’s planned interview earlier this week, White House communications director Kate Bedingfield said the “White House has decided not to assert executive privilege over the testimony of Jared Kushner,” essentially allowing him to speak about discussions with Trump that would otherwise be considered confidential.

The panel's investigators were also expected to ask Kushner about any dealings he had with Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, in the leadup to Jan. 6.
The Kush.. he's goin' down with the rest of the crime family. His dad is a scumbag who went to jail - like father, like son.

Kushner? Probably not. I think that Trump only tolerates him, because he is Ivanka's husband.

That’s obviously not so.

Trump bent over backwards to get Kushner a security clearance. Eventually he had to order it himself, as all of the intelligence agencies rated him as a serious potential nation security risk.

And Trump and his henchmen spent considerable political capital trying to get the Emeraties to take 666 Fifth Ave off of Jared’s hands.

Kushner was smart enough not to be seen around his father in law on Jan 6th.

As for character. I think Donald and Jared are kindred spirits. Fred Trump made his money developing subsidized housing in New York. Jared and his father did the same thing in New Jersey. Jared tried to screw his dad out of the estate. Donald did the same thing.

That’s obviously not so.

Trump bent over backwards to get Kushner a security clearance. Eventually he had to order it himself, as all of the intelligence agencies rated him as a serious potential nation security risk.

And Trump and his henchmen spent considerable political capital trying to get the Emeraties to take 666 Fifth Ave off of Jared’s hands.

As for character. I think Donald and Jared are kindred spirits. Fred Trump made his money developing subsidized housing in New York. Jared and his father did the same thing in New Jersey. Jared tried to screw his dad out of the estate. Donald did the same thing.
Trump doesn't like anyone, except himself. He tolerates everyone around him, because he has some use for them....usually financially related.

If he is voluntarily cooperating im guessing he is going there prepared to throw bombs at the committee.
You know what they say about assuming.

since his dad was in prison (he pleaded guilty to eighteen felony counts of tax fraud, election violations, and witness tampering) i'd say Jared has been the only one covering his tracks completely.

he knows how bad it can be.

I agree with you. Kushner isn't stupid. That's why I think he laid low. I know he did a lot of "things" while working in Daddy in law's administration. But unlike Beavis and Butthead, he didn't have a big mouth.

Trump doesn't like anyone, except himself. He tolerates everyone around him, because he has some use for them....usually financially related.

Well, that’s true.

He has no loyalty to anyone. Not even family members.

And I have no doubt that Jared will try and screw Trump out of whatever is left of his money before it’s all over.

I didn't think that Kushner had over 6 hours of anything to say for his entire life.

Rep. Elaine Luria, D-Va., a member of the Jan. 6 committee, told MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace that Kushner “was able to voluntarily provide information to us to verify, substantiate, provide his own take on this different reporting. So it was really valuable for us to have the opportunity to speak to him.”

Asked about Kushner’s planned interview earlier this week, White House communications director Kate Bedingfield said the “White House has decided not to assert executive privilege over the testimony of Jared Kushner,” essentially allowing him to speak about discussions with Trump that would otherwise be considered confidential.

The panel's investigators were also expected to ask Kushner about any dealings he had with Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, in the leadup to Jan. 6.
Did he ooze in under the door?

I agree with you. Kushner isn't stupid. That's why I think he laid low. I know he did a lot of "things" while working in Daddy in law's administration. But unlike Beavis and Butthead, he didn't have a big mouth.
If my dad had been a crook and had gone to jail for a bunch of financial crimes and witness tampering there's no way I'd make the same mistakes and end up in prison.

UNLESS I was a dumbass or had been brainwashed into doing everything that my dad did. And I don't think that's the case here. I think Jared is smart.

Agreed

I feel that out of all of Trump's family circle, when it comes to DJT's hard push for 1/6, Kushner and even his wife, Ivanka, were the least happy with DJT's involvement, since he lost the election. They are young w/kids who obviously have found themselves wanting to maintain a full and happy life as responsible rich parents. If I were in that position, knowing what a stupid dick daddy was/is, I'd cooperate with the 1/6 Committee just enough to help the committee while also not dropping a ton of bricks on DJT's head making them the sole pair that sends daddy mob boss to prison. If played right, they can tell the truth, to a point, that helps with the investigation allowing all the other witnesses to be the heavies that sinks DJT's criminal boat.

If my dad had been a crook and had gone to jail for a bunch of financial crimes and witness tampering there's no way I'd make the same mistakes and end up in prison.

UNLESS I was a dumbass or had been brainwashed into doing everything that my dad did. And I don't think that's the case here. I think Jared is smart.
It sounds like he was very open, and he answer3ed teh questions.

Back
Top Bottom