• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

January 6th Insurrectionist Gets Beaten in Jail: May Have to Lose an Eye in Surgery

AFrench2

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
He looks pretty happy.

One of the men who tried to instill a dictator and hang Mike Pence on January 6th was savagely and viciously beaten in prison.

I wonder what his opinion is on the current level of accountability for LEOs et al in the US?

Oh shit, that's horrible. He should stand trial for his crimes, but that doesn't mean that vicious prison beatings are deserved. Prisons are notoriously dangerous, it's one of the problems we have with our prison system. Prisoners need to be relatively safe.

The way we treat prisoners in this country is disgusting. Read any article about someone accused and/or convicted of some terrible crime, and the comments section is filled with people fantasizing about what they would do to that person if left alone in a room with him, competing with one another to see who can make the biggest display of callousness and revengeful malice, making "hilarious" jokes about how that person might be raped, and so forth.

You can judge a society based on how it treats its prisoners. Nobody should be cheering this. Nobody should not care. It's not even another prisoner who supposedly did it, but a corrections officer. WTF?

Though if any Trumpists show up here to object, I'd be interested to see how they responded to articles about, say, an illegal alien drug dealing sex trafficker getting beat up in jail.

One of the men who tried to instill a dictator and hang Mike Pence on January 6th was savagely and viciously beaten in prison.
It is truly incredible that we are still holding people in jail for misdemeanors! For months! Talk about throwing civil rights out the window.

The way we treat prisoners in this country is disgusting. Read any article about someone accused and/or convicted of some terrible crime, and the comments section is filled with people fantasizing about what they would do to that person if left alone in a room with him, competing with one another to see who can make the biggest display of callousness and revengeful malice, making "hilarious" jokes about how that person might be raped, and so forth.

You can judge a society based on how it treats its prisoners. Nobody should be cheering this. Nobody should not care. It's not even another prisoner who supposedly did it, but a corrections officer. WTF?

Though if any Trumpists show up here to object, I'd be interested to see how they responded to articles about, say, an illegal alien drug dealing sex trafficker getting beat up in jail.
Eh ...I hear what you're saying....

But a sex trafficker? They usually target kids. They get what they deserve and then some.

Justice is about balance. Did this guy deserve a beating? In the way it was delivered? Probably.

But we don't allow our government to do that, and rightly so. So while I dont exactly pitty the dude, I absolutely hope the guard gets his due.. termination, assault charges, etc.

But a sex trafficker? They usually target kids. They get what they deserve and then some.

Justice is about balance. Did this guy deserve a beating? In the way it was delivered? Probably.
Did you know that your position is against human rights?

It is truly incredible that we are still holding people in jail for misdemeanors! For months! Talk about throwing civil rights out the window.
Did you know that people are held for years without being charged?

i don't support prison "justice." any one of us could be falsely accused of anything and have a string of bad luck that lands us behind bars. what i do support is holding prison upper management responsible for all prison rapes and other physical attacks. by the third or fourth fired warden, i bet that we'd see that shit put to a stop.

Did you know that your position is against human rights?
You seem to have missed the rest of my post. Why? Didn't fit your narrative, lol?

You seem to have missed the rest of my post. Why? Didn't fit your narrative, lol?
I didn't miss what I didn't quote. Human rights are universal (apply to all humans).

I didn't miss what I didn't quote. Human rights are universal (apply to all humans).
Cutting out sections of someone's quote is considered rude, and is typically seen as a dishonest debate tactic utilized when said section omitted disrupts the desired narrative.

In your case, trying to paint me as someone gleefully violating human rights.

In short, either copy the entire post, or don't copy it at all.

When you say that someone, even a person that has committed heinous acts, deserves what they get, you're advocating for their human rights to be violated.

I'm certainly not in favor of beating someone, but it seems prison guards don't like it when you've caused a cop to have a concussion.
Must be a very ignorant prison guard. Maybe the same guy guarding Jeffrey Epstein.

Back
Top Bottom