• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

January 6th hypothetical.....

year2late

IIJAFM
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Instead of breaching the Capitol with the angry and oft violent rhetoric.....

A group not sympathetic to Trump breaches the White House. Do you think the response of security would be different?

Do you think the response from the security SHOULD be vastly different than at the Capitol? (Or SCOTUS for that matter)Why?

A group not sympathetic to Trump breaches the White House. Do you think the response of security would be different?

Do you think the response from the security SHOULD be vastly different than at the Capitol? (Or SCOTUS for that matter)Why?

I'm a little fuzzy on your question. In principle, what are material differences here?

I'm a little fuzzy on your question. In principle, what are material differences here?
Many people are treating the January 6th events like it was a simple protest.

I would like to know if they think a similar sized event breaching the White House would have and should have been treated the same.

I am flabbergasted at the surprise over Ashlii Babbit being shot - I am think a whole lot of insurrectionists are lucky they did not get shot...I think the folks breaching the Capitol should have met up with a lot more deadly force - just as I would expect if the same had been done to the White House?

Quite honestly, they should've been stacking bodies.

If a non-Trumpists stormed the WH, maybe 5% would survive the attempt. If Trumpists breached the WH while Trump was president, he would have have pointed to the Capital and said, "There's your enemy!"

The response from the security SHOULD be the same at the Capitol. I understand the WH is the most protected building in America. We have a backup for our president, the VP who resides and works on the grounds of the Naval Observatory, this keeps him separate from the president as a security measure. There are no backup replacements for our Congress and SCOTUS. We need the same fencing, the same number security personnel, the same number of landmines, pits with Punji sticks, or whatever security measures the WH has for all three branches of our government...

Quite honestly, they should've been stacking bodies.
Not that I want that to happen....but I am surprised it didn't. It was the Capitol being breached.

Back
Top Bottom