• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

January 6 committee has text messages between Ginni Thomas and Mark Meadows

I typically am of the mindset that husbands and wives are separate and should be allowed to hold their own ideals. But when one of the spouses is in the position to craft the legal system of the United States, I get jittery.
I'm in the same place. And, generally speaking, I still don't think Justice Thomas should be held accountable for his wife's actions. I think her texts would definitely demand he recuse himself from certain kinds of cases should they ever come before him, but otherwise, I don't think this should affect his position on the Court.

His wife, on the other hand, definitely needs to provide some honest explanations on just what her role was in all of this. The wife of a Supreme Court Justice sending texts to the White House Chief of Staff may still be free speech, but it can also carry influence and I think Americans have a right to know just how much influence was being exerted. And if that influence was, with or without his knowledge, coming from Justice Thomas position on the Court.

tl:dr version: Let's keep Clarence Thomas and his wife separate for now, but let's make sure it was separate at the time.

Last edited:

Virginia Thomas, a conservative activist married to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, repeatedly pressed White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to pursue unrelenting efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election in a series of urgent text exchanges in the critical weeks after the vote, according to copies of the messages obtained by The Washington Post and CBS News.

The messages – 29 in all – reveal an extraordinary pipeline between Virginia Thomas, who goes by Ginni, and President Donald Trump’s top aide during a period when Trump and his allies were vowing to go to the Supreme Court in an effort to negate the election results.
On Nov. 10, after news organizations had projected Joe Biden the winner based on state vote totals, Thomas wrote to Meadows: “Help This Great President stand firm, Mark!!!...You are the leader, with him, who is standing for America’s constitutional governance at the precipice. The majority knows Biden and the Left is attempting the greatest Heist of our History.”

When Meadows wrote to Thomas on Nov. 24, the White House chief of staff invoked God to describe the effort to overturn the election. “This is a fight of good versus evil,” Meadows wrote. “Evil always looks like the victor until the King of Kings triumphs. Do not grow weary in well doing. The fight continues. I have staked my career on it. Well at least my time in DC on it.”
Thomas replied: “Thank you!! Needed that! This plus a conversation with my best friend just now… I will try to keep holding on. America is worth it!”

The first of the 29 messages between Ginni Thomas and Meadows was sent on Nov. 5, two days after the election. She sent him a link to a YouTube video labeled “TRUMP STING w CIA Director Steve Pieczenik, The Biggest Election Story in History, QFS-BLOCKCHAIN.”

Advertisement

Pieczenik, a former State Department official, is a far-right commentator who has falsely claimed that the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., was a “false-flag” operation to push a gun-control agenda.
The video Thomas shared with Meadows is no longer available on YouTube. But Thomas wrote to Meadows, “I hope this is true; never heard anything like this before, or even a hint of it. Possible???”
“Watermarked ballots in over 12 states have been part of a huge Trump & military white hat sting operation in 12 key battleground states,” she wrote.
During that period, supporters of the QAnon extremist ideology embraced a false theory that Trump had watermarked mail-in ballots so he could track potential fraud. “Watch the water” was a refrain in QAnon circles at the time.

Meadows might not have been Thomas’s only contact inside the Trump White House that week. On Nov. 13, she texted Meadows about her outreach to “Jared,” potentially a reference to Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior White House adviser. She wrote, “Just forwarded to yr gmail an email I sent Jared this am. Sidney Powell & improved coordination now will help the cavalry come and Fraud exposed and America saved.” The messages provided to the House select committee do not show a response by Meadows.
Kushner did not respond to a request for comment.

Virginia Thomas, a conservative activist married to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, repeatedly pressed White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to pursue unrelenting efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election in a series of urgent text exchanges in the critical weeks after the vote, according to copies of the messages obtained by The Washington Post and CBS News.

The messages – 29 in all – reveal an extraordinary pipeline between Virginia Thomas, who goes by Ginni, and President Donald Trump’s top aide during a period when Trump and his allies were vowing to go to the Supreme Court in an effort to negate the election results.
On Nov. 10, after news organizations had projected Joe Biden the winner based on state vote totals, Thomas wrote to Meadows: “Help This Great President stand firm, Mark!!!...You are the leader, with him, who is standing for America’s constitutional governance at the precipice. The majority knows Biden and the Left is attempting the greatest Heist of our History.”

When Meadows wrote to Thomas on Nov. 24, the White House chief of staff invoked God to describe the effort to overturn the election. “This is a fight of good versus evil,” Meadows wrote. “Evil always looks like the victor until the King of Kings triumphs. Do not grow weary in well doing. The fight continues. I have staked my career on it. Well at least my time in DC on it.”
Thomas replied: “Thank you!! Needed that! This plus a conversation with my best friend just now… I will try to keep holding on. America is worth it!”
Very damning. She was neck deep in the coup. Not to mention she's Q Crazy. The story just hit MSNBC. We'll be hearing a lot more about this. Ginny Thomas has been caught.

Very damning. She was neck deep in the coup. Not to mention she's Q Crazy.
Holy shit, you gotta read that whole article!

Also...Connie Hair is Gohmert's press official, she used to be a muckety muck on Free Republic, failed actress, complete swine.

This is too much.

Where are the cultists? Still making up fantasy stories about Hunter's laptop?

Meadows might not have been Thomas’s only contact inside the Trump White House that week. On Nov. 13, she texted Meadows about her outreach to “Jared,” potentially a reference to Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior White House adviser. She wrote, “Just forwarded to yr gmail an email I sent Jared this am. Sidney Powell & improved coordination now will help the cavalry come and Fraud exposed and America saved.” The messages provided to the House select committee do not show a response by Meadows.
Kushner did not respond to a request for comment.
They're all involved in it. Oh, how I hope to be surprised by the DOJ. All these ass wipes need to go to jail.

Holy shit, you gotta read that whole article!

Also...Connie Hair is Gohmert's press official, she used to be a muckety muck on Free Republic, failed actress, complete swine.

This is too much.

Where are the cultists? Still making up fantasy stories about Hunter's laptop?
Wheels are turning. House votes to hold two more Trump WH confidants in contempt. I believe there is much we are not hearing about because of Ukraine. It will all come out eventually.

So, although no context of the content of the messages was given, the only rational assumption is that the texts involved a conspiracy to kill Mike Pence and overthrow the government? I mean, I get the enthusiasm y'all are showing but you might be putting the cart a wee bit before the horse here.

So, although no context of the content of the messages was given, the only rational assumption is that the texts involved a conspiracy to kill Mike Pence and overthrow the government? I mean, I get the enthusiasm y'all are showing but you might be putting the cart a wee bit before the horse here.
Do you think it is proper for the wife of a SC justice to aid and abet the overthrow of the government?

It doesn't really show all that without a reasonable doubt. But it sure shows intent on attempting to overthrow an election and just adds more players. You can't deny that it justifies investigation.

I never had any doubt that anyone in the WH nor Ginny T. was interested in killing Pence. Overthrowing the government is up for discussion. Overturning the official certified results of a presidential election could be in some circles considered overthrowing the government.

Because they sure as hell tried really hard.

A fight of good versus evil.

These people are zealots.

Dangerous zealots

“This is a fight of good versus evil,” Meadows wrote. “Evil always looks like the victor until the King of Kings triumphs."

“This is a fight of good versus evil,” Meadows wrote. “Evil always looks like the victor until the King of Kings triumphs."
These are anti-government, anti-American, Wanna-Be dictators. I don't know what else you can call them except for criminals and idiots.

Do you think it is proper for the wife of a SC justice to aid and abet the overthrow of the government?
No. That being said, I have no indication that any such thing happened.

The first of the 29 messages between Ginni Thomas and Meadows was sent on Nov. 5, two days after the election. She sent him a link to a YouTube video labeled “TRUMP STING w CIA Director Steve Pieczenik, The Biggest Election Story in History, QFS-BLOCKCHAIN.”

Advertisement

Pieczenik, a former State Department official, is a far-right commentator who has falsely claimed that the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., was a “false-flag” operation to push a gun-control agenda.
The video Thomas shared with Meadows is no longer available on YouTube. But Thomas wrote to Meadows, “I hope this is true; never heard anything like this before, or even a hint of it. Possible???”
“Watermarked ballots in over 12 states have been part of a huge Trump & military white hat sting operation in 12 key battleground states,” she wrote.
During that period, supporters of the QAnon extremist ideology embraced a false theory that Trump had watermarked mail-in ballots so he could track potential fraud. “Watch the water” was a refrain in QAnon circles at the time.

She fell for Stevie P's brand of bullshit?

What is it about social media that completely fried the brains of people of a certain generation?

One of the texts

Biden crime family & ballot fraud co-conspirators (elected officials, bureaucrats, social media censorship mongers, fake stream media reporters, etc) are being arrested & detained for ballot fraud right now & over coming days, & will be living in barges off GITMO to face military tribunals for sedition.”

Holy Shit.... a wife of a sitting Supreme Court Justice is a Q-Anon nutbag.

What the ****?

No. That being said, I have no indication that any such thing happened.
Common. Obviously, it didn't happen, or Trump would be in the WH. But they tried, over and over again in many different ways. When it didn't work, it went to the capitol and got violent.

Are you one of those that just believes it was friendly protest that went bad? Was it legitimate political discourse?

Have you ever seen in your lifetime or the history of this country, a president that has acted so childishly after losing an election? No way.

Rut roh......

The House Select Committee investigating the January 6 riot has in its possession more than two dozen text messages between former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, a conservative activist and the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, according to multiple sources familiar with the messages.

These text messages, according to sources, took place between early November 2020 and mid-January 2021. Thomas recently revealed that she attended the pro-Trump rally that preceded the US Capitol attack on January 6, 2021, but says she “played no role” in planning the events of that day.

The content of the text messages may be of interest to the committee’s investigation, because it asked Meadows in a subpoena to turn over “both documents and your deposition testimony regarding these and other matters that are within the scope of the committee’s activity.”

The revelation of text messages between Thomas and Meadows, both key allies of former President Donald Trump, comes as progressives and some legal ethics experts see her activism as a potential conflict of interest for Justice Thomas’ work on some Supreme Court cases.
Maybe AJ Thomas has a stomachache from the angst his wife is causing him...

That would be nice. We'll let you rally the two thirds vote the senate will need to remove him. No different than Trump's impeachment. Republicans could care less if one of their own commits a felony, they will stand behind him anyway.
Imo, he should be impeached for financial disclosure failings over the last 30 years.

Believe me when I say that as more crime news comes out about djt, those that voted against impeachment will come under greater pressure to explain their vote. Not all R congress members are from deep red districts.

It doesn't really show all that without a reasonable doubt. But it sure shows intent on attempting to overthrow an election and just adds more players. You can't deny that it justifies investigation.

I never had any doubt that anyone in the WH nor Ginny T. was interested in killing Pence. Overthrowing the government is up for discussion. Overturning the official certified results of a presidential election could be in some circles considered overthrowing the government.

Because they sure as hell tried really hard.
It doesn't show a damned thing! Even the article notes that Thomas and Meadows have known each other for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom