• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

January 6 committee asks Ivanka Trump to talk with them

Man0in3Black

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

"The House select committee investigating the January 6 riot is asking former President Donald Trump's daughter and then-senior White House adviser Ivanka Trump to voluntary cooperate with its investigation, a major step for the panel closing in on the former President's inner circle.
The panel had previously revealed that it is learning more about Ivanka Trump's interactions with her father on the day of the attack on the US Capitol.
Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, the vice chair of the committee and one of its two Republican members, told ABC News last month that the panel has "firsthand testimony" that during the attack, Ivanka Trump asked her father to intervene.
"We know his daughter -- we have firsthand testimony that his daughter Ivanka went in at least twice to ask him to 'please stop this violence,'" Cheney told ABC News."

Well, here is your next subpeona because you know she isn't going to do this voluntarily

"The House select committee investigating the January 6 riot is asking former President Donald Trump's daughter and then-senior White House adviser Ivanka Trump to voluntary cooperate with its investigation, a major step for the panel closing in on the former President's inner circle.
The panel had previously revealed that it is learning more about Ivanka Trump's interactions with her father on the day of the attack on the US Capitol.
Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, the vice chair of the committee and one of its two Republican members, told ABC News last month that the panel has "firsthand testimony" that during the attack, Ivanka Trump asked her father to intervene.
"We know his daughter -- we have firsthand testimony that his daughter Ivanka went in at least twice to ask him to 'please stop this violence,'" Cheney told ABC News."

Well, here is your next subpeona because you know she isn't going to do this voluntarily

Ivanka is beginning to understand the disadvantages of nepotism.

Once that subpoena is served, we also know what happens next. Daddy says no no.

I do appreciate what K Kellogg testified to the 1/6 Committee.

In sworn testimony to the committee, Kellogg confirmed that the former President told Pence, "You're not tough enough to make the call."

Kellogg also corroborated an account of the phone call where Trump claimed that if Pence did not do what he was asking, he had selected the wrong running mate.

"Mike, it's not right. You can do this. I'm counting on you to do it. If you don't do it, I picked the wrong man four years ago. You're going to wimp out," the transcript of the interview read that Kellogg confirmed.

Confessions of a dictator to his #2. Do it or else. It's the 'it' that brought 1/6 on driven by Individual 1.

Leave Ivanka out of this.

Hey bro. What was that amendment number I need to remember again?

She's just as dirty as her dad. Just prettier.

She might top Allan Weisselberg and her little brother's record of invoking the 5th Am. more than his 500 times since her father said only criminals plead the 5th.

Not that I think it would ever happen, but just imagine if she actually were to find a conscience and grow a pair.
If she did grow a pair, what do you think she would say?

If she did grow a pair, what do you think she would say?

In an imaginary Trump isn't King land....she'd say that she welcomed her dads presidency, she enjoyed her role, she loves her father, but by the time J6 came about, she realized her father no longer cared about anything but THE WIN! He was obsessed with it, and it consumed every breath he took. When she sat there watching the Capitol overrun just after his "gathering on the 6th" she was compelled to reach out to him to stop the madness.

And then she could offer his reaction to her addressing him.

Of course that would all be dependent on how much her and the J are worth outside of daddies pocket. So 🤷‍♂️

In an imaginary Trump isn't King land....she'd say that she welcomed her dads presidency, she enjoyed her role, she loves her father, but by the time J6 came about, she realized her father no longer cared about anything but THE WIN! He was obsessed with it, and it consumed every breath he took. When she sat there watching the Capitol overrun just after his "gathering on the 6th" she was compelled to reach out to him to stop the madness.

And then she could offer his reaction to her addressing him.

Of course that would all be dependent on how much her and the J are worth outside of daddies pocket. So 🤷‍♂️
There is nothing illegal in anything you have said. All you are hoping she will do is make her father look bad, which is what I believe the goal of the Jan6 investigation is. There were no illegal acts committed by the major players. Just a spotlight to trash some Republicans and distract from Biden’s failures.

There is nothing illegal in anything you have said. All you are hoping she will do is make her father look bad, which is what I believe the goal of the Jan6 investigation is. There were no illegal acts committed by the major players. Just a spotlight to trash some Republicans and distract from Biden’s failures.

How about we stay on the topic of my comment and your question? Nowhere did I mention anything about the legal sense of any of this. Breaking the law and morals may mingle now and then, but there are times they aren't black and white. She didn't approach him and say...hey daddy, let's order a pizza! She told him his quest of victory had gone on long enough, and to stop the attack on the Capitol.

How about we stay on the topic of my comment and your question? Nowhere did I mention anything about the legal sense of any of this. Breaking the law and morals may mingle now and then, but there are times they aren't black and white. She didn't approach him and say...hey daddy, let's order a pizza! She told him his quest of victory had gone on long enough, and to stop the attack on the Capitol.
If they are not investigating illegal activity, then the investigation is a farce. You can’t expect for someone‘s daughter to join the farce and trash her father.

If they are not investigating illegal activity, then the investigation is a farce. You can’t expect for someone‘s daughter to join the farce and trash her father.

You have completely moved the goalposts from my original comment. There are factual cases where a child/parent will take the moral route rather than play along just to appease the parent/siblings.

Hillary sat in front of a Committee answering questions for 12 hours. Let's see if Ivanka is half the woman Hillary is, and answers the subpoena.

You have completely moved the goalposts from my original comment. There are factual cases where a child/parent will take the moral route rather than play along just to appease the parent/siblings.
You said you wished she would grow a pair. I assumed you meant for her to provide evidence of illegal activity, since that is the only legitimate reason for an investigation. However, I now realize you meant grow and pair and buy into all the left wing propaganda. So, yes, I also don’t think that will happen.

So, what do we need an attorney general for? Seems as if you have all the legal answers. Sure, I'll go with that.

TheGeek said there were no crimes committed. Disband the committee and everyone goes free.

You said you wished she would grow a pair. I assumed you meant for her to provide evidence of illegal activity, since that is the only legitimate reason for an investigation. However, I now realize you meant grow and pair and buy into all the left wing propaganda. So, yes, I also don’t think that will happen.
Most of us here hope she does the right thing and tells the TRUTH. That's all anyone asks from any of these obstructionists. Until we hear what the truth really is, no one knows if any crimes were committed or not.

But it sure ain't looking good for Rudy right about now. And I'll bet Ivanka knows all about those electors too. Secret WH meetings and the like.

Sorry, but out of the entire Trump family, Ivanka is likely the sharpest of them all. That makes her more culpable than the rest. Just ask the N.Y. AG.

So, what do we need an attorney general for? Seems as if you have all the legal answers. Sure, I'll go with that.

TheGeek said there were no crimes committed. Disband the committee and everyone goes free.

Do you think there will be major arrests? If not, then you agree with me. If so, we will soon find out if you are right…

Most of us here hope she does the right thing and tells the TRUTH. That's all anyone asks from any of these obstructionists. Until we hear what the truth really is, no one knows if any crimes were committed or not.

But it sure ain't looking good for Rudy right about now. And I'll bet Ivanka knows all about those electors too. Secret WH meetings and the like.

Sorry, but out of the entire Trump family, Ivanka is likely the sharpest of them all. That makes her more culpable than the rest. Just ask the N.Y. AG.
Truth about what? How she feels about her father? Her personal conversations with her family? Those things are private. Whatever she says, the Democrats will use against the Republicans during the campaign, relevant to Jan 6 or not. Why would she do that?

Do you think there will be major arrests? If not, then you agree with me. If so, we will soon find out if you are right…

Truth about what? How she feels about her father? Her personal conversations with her family? Those things are private. Whatever she says, the Democrats will use against the Republicans during the campaign, relevant to Jan 6 or not. Why would she do that?

I'd be surprised if that family shares any personal feelings. The guy let his brother die alone. He went to a movie.

Back
Top Bottom