• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan Brewer's Opening Statement for the Gubernatorial Debate...OMG, It's a Train Wreck

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Is she running for class president, in junior high?

Re: Jan Brewer's Opening Statement for the Gubernatorial Debate...OMG, It's a Train W

Oh wow, she is speechless in front of local reporters after the debate.

Re: Jan Brewer's Opening Statement for the Gubernatorial Debate...OMG, It's a Train W

YouTube - The Obama Stutter
Can we compare Obama to some class president in school now?

YouTube - The Obama Stutter
Can we compare Obama to some class president in school now?

:rofl How does the Obama compilation video ameliorate Gov. Brewer's performance at the debate last night or her running away from the reporters?

Brewer is a terrible speaker, always has been and always will. As for the beheadings, it was kind of a partisan football in Arizona for a while. Many right leaning individuals believed the governer at her word while left leaning people didn't, and that became part of a wider illegal immigration and border debate. I didn't get too involved in it, but as far as I know there's no police report or really any other source other than Brewer that people have been beheaded out in the desert. So as far as I can tell its made up or just hearsay.

She was horrendous...unfortunately a lot of really stupid people vote.

I just heard on the Alan Colmes radio program that the Democrats has turned her performance at the debate into an ad.

All they did was proclaim she failed because the Democrat Senator says so (and pointed out a slight stutter). Jan Brewer is a fighter, she has illegal immigration right and most Americans believe the same. It's all proclamation of "she's stupid" with no content. Typical political demonizing.

All they did was proclaim she failed because the Democrat Senator says so (and pointed out a slight stutter). Jan Brewer is a fighter, she has illegal immigration right and most Americans believe the same. It's all proclamation of "she's stupid" with no content. Typical political demonizing.

SB1070 is all hat and no cattle, it will do NOTHING to protect the borders. It's a political game she is playing.

SB1070 is all hat and no cattle, it will do NOTHING to protect the borders. It's a political game she is playing.

She is forced to play it because the Obama administration won't do their job and enforce immigration laws. SV1070 would have been much better if Obama didn't file suit against it and whine like a child. FYI, she is winning the political game, as the majority sides with her on the issue.

I don't know anything about her, never heard her speak before, nothing.

All I have to say is, I've been there so I can sympathize. Who here *hasn't* lost their train of thought at one time or another? And who the hell knows what someone was saying to her in an earpiece she had in.

Anywho, this one blunder - while unfortunate and embarrassing - shouldn't be a career ending issue. Everyone's been there, everyone should sympathize.

If this all the Dem's got to try to bring her down, she'll do just fine. She was on Fox this morning and said "I had a brain freeze. It was very embarrassing, but hey it happens, and that is that." (Paraphrased of course) So who cares? If she does this OFTEN, then it's a concern, one time?

At least she has the humility to admit the error. People make mistakes and have brain farts. But not everyone is willing to own up, admit, or even acknowledge them. What has Obama said about his blunders or his excessive telepromter use?

All you had to do is watch 30 seconds of her to realize that the woman has zero in the brains department.

Being in AZ, I watched the debate. Jan B. is not the most eligant speaker. However, I was disappointed in the debate for Terry and Jan for not answering questions directly. It was shift blame, and dodge. Terry did speak better than Jan. For once I wish a moderator of a debate would hound a canidate to answer the question rather than come up with spin. If we had time, I would want to see a new group of canidates for office.

All you had to do is watch 30 seconds of her to realize that the woman has zero in the brains department.

We know dd, anyone whom would dare espouse "conservative ideals" to you, has "Zero in the Brains Department".

We had 8 years of sporadic brain freeze with GWB, and the world did not come to an end.
Jay Leno did have to double his joke writing staff, tho, once GWB left office.

We had 8 years of sporadic brain freeze with GWB, and the world did not come to an end.
Jay Leno did have to double his joke writing staff, tho, once GWB left office.

That's understandable..... with Barry and Joe there are twice as many **** ups to make jokes about.

We know dd, anyone whom would dare espouse "conservative ideals" to you, has "Zero in the Brains Department".

Not true at all. I have great respect for Barry Goldwater and his philosophies. I could even support Mitt Romney as long as he indicates that he would not cowtow to the radical right's social agenda.

Not true at all. I have great respect for Barry Goldwater and his philosophies. I could even support Mitt Romney as long as he indicates that he would not cowtow to the radical right's social agenda.

Uh huh, and because people like YOU would "support" him, I note you failed to say vote, interesting, is more reason not to select him.

Please let her run with Para Salin in 2012.

Uh huh, and because people like YOU would "support" him, I note you failed to say vote, interesting, is more reason not to select him.

Actually there is a good chance that I would vote for Romney. It would require however, that he return to the Romney that was the Governor of Mass...and not the Romney that started to pander to the right wing. If Romney gave some assurances that he would govern as a fiscal conservative and a social moderate, I would definitely vote for him.
However, I will never even consider voting for a radical right-wing Republican that has an Big Government agenda to advance the evangelical right-wing social agenda.

Last edited:

Actually there is a good chance that I would vote for Romney. It would require however, that he return to the Romney that was the Governor of Mass...and not the Romney that started to pander to the right wing. If Romney gave some assurances that he would govern as a fiscal conservative and a social moderate, I would definitely vote for him.
However, I will never even consider voting for a radical right-wing Republican that has an Big Government agenda to advance the evangelical right-wing social agenda.

Romney NEVER governed as a Fiscal Conservative... why would you think he'd suddenly change? Also, if he cannot appeal to his base voters, those that believe in social values you abhor, how can he get nominated?

Is she running for class president, in junior high?

I guess pro-illegals running a ad criticizing her for signing SB1070 and how Obama was right to have his AG sue Arizona would metaphorically signed their political death warrants in the polls, so they have to resort to commenting on how she speaks. You are aware that trying to paint a politician as a idiot based on how he or she speaks didn't work with Bush,especially since Bush was a national guard officer, graduated from a prestigious university, was governor of Texas and president of the US.

I guess pro-illegals running a ad criticizing her for signing SB1070 and how Obama was right to have his AG sue Arizona would metaphorically signed their political death warrants in the polls, so they have to resort to commenting on how she speaks. You are aware that trying to paint a politician as a idiot based on how he or she speaks didn't work with Bush,especially since Bush was a national guard officer, graduated from a prestigious university, was governor of Texas and president of the US.

When you see a moron on the street corner babbling nonsense do you give him the benefit of the doubt that he is just having a "brain freeze".

I think this is more revealing at what a low intelligent and many time a group of aging brains we have running our government.

Back
Top Bottom