• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan Brewer's Opening Statement for the Gubernatorial Debate...OMG, It's a Train Wreck

Re: Jan Brewer's Opening Statement for the Gubernatorial Debate...OMG, It's a Train W

I guess pro-illegals running a ad criticizing her for signing SB1070 and how Obama was right to have his AG sue Arizona would metaphorically signed their political death warrants in the polls, so they have to resort to commenting on how she speaks. You are aware that trying to paint a politician as a idiot based on how he or she speaks didn't work with Bush,especially since Bush was a national guard officer, graduated from a prestigious university, was governor of Texas and president of the US.

What do the polls have anything to do with the price of tea from China? Defenders of President Bush and Bush himself have constantly said do the right thing and don't worry about the polls. Has this all changed since President Obama been elected? Please explain how even if SB1070 were fully immplimenteed, it would protect the borders?

Re: Jan Brewer's Opening Statement for the Gubernatorial Debate...OMG, It's a Train W

When you see a moron on the street corner babbling nonsense do you give him the benefit of the doubt that he is just having a "brain freeze".
How is this even related? Jan Brewer is not some random person on the street. If political offices were assigned to random people then you might have a point.

What do the polls have anything to do with the price of tea from China?

Just pointing out that some lame ass attempt by proillegals to label the woman a idiot based on speech patterns will not work. So this has very much to do with the price of tea in China.

Why is "what does that have to do with the price of tea in china" even a good expression to denote something unrelated when China is the largest exporter of tea? The price of tea in china would affect us so it is a horrible expression to use in a debate.

Please explain how even if SB1070 were fully immplimenteed, it would protect the borders?

If you were an illegal would you go to Arizona or would you go to California? I think you would not cross the border to get into Arizona. It deters illegals many of whom who commit crimes other than illegal immigration.

Last edited:

If you were an illegal would you go to Arizona or would you go to California? I think you would not cross the border to get into Arizona. It deters illegals many of whom who commit crimes other than illegal immigration.
It's against the law to murder, rape and steal, but it doesn't stop the activity, the law only gives out penalties for breaking the law. For lawbreakers SB1070 will do NOTHING, it will not protect the borders, no way, no how.

How is this even related? Jan Brewer is not some random person on the street. If political offices were assigned to random people then you might have a point.

Because so many are ready to dismiss her inability to respond to questioning as a "Brain Freeze". So when they see someone babbling unintelligible do they simply dismiss it as probably a "brain freeze".

It's against the law to murder, rape and steal, but it doesn't stop the activity, the law only gives out penalties for breaking the law. For lawbreakers SB1070 will do NOTHING, it will not protect the borders, no way, no how.

So there would be no reason for illegals to go somewhere else instead of Arizona if SB1070 was fully implemented? If that's then case then why are pro-illegals so adamantly opposed to the new Arizona law? Seeing how this does deter illegal immigration and many of these illegals commit crimes other than illegal immigration it does help protect the Arizona/Mexico border. Because instead of someone sneaking into the US from the Arizona/Mexican border they are going to do it from elsewhere. Arizona did not enact this law for the whole entire country as you are trying to make it seem. They enacted it for Arizona.

Last edited:

Because so many are ready to dismiss her inability to respond to questioning as a "Brain Freeze". So when they see someone babbling unintelligible do they simply dismiss it as probably a "brain freeze".

The person on street babbling is not in politics so yes people would assume that some random stranger that no one knows anything about is just babbling or perhaps an idiot. Its a futile attempt to call someone an idiot if they hold a political office because that person did have to be intelligent enough to get people to vote for him or her.Yes she got her position because of Arizona line of succession laws, but she did have to run for Arizona secretary of state like she also had to run for other political offices as well.

I knew that if I read far enough into this joke of a thread, I'd see something like this:

I guess pro-illegals running a ad criticizing her for signing SB1070 and how Obama was right to have his AG sue Arizona would metaphorically signed their political death warrants in the polls, so they have to resort to commenting on how she speaks.

Pot, meet kettle -- because, of course, anyone opposed to SB 1070 is pro-illegal. :lol:

That ad and posts like this are symptoms of what's wrong with American politics today.

Pot, meet kettle -- because, of course, anyone opposed to SB 1070 is pro-illegal. :lol:

Who opposes SB1070 other than pro-illegals and illegals? I do not see numbersusa, minutemen or any other anti-illegal immigration group speaking out against this law. Nor do I hear Tom Tancredo or any other politician who is against illegal immigration speaking out against this law. Has Joe Arpaio the best Sheriff in America spoke out against this law? I could be wrong, maybe you have some quotes by these people that no one has seen. Maybe there is a forum thread on these people opposing sb1070 that I have just not seen yet.

Is there any quotes from La Raza, southern poverty law center or any other pro-illegals group supporting SB1070 instead of screaming the the blatant lie that SB1070 allows for racial discrimination? I could be wrong. Hell could have frozen over(not Hell, Grand Cayman, Hell, Arizona, Hell,Michigan , or Hell a village in Lånke, Stjørdal, Norway ).

Last edited:

Who opposes SB1070 other than pro-illegals and illegals? I do not see numbersusa, minutemen or any other anti-illegal immigration group speaking out against this law. Nor do I hear Tom Tancredo or any other politician who is against illegal immigration speaking out against this law. Has Joe Arpaio the best Sheriff in America spoke out against this law? I could be wrong, maybe you have some quotes by these people that no one has seen. Maybe there is a forum thread on these people opposing sb1070 that I have just not seen yet.

Right, just like certain pundits insist that only terrorists or terrorist sympathizers oppose the PATRIOT Act. :lol:

I happen to think that, on the one hand, immigration enforcement is strictly the domain of the Federal government, and that on the other hand the Federal government has been asleep at the wheel.

That doesn't give Arizona the right to take matters into their own hands.

Romney NEVER governed as a Fiscal Conservative... why would you think he'd suddenly change? Also, if he cannot appeal to his base voters, those that believe in social values you abhor, how can he get nominated?

That's not true. Much of Romney's history displays his fiscal conservatism. He is incredibly intelligent and has a proven history of turning failures into success.

The second part of your post displays the biggest problem in politics today. It exists on both sides of the spectrum. When the base controls the party to such an extreme. I think it requires people in the party to get active and get a common sense brain. If you want to have a nominee that can win in a general election, they have to appeal to more than the base. That is where I am torn....as a Democrat, I would love nothing more for the GOP to nominate a nutjob like Palin or Gingrich because although the base loves them, they are generally disliked by most of the electorate and that would ensure another Obama term. However, if the economy continues to stumble I would like to have a real alternative in 2012. In such a situation, I WOULD vote for Romney, however, like I said, he would have to distance himself from the Big Government radical right-wing social agenda, which I doubt that he has the spine to do.
Only time will tell.

Right, just like certain pundits insist that only terrorists or terrorist sympathizers oppose the PATRIOT Act. :lol:.

So you have no quotes by these people opposing the law?

I happen to think that, on the one hand, immigration enforcement is strictly the domain of the Federal government, and that on the other hand the Federal government has been asleep at the wheel.

That doesn't give Arizona the right to take matters into their own hands

The "its only the feds job to handle illegal immigration" is pro-illegals speak. That's one of the oldest tactics of pro-illegals. Which is to pretend you want illegal immigration stopped while claiming its only a fed issue regardless of the the fact its the states that pick up the tab for illegal immigration. Pro-illegals use this tactic only because they know the federal government is not doing anything about illegal immigration except for making it worse.

SB1070 is all hat and no cattle, it will do NOTHING to protect the borders. It's a political game she is playing.

Maybe Im mistaken but the Arizona law, passed not by Governer Brewer but by the Arizona Legislature and supported by over 70% of its people (some of them LEGAL hispanics) is not designed to 'protect the border'. It is designed to identify individuals in Arizona illegally and to arrest them and turn them over to ICE. You know...like ICE spent BILLIONS of dollars in TRAINING the states law enforcement personnel to actually DO.

Is there any quotes from La Raza, southern poverty law center or any other pro-illegals group supporting SB1070 instead of screaming the the blatant lie that SB1070 allows for racial discrimination? I could be wrong. Hell could have frozen over(not Hell, Grand Cayman, Hell, Arizona, Hell,Michigan , or Hell a village in Lånke, Stjørdal, Norway ).

Im betting you arent 'wrong'. Im also betting that MOST and thats a CAPITALIZED AND BOLDED MOST people that are opposed to the Arizona law are mindless blind ideologues that havent READ the law, just like the president and AG hadnt and only speak AGAINST it because they are good little muppets and speak out against 1-anything conservatives support and 2-anything their leader TELLS them to.

Never mind the FACT that the law SPECIFICALLY identifies and makes illegal racial profiling...and never mind that these horribly 'racist' tactics are the same onesemployed by federal INS agents or that the federal government spent BILLIONS training state law enforcment personnel on how to enforce federal immigration laws...

Mindless muppets. And it shows in their response. The fact is democrats dont want ANY enforcement of illegal immigration because they count on the minority votes to keep them in power...so they absolutely **** on the law of the land to get what they want.

I knew that if I read far enough into this joke of a thread, I'd see something like this:

That ad and posts like this are symptoms of what's wrong with American politics today.

Ive YET to meet ANYONE that opposes the Arizona law that can justify WHY...especially in light of the fact that 1-INS agents are ALLOWED to profile. 2-The state law SPECIFICALLY bans profilling, and 3-The federal government has ALREADY ENDORSED state enforcement of illegal immigration and has spent BILLIONS training state law enfrocement agencies to do justy that.

Sooooooo...yeah...kinda pro-illegal...

So you have no quotes by these people opposing the law?

When did I ever say I did, and why would I care if they did or if they didn't? They didn't figure anywhere into my argument.

The "its only the feds job to handle illegal immigration" is pro-illegals speak.

Senator McCarthy, is that YUO?! :lol:

That's one of the oldest tactics of pro-illegals. Which is to pretend you want illegal immigration stopped while claiming its only a fed issue regardless of the the fact its the states that pick up the tab for illegal immigration. Pro-illegals use this tactic only because they know the federal government is not doing anything about illegal immigration except for making it worse.

Well, I'm not a "pro-illegal." I just happen to believe in the separation of powers.

I do not want individual states regulating the borders or policing citizenship any more than I want Texas having a navy simply because it's on the Gulf. :lol:

When did I ever say I did, and why would I care if they did or if they didn't? They didn't figure anywhere into my argument.

So in other words there are no illegal immigration opponents that oppose sb1070

Senator McCarthy, is that YUO?! :lol:

Well, I'm not a "pro-illegal." I just happen to believe in the separation of powers.

I do not want individual states regulating the borders or policing citizenship any more than I want Texas having a navy simply because it's on the Gulf. :lol:

Claiming its not the states job is just a bull **** pro-illegal excuse to oppose states from stopping illegal immigration. It is a states job because it is the states and the citizens of those states that pick up the tab when an illegal goes to school, when an illegal sends their kids to school, when an illegal goes to jail or prison for a crime other than illegal immigration, when an illegal gets on welfare, when an illegal causes an American to be out of a job and that American goes on welfare, When an American whose wages are artificially lowered due to illegals has to get on assistance programs, When an illegal steals someone's identity, when an illegal sends that money to his home in another country and many other things. The only reason pro-illegals use the "its only the feds job to handle it" is because they know the feds are not handling it. If the feds were cracking down on illegals and the traitors who hire them you and other pro-illegals would be complaining.

Last edited:

26 law enforcement officers trained by ICE to enforce immigration law

Apparently the federal government disagrees with you...

Much like state and local law enforcement would get involved in the instance of say...arresting a bank robber...the fed seems to think STATE law enforcement is an invaluable component if INS enforcement. Unless of course...it is no longer CONVENIENT...

Right, just like certain pundits insist that only terrorists or terrorist sympathizers oppose the PATRIOT Act. :lol:

That doesn't give Arizona the right to take matters into their own hands.
How about you taking mattes into your own hands if the police can't get out to your house immediately? If law enforcement can't or won't act, you have no choice but to protect yourself. Can we sue or prosecute you for shooting an intruder, because it wasn't your JOB to do so?

So in other words there are no illegal immigration opponents that oppose sb1070

No, in other words I don't care enough about whether there are or aren't to do any sort of research.

Claiming its not the states job is just a bull **** pro-illegal excuse to oppose states from stopping illegal immigration.

No, it's an entirely Constitutional argument.

It is a states job because it is the states and the citizens of those states that pick up the tab when an illegal goes to school, when an illegal sends their kids to school, when an illegal goes to jail or prison for a crime other than illegal immigration, when an illegal gets on welfare, when an illegal causes an American to be out of a job and that American goes on welfare, When an American whose wages are artificially lowered due to illegals has to get on assistance programs, When an illegal steals someone's identity, when an illegal sends that money to his home in another country and many other things.

I'm not getting into this because I don't know enough to comment.

The only reason pro-illegals use the "its only the feds job to handle it" is because they know the feds are not handling it. If the feds were cracking down on illegals and the traitors who hire them you and other pro-illegals would be complaining.

I've already made it plain that I want the Feds to deal with the situation.

You can stop lying any time now.

Jan Brewer was never elected governor, and, now we know why. Perhaps, she should spend more time learning to speak in public and less time chasing headless bodies in the desert.

26 law enforcement officers trained by ICE to enforce immigration law

Apparently the federal government disagrees with you...

Much like state and local law enforcement would get involved in the instance of say...arresting a bank robber...the fed seems to think STATE law enforcement is an invaluable component if INS enforcement. Unless of course...it is no longer CONVENIENT...

So what if the Federal government disagrees with me? Since when did that render any argument around here invalid? :lol:

Oh, wait, when it reinforces your point. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

How about you taking mattes into your own hands if the police can't get out to your house immediately? If law enforcement can't or won't act, you have no choice but to protect yourself. Can we sue or prosecute you for shooting an intruder, because it wasn't your JOB to do so?

You actually can, but self-defense is an affirmative defense, and no prosecutor worth their salt is going to spend their time going after someone with a clearly demonstrable affirmative defense.

Jan Brewer was never elected governor, and, now we know why. Perhaps, she should spend more time learning to speak in public and less time chasing headless bodies in the desert.

I don't buy this argument.

Patterson wasn't elected governor of New York, but that doesn't mean he can't do the job. It just means he got it because it was vacated.

Back
Top Bottom