• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6th criminals don't like the conditions of.................jail

What is up with this trend around here of starting threads based on Twitter posts by crazed and often dishonest people like this flipkowski loon?

If I wanted to fight with those twitter kooks I would post there.

This is the same propagandist who started the false rumor that DeSantis spent $12M to transport those people to Martha's Vineyard.

What is up with this trend around here of starting threads based on Twitter posts by crazed and often dishonest people like this flipkowski loon?

This is the same propagandist who started the false rumor that DeSantis spent $12M to transport those people to Martha's Vineyard.

Flipowski's comment on the petition is irrelevant. You're not claiming the petition is fake, are you?

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, these people were the 'useful idiots' who attacked our democracy and posed a terrible danger. On the other, there's a tragedy, they weren't robbing people, they were fools taken advantage of who thought they were sacrificing for the country's benefit, fighting a stolen election. I hate to see them go through this even while I also celebrate it for countering the attack on democracy.

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, these people were the 'useful idiots' who attacked our democracy and posed a terrible danger. On the other, there's a tragedy, they weren't robbing people, they were fools taken advantage of who thought they were sacrificing for the country's benefit, fighting a stolen election. I hate to see them go through this even while I also celebrate it for countering the attack on democracy.

The romanticism of political "direct action" leaves me cold. Threats of violence against the people's elected representatives is qualitatively worse than stealing or vandalism of private property. If we excuse it as a romantic gesture, the crowd will be even bigger next time there's an election result the right (or even the left) don't like. And they will mostly be armed, instead of just a few of them.

Can't seem to find this corroborated anywhere so I'm gonna go ahead and suggest it's probably fake.

The romanticism of political "direct action" leaves me cold. Threats of violence against the people's elected representatives is qualitatively worse than stealing or vandalism of private property. If we excuse it as a romantic gesture, the crowd will be even bigger next time there's an election result the right (or even the left) don't like. And they will mostly be armed, instead of just a few of them.

Hear! Hear! (y)

No. I'm not kidding.

You've got a guy in North Dakota that ran over an 18 year old kid because he was a Republican and ADMITTED that was his rationale for the crime and that guy is out on bond. Meanwhile you've got all these 1/6 trespassers that have been in jail for coming up on 2 years without even a trial yet. Talk about a two tiered system.

You lot are predictable, if nothing else. God forbid people who haven't even been convicted yet be treated humanely.

Judge Royce Lamberth said that the conditions in the jail were “deplorable” and “beyond belief,” and ordered that defendant Christopher Worrell be transferred immediately to a different jail, and released on home detention as soon as possible to start chemotherapy.....

The Marshals Service is moving 400 prisoners out of a section of the DC Jail after discovering horrible conditions in the jail, like water being shutoff in many cells for several days, clogged toilets and an inmate who had been pepper sprayed and was unable to wash the spray off for days, leading to an infection....

The report also said that “water to cells is routinely shut off for punitive reasons” with many cells being “shut off for days, inhibiting detainees from drinking water, washing hands, or flushing toilets.” The Marshals also found poor entrance screening procedures to the jail and improper food service, with meals “served cold and congealed.”

Looks like most of you support fascism after all, political prisoners don't deserve a damn thing, right?

I don't form my opinions based on things I read from Twitter.

A mixture of financial opportunists, proud boy/paramilitary types, and regular dumb people. Did I forget anyone?

We can see that. You form your opinions from things you said yourself!

You lot are predictable, if nothing else. God forbid people who haven't even been convicted yet be treated humanely.

Looks like most of you support fascism after all, political prisoners don't deserve a damn thing, right?

They should be treated just like any other criminals. If the delay for a crime of burglary in DC is 2 years, then they should get neither more nor less.

That said, no accused anywhere should have to wait for more than 8 months, and if they do a Not Guilty finding should be returned automatically, so they can't be charged with the same crime again. But you try telling States anything and then come back to us.

Since the right to a "speedy" trial is in the 6th amendment, imposing it on the states should be possible. However, "speedy" is not defined.

They should put their energy into something productive like prison/ jail reform instead. It would even be in their own interest.

It was $16 million .........

Can't seem to find this corroborated anywhere so I'm gonna go ahead and suggest it's probably fake.

It was filed in the Nichols case..

You are welcome to read the letter as it was filed in court…

You've got a guy in North Dakota that ran over an 18 year old kid because he was a Republican and ADMITTED that was his rationale for the crime and that guy is out on bond. Meanwhile you've got all these 1/6 trespassers that have been in jail for coming up on 2 years without even a trial yet. Talk about a two tiered system.

LOL.. So you piss and moan about the THOUSANDS of other defendants in federal detention? Why not? Why are you “outraged” that these assholes are getting the same justice as thousands of others get every year?

Give them a choice....... send them to a low level detention center if they will agree to pay rent, food and laundry expenses for their stay. Only if they agree to electronic bank account withdraw plus pay a 180 day deposit renewed every 6 months.

Taxpayers should not get billed for those exercising their right to live under Fascism.

Or give up USA citizenship then ship to Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea

Drop them off at an airport like DeSantis did to 50 immigrants.

Last edited:

But you have NO problem with the thousands of other defendants being held in these same facilities…. Where you complaint about jail conditions 5 years ago? 10 years ago?

Back
Top Bottom