• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

I would say your wrong. For instance the first rioter indicted was for "obstructing congressional proceedings" in which he was sentenced to 8 months in prison. A far cry from terrorism.
Shows exactly how far off reality the exaggerations and hyperbole are.

You fear the values of some random dude on an internet chatroom. Does it keep you up at night?
Some people would know what I said implies to "people" but I can explain it for those who don't, no problem.
What scares me is the portion of this country that feel their values come out of Trumps pie hole.

Some people would know what I said implies to "people" but I can explain it for those who don't, no problem.
What scares me is the portion of this country that feel their values come out of Trumps pie hole.
Do your values come out of Biden's "pie hole?"

This guy?
No, although I do recall that. Maybe it wasn't 60 Minutes, it was a while back. Now that I think of it I think it may have been someone in the DOJ trying to clarify this person remarks on 60 Minutes buy can't be sure. It was a DOJ person and the reason given was that although the evidence supported the charge it was a much more difficult thing to prove so Garland decided on Obstruction of Congress was the charge that would most likely guarantee a conviction and it bears a similar penalty. My Post 1071 bears that out. This is just about as much effort I am willing to expend on informing those who will not inform themselves.

No, although I do recall that. Maybe it wasn't 60 Minutes, it was a while back. Now that I think of it I think it may have been someone in the DOJ trying to clarify this person remarks on 60 Minutes buy can't be sure. It was a DOJ person and the reason given was that although the evidence supported the charge it was a much more difficult thing to prove so Garland decided on Obstruction of Congress was the charge that would most likely guarantee a conviction and it bears a similar penalty. My Post 1071 bears that out. This is just about as much effort I am willing to expend on informing those who will not inform themselves.
Backatcha. Have a nice day

And the fact that in the investigation and prosecution of over 500 defendants, the prosecutors have chosen not to charge a single person with "insurrection" or "sedition" shows your use of those legal terms is simply hyperbolic partisanship and not based in the law. Just saying.
😆 Hypocritical, lying horse shit.

You called the event an insurrection.
It was an insurrection - a violent uprising against authority. It was not a coup. We had insurrections all summer long in every major city. But, for the obvious reasons, they were not called what they were - insurrections.

Prove it.
At the risk of taking some a possibly un-provable, I will contribute this to the discussion (thuogh I've posted it before in this thead):

Here is a seasoned Federal Prosecutor, and his take on the situation is that there's no case for terrorism, nor sedition, but a case for misdemeanors.
The office of the United States attorney for the District of Columbia has a “Sedition Task Force” focused on the January 6 riot . . . but it doesn’t have a sedition case.​
Federal prosecutors haven’t charged any terrorism offenses, but, as a rationale for denying one defendant bail, they are trying to convince a skeptical federal judge that by damaging a doorway in forcing her way into the Capitol — a crime often treated as a misdemeanor, and for which the maximum sentence is just ten years — she committed a “crime of terrorism.”​
Let’s be real. With due respect to Attorney General Merrick Garland, the Capitol melee is by no stretch of the imagination the greatest threat to our democracy in living memory. It is not 9/11. It is not the Boston Marathon bombing. Indeed, the June 14, 2017, Washington baseball field shooting spree, in which a radical leftist tried to mass-murder much of the Republican congressional delegation, bore more hallmarks of a terrorist attack — albeit one that, like the deadly Black Lives Matter riots of last summer, the media-Democrat complex always remembers to forget.​
What the Capitol Riot Prosecutions Tell Us
The rioters will be punished appropriately, but not punished as if they were terrorists who were trying to overthrow the United States government.​
By ANDREW C. MCCARTHY, June 12, 2021​
Disruption of congress should also be on the table, because in reality it was certainly that.

When it comes to federal law, McCarthy has much more credibility than politically motivated exaggeration and hyperbolic claims. Sorry, but he just simply does.

"Inciting or conspiring to foment a violent attack on the United States Congress is not within the scope of employment of a Representative - or any federal employee" - US DOJ. It is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
And that means anyone including the main asshole. The DOJ will protect no one as this progresses.

The Civil War
Well, maybe your hopes for a civil war, or the fact that the black officers were called the N word more times than they could count brought you to this guess.

But nope. Not the war against states. The right to hold a slave isn't comparable to the right to pretend our new president stole the election from the old one. There was no war, just an attack by those who planned to interrupt the process of our election and reinstate their choice, overriding the vote.

Disruption of congress should also be on the table, because in reality it was certainly that.
It is and over 200 have been charged with it thus far....maximum sentence 20 years! See post 1071.

😆 Hypocritical, lying horse shit.

You called the event an insurrection.
Yep in dictionary terms. Not citing the criminal statute 18 U.S.C. like you were doing.

Well, maybe your hopes for a civil war, or the fact that the black officers were called the N word more times than they could count brought you to this guess.

But nope. Not the war against states. The right to hold a slave isn't comparable to the right to pretend our new president stole the election from the old one. There was no war, just an attack by those who planned to interrupt the process of our election and reinstate their choice, overriding the vote.
??? You better get with the program. All your leaders, from Biden on down claim it was the worst attack in American History since the Civil war.

I suppose that would only matter if your opinion did.
That we don’t give a shit about each other’s opinions is a given and has no bearing on the factual point I made, that posting ignorant shit, as you often do, erodes others confidence in your credibility.

Like Russia Russia Russia? That ignorance and false narrative seems indelibly entrenched in the psyche of the left.
Yeah...the left wasn't the one that led a violent assault against Congress in an attempt to interrupt and halt the recording of the EC Votes in order to overturn the results of a free and fair election, all sold to them on false narratives and lies of a "stolen election". That was your side.

So get out of here with your pathetic whataboutism, it pales in comparison to the actions of those right-wing nutters and the danger posed by Trump to the Republic and American democracy.

It looked like his post was saying the charge of obstructing Congressional proceedings is a far cry from a charge of terrorism.

Not only that, I'm not seeing the terror demonstrated here. Simply being in Congress when your not allowed does not equate to terrorism.

Yep in dictionary terms. Not citing the criminal statute 18 U.S.C. like you were doing.
I’m not sure if the above is the most idiotic defense you’ve attempted to cover for flip flopping on a previous assertion, but it’s a doozy.

I’m not sure if the above is the most idiotic defense you’ve attempted to cover for flip flopping on a previous assertion, but it’s a doozy.
No flip flopping at all. It was an insurrection. As were all 500 + of the riots last summer. But none of them met the legal definition of insurrection as you implied by citing 18 U.S.C. Which is why no one calls them insurrections. And why only hyperbolic partisans call January 6th an insurrection.

Yeah...the left wasn't the one that led a violent assault against Congress in an attempt to interrupt and halt the recording of the EC Votes in order to overturn the results of a free and fair election, all sold to them on false narratives and lies of a "stolen election". That was your side.

So get out of here with your pathetic whataboutism, it pales in comparison to the actions of those right-wing nutters and the danger posed by Trump to the Republic and American democracy.
Really? You don't think Russia Russia Russia was an ignorant and false narrative that was intended to overturn the results of a free and fair election? Really?

Yawn...I still await actual charges. Lucky the court of public opinion cannot be an actual justice system.
Logical comment for someone not posting in a political debate forum.

Stupid comment in a political debate forum.

Logical comment for someone not posting in a political debate forum.

Stupid comment in a political debate forum.

We could spend decades on the times we talk about the issues in which those people don't comment on them in a political forum.

Really? You don't think Russia Russia Russia was an ignorant and false narrative that was intended to overturn the results of a free and fair election? Really?
Nope, it certainly wasn't an armed mob rushing Congress, nor could it have installed Hillary, nor was it meant to install Hillary. Unlike the 1/6 Sedition. Take your partisan propaganda tripe and get out of here. Come back when you can engage with some sliver of intellectually honest arguments.

Nope, it certainly wasn't an armed mob rushing Congress

No it wasn't. But it certainly was an ignorant and false narrative that was intended to overturn the results of a free and fair election, like you claimed January 6th was.

Back
Top Bottom