• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

Yeah. Donald Trump has told lies.
Has Joe Biden shown symptoms of dementia?
Joe Biden's people didn't storm the Capitol. I guess you can't stay on topic, you know, since doing so would force you to admit that the crowd on your side is the scum of the earth.

I refer to post #834 as to how many of those charged in those riots are being withdrawn
I won't bother responding to most you posted because I do not want to give air time to the predictable deflection and ridiculous equivalations. However, I think it is pretty reasonable to see a fair number of dismissed charges and probation-type penalties given those arrested were arrested on the spot during chaotic rioting and some may not have warranted it. On the other hand, no rioters, or very few, were arrested during the events of the 6th. Most were arrested AFTER a thorough investigation by the FBI so it stands to reason they would less likely to have charges dismissed.

CNN is about to start coverage of the Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching?
Maybe this thread can be a place to voice our collective thoughts.
I'm sure all the lefties will be watching in their endless attempts to bring down a president who isn't even president anymore.

Almost Half of Federal Cases Against Portland Rioters Have ...

Apr 15, 2021 — Many charges arising from the Capitol riot have been more serious, ... 2021, print edition as 'Many Portland Riot Cases Dropped.'.​

Charges dropped against 37 people arrested during Atlanta ...

Jan 8, 2021 — Charges have been dismissed in 37 cases against people who participated in Atlanta protests last summer, authorities said Friday.​

Dimond: Why most arrested rioters will not be prosecuted

Jun 28, 2021 — Perhaps you've heard about charges being dropped against most of last summer's George Floyd protestors. Prosecutors from Oregon to New York ...​

Portland protests: Feds quietly dismiss dozens of cases | kgw ...

Mar 2, 2021 — Some of the most serious charges dropped include four defendants charged ... talk coming from the U.S. Department of Justice last summer.​

We clearly have a bifurcated justice system, where differing justice standards ally depending on your politics. This is not how this is supposed to work.
not sure how you think this contradicted anything i said? There have been tens of thousands of arrests related to the 2020 riots. You can not demonstrate in any way that justice standards are applied differently based on political affiliation.

Almost Half of Federal Cases Against Portland Rioters Have ...

Apr 15, 2021 — Many charges arising from the Capitol riot have been more serious, ... 2021, print edition as 'Many Portland Riot Cases Dropped.'.

Charges dropped against 37 people arrested during Atlanta ...

Jan 8, 2021 — Charges have been dismissed in 37 cases against people who participated in Atlanta protests last summer, authorities said Friday.

Dimond: Why most arrested rioters will not be prosecuted

Jun 28, 2021 — Perhaps you've heard about charges being dropped against most of last summer's George Floyd protestors. Prosecutors from Oregon to New York ...

Portland protests: Feds quietly dismiss dozens of cases | kgw ...

Mar 2, 2021 — Some of the most serious charges dropped include four defendants charged ... talk coming from the U.S. Department of Justice last summer.

We clearly have a bifurcated justice system, where differing justice standards ally depending on your politics. This is not how this is supposed to work.
Just for the record, the insurrection isn't acceptable because blm riots last summer. Anybody who has been arrested and will be arrested can't plead "blm riots last summer." If you are arrested for any crime, "blm riots last summer" will not keep you out of prison.

not sure how you think this contradicted anything i said? There have been tens of thousands of arrests related to the 2020 riots. You can not demonstrate in any way that justice standards are applied differently based on political affiliation.
So why are so many being charges being withdrawn? It sure looks like bifurcated justice.

That effort will find whatever that effort will, and present it. It'll be considered and decided by the appropriate people in charge to do so. 🤷‍♂️
This has been my position for all the legal election challenges raised. They will achieve whatever they will achieve, or not.

Wasn't 'domestic terror attack'. There you go again, exaggerating and spewing hyperbole.
The office of the United States attorney for the District of Columbia has a “Sedition Task Force” focused on the January 6 riot . . . but it doesn’t have a sedition case.​
Federal prosecutors haven’t charged any terrorism offenses, but, as a rationale for denying one defendant bail, they are trying to convince a skeptical federal judge that by damaging a doorway in forcing her way into the Capitol — a crime often treated as a misdemeanor, and for which the maximum sentence is just ten years — she committed a “crime of terrorism.”​
Let’s be real. With due respect to Attorney General Merrick Garland, the Capitol melee is by no stretch of the imagination the greatest threat to our democracy in living memory. It is not 9/11. It is not the Boston Marathon bombing. Indeed, the June 14, 2017, Washington baseball field shooting spree, in which a radical leftist tried to mass-murder much of the Republican congressional delegation, bore more hallmarks of a terrorist attack — albeit one that, like the deadly Black Lives Matter riots of last summer, the media-Democrat complex always remembers to forget.​
What the Capitol Riot Prosecutions Tell Us
The rioters will be punished appropriately, but not punished as if they were terrorists who were trying to overthrow the United States government.​
By ANDREW C. MCCARTHY, June 12, 2021​
McCarthy simply has far more credibility as per the applicable laws than you. Sorry.

Saddest thing is that you've taken to exaggeration and hyperbole, as if on cue, as if directed by someone. Doesn't make that exaggeration and hyperbole anymore accurate.

McCarthy is about to get a wake up call from this investigation, and therefore, so will you. Hm....should I go with what you say, or the police officer who was involved, and is giving his testimony? Who would be more familiar with the law? You can't just say, we are the Law and Order party, and have it stand true. We can tell it's b.s.

You mean, like the COVID vaccine?
Now what about Joe Biden and dementia?
I have seen no sign of dementia. I have seen him stumble or control his shudder quite remarkedly for a public speaker. Another myth to demoralize the opposition and believed by those who don’t listen to his coherent speeches because they repeat what the are told by pundits.
Trump’s massive lies are why he’s not allowed on social media. His hate mongering is not missed.

So why are so many being charges being withdrawn? It sure looks like bifurcated justice.
I explained why in post 903. One simply as to apply some critical thinking to the difference in the manner, timing and investigation that went into the charges.

McCarthy is about to get a wake up call from this investigation, and therefore, so will you. Hm....should I go with what you say, or the police officer who was involved, and is giving his testimony? Who would be more familiar with the law? You can't just say, we are the Law and Order party, and have it stand true. We can tell it's b.s.

I rather doubt that. I think the best response to that testimony was posted by @Lutherf: in the other thread:
. . . .
I did listen to some of it as I was driving and the cop testimony was compelling. That should be the case when you hand pick your witnesses and don't allow anyone to call their own witnesses. Today's hearing was a straight up propaganda hit. It was a play to emotion, blatantly biased and done with the agenda to smear the GOP. The one thing it was NOT about, at least today, was finding out why it happened and how it can be prevented in the future.
Yep. This sums up that testimony pretty well.

Well, this morning I realized both Fox News and Newsmax were showing it so my TV got turned off. When I was checking those channels earlier, some police office was talking about racism in America. I certainly thought that an off topic and odd topic for this venue, but I was only there for a few seconds as I was checking channels. Maybe he got back to business later.
I can't help but wonder if many regular Fox News and Newmax viewers have also chosen not to waste any time on this and if they'll, thus, get back to regular programming VERY soon. I'm quite certain Fox News will not want their ratings to resemble those of CNN - so I'm thinking these networks will soon regroup if a big portion of their viewers are opting out of this circus. I'll check back in later today to see.
I did read this is the first time in history a House Speaker has refused the Minority Leader's assignments - so Nancy breaking norms again. Her most memorable moment of all time, for me, was her childish tearing up of the SOTU speech. I wonder if that was a first in history too?
Would you prefer to remain totally uninformed?

The right says defend the blue til they are the ones who are guilty, then it is blame the blue. Such hypocrites. As if they were the ones who were abused by the police.

Subpoenas are coming soon.
Agreed. But I do not think they will be dialed up to 11 on a 10 scale which the 24/7 news channels are foaming at the mouth about. "What about Donald...what about Donald".

What about shutting up you 24/7 news talking head fools.

IMO, the Select Committee will want to explore what the hell happened with regard to preparation before 1/6. I have said it several times in this forum, USCP are prepared to carry grandma's on sit-down hallway protests out the doors for arrest and giving directions to tourists. THAT is about it. That is why I am in part so impressed with their heroism on 1/6. The cavalry did arrive in the form of MDCP. I seriously doubt USCP would have held on their own. Should USPC be capable of holding on their own or even beating back an attack?

The Select Committee needs to allow DOJ to sift through cases, especially the conspiracy cases and generate a few flippers in that process.

I would say that they should be able to hold for a reasonable period of time and even beat back an attack. But they are a long way from that now. So there needs to be a thorough examination of why Intelligence did not flow or was ignored, why it took so long to generate support for USCP on 1/6, how to improve USCP and how to generate more timely support for USCP. These are more topics that do not interest the Radicalized GOP other than how they might guide them toward Nancy Pelosi. However she is entirely irrelevant to these issues of USCP preparedness no matter how much Jim Jordan says otherwise. No wonder he got his dumb ass booted by Pelosi. The GOP has been entirely soft on upgrading Capital security since 1/6 which is about as alarming as anything else that has happened since that date. Notice I said, alarming......not surprising. Its not surprising behavior for the GOP, not any longer.

The Committee will get to the seditionists that instigated, incited and supported this Insurrection in due time. They left too obvious a trail of bread crumbs which is of course why the GOP got everything it wanted in an Independent Commission and then blocked that!!!!! They bet that they could avoid all fact finding inquiry if they could get past the creation of an Independent Commission. That was a bad bet that will not age will. They thought Pelosi was bluffing. WHOOPS!!!

Last edited:
Agreed. But I do not think they will be dialed up to 11 on a 10 scale which the 24/7 news channels are foaming at the mouth about. "What about Donald...what about Donald".

What about shutting up you 24/7 news talking head fools.

IMO, the Select Committee will want to explore what the hell happened with regard to preparation before 1/6. I have said it several times in this forum, USCP are prepared to carry grandma's on sit-down hallway protests out the doors for arrest and giving directions to tourists. THAT is about it. That is why I am in part so impressed with their heroism on 1/6. The cavalry did arrive in the form of MDCP. I seriously doubt USCP would have held on their own. Should USPC be capable of holding on their own or even beating back an attack?

I would say that they should be able to hold for a reasonable period of time and even beat back an attack. But they are a long way from that now. So there needs to be a thorough examination of why Intelligence did not flow or was ignored, why it took so long to generate support for USCP on 1/6, how to improve USCP and how to generate more timely support for USCP. These are more topics that do not interest the Radicalized GOP other than how they might guide them toward Nancy Pelosi. However she is entirely irrelevant to these issues of USCP preparedness no matter how much Jim Jordan says otherwise. No wonder he got his dumb ass booted by Pelosi. The GOP has been entirely soft on upgrading Capital security since 1/6 which is about as alarming as anything else that has happened since that date. Notice I said, alarming......not surprising. Its not surprising behavior for the GOP, not any longer.

The Committee will get to the seditionists that instigated, incited and supported this Insurrection in due time. They left too obvious a trail of bread crumbs which is of course why the GOP got everything it wanted in an Independent Commission and then blocked that!!!!! They bet that they could avoid all fact finding inquiry if they could get past the creation of an Independent Commission. That was a bad bet that will not age will. They thought Pelosi was bluffing. WHOOPS!!!
I too think they will want the more pertinent information and the most expedient to start. It could drag on for years with the more controversial witnesses fighting the subpoenas.

I saw video of the Trump supporters yelling “**** the blue” during the insurrection.

sounds like they don’t care about the police.

Again, what you saw was a very small group of people compared to the whole of 74 million Trump voters. Were those people scumbags? Yes.

I know the left would like to pretend that everyone who voted for Trump detests the police, but how can they prove it?

There were no antifa (boogyman of the right) at the rally that breached the Capitol and wanted to hang Mike Pence. Those were angry Trump worshippers who didn't like the outcome of an election. A bunch of American hating losers who hate democracy and the Constitution.
Exactly!

Again, what you saw was a very small group of people compared to the whole of 74 million Trump voters. Were those people scumbags? Yes.

I know the left would like to pretend that everyone who voted for Trump detests the police, but how can they prove it?
GOP lawmakers voted in by GOP voters sure don't think much of the police. Their mouthpieces, like Faux News and OAN sure don't think much of the police.

so nice to hear you are receptive to actual policies and don’t have a totally closed mind.

Honestly, I can't even believe you are trying to equate Biden with even a thought of orderly immigration but I'll leave you and the dwindling number of Americans who are okay with what the disaster (as most view it) the border and illegal immigration has become - to your praise. For Biden, it's what he invited and wanted but we'll see next November if voters like his "immigration" plan.

There is a silver lining here.

For all of you people who are not trying to explain away the insurrection or cover for the insurrectionists or change the subject just think about how much better Americans you guys are.
And think about how much better our country would be, if we were all patriotic adults who cared about all of our fellow-Americans. We could be thriving, instead we're being slowly killed by a hateful cancer from within, the right wing scum.

Honestly, I can't even believe you are trying to equate Biden with even a thought of orderly immigration but I'll leave you and the dwindling number of Americans who are okay with what the disaster (as most view it) the border and illegal immigration has become - to your praise. For Biden, it's what he invited and wanted but we'll see next November if voters like his "immigration" plan.
The dwindling number of Americans belongs to the minority party in US.
Of course you wouldn’t read it. Maybe I should send it to Tucker? He can tell you what it says.

Back
Top Bottom