• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

this is today's most common tactic. just attack the investigation/people that are involved in it.

i keep saying this but mob lawyers did this stuff (and i'm sure still do) in the past. they'd attack witnesses, prosecutors, detectives, cops, judges, etc. and sometimes they'd intimidate jurors (which i guess we don't have to worry about in this situation).
Need I remind you that all the Democrats attacked Jordan and Banks before they had a chance to sit at the table. I guess reputations only matter when it suits the democratic side of the aisle.

Events outside your partisan squabbling seem to be moving on!

I do hope this is the first of many.

I think the only ones watching this are liberals who gleefully do their little girl shudders when some whimpering politician tells them how scary it was that day.

An especially good day for Kleenex 'special soft' and a fleece blankie.

It was a riot, not an insurrection. Exaggerated hyperbole of what actually happened for political motivations is still partisan political propaganda.
You are dismissed with cause.
The actions of an unknown (at least, to the public) number of the crazy ass, violent Trumpsters involved do appear to fit the legal description of insurrectionists. Seditionists too.
C6924450-0633-46CE-ACF6-EFEF484E28E4.jpeg

AB1705E0-0B23-4B2C-B333-EEF12FFFCAC5.jpeg

I'll be watching. I don't much care for Cheney but have always liked Kinszinger. I wish Pelosi hadn't put Schiff on the Committee, I know that he has insight into the intelligence community but I think he fuels the notion this is simply all about Trump when it is not. .....which is not to say he won't be part of investigation. He will be, and rightly so, but Schiff has baggage that isn't helpful.

Is this the "baggage" you are talking about?

schiffhero.jpg

I don't think trump supporters have any idea of how much the rest of america is disgusted with them. The party in the white house normally loses seats in the house the next midterm election. My guess, history will not follow its normal path this midterm as republicans lose seats in the house. Their antics are finally starting to catch up to the cult of trump and the gop will suffer for it. These hearings, more of trump's power players being indicted and his time in court has yet to start. What's not to love about the cult of trump and the gop?

You probably need to take a good look at how the rest of America is seeing things go down hill under the Biden administration.
The majority does not like the direction the country is going under Biden, and he's only been in office, what? ---5-6 months? The Biden admin. has lost close to 20 points.

But doesn't it speak to Pelosi's judgment?
He IS the chair of the Intelligence Committee. I suppose that might have had something to do with it, although I wish she hadn't put him on it either. He's not only going to (probably) run his mouth making the whole committee sound like obsessed nutters, it's also one more piece of ammunition for the Republican critics.

i was speaking of your oath in the Military (as were you).

you might be the only person i've ever met that didn't what to say what it was.
Oh, I just remembered: I actually took two oaths: I took one when I enlisted and another when I was commissioned!

And you still have none. 😭

He IS the chair of the Intelligence Committee. I suppose that might have had something to do with it, although I wish she hadn't put him on it either. He's not only going to (probably) run his mouth making the whole committee sound like obsessed nutters, it's also one more piece of ammunition for the Republican critics.
Then Jordan would have done no more damage by your own standard.

You probably need to take a good look at how the rest of America is seeing things go down hill under the Biden administration.
The majority does not like the direction the country is going under Biden, and he's only been in office, what? ---5-6 months? The Biden admin. has lost close to 20 points.
Do you see what I mean about how democrats view Trump supporters? They clump them in with the idiots that stormed the Capitol even though the majority of Trump supporters are disgusted by what they did.

Do you see what I mean about how democrats view Trump supporters? They clump them in with the idiots that stormed the Capitol even though the majority of Trump supporters are disgusted by what they did.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Oh, I just remembered: I actually took two oaths: I took one when I enlisted and another when I was commissioned!

And you still have none. 😭
and what were those oaths?

Playing politics with the investigation is exactly what Pelosi and the Democrats are doing with it. So it most certainly is not a search for truth and facts, it is a search for materials, invented or not, with which to smear anyone from the GOP. It is political Kabuki theater.

Just another political circus; Schiff-show.

Need I remind you that all the Democrats attacked Jordan and Banks before they had a chance to sit at the table. I guess reputations only matter when it suits the democratic side of the aisle.
Or maybe what we say matters.

If you had listened to his testimony you would have known it was absolutely in context and was concerning the many racist slurs and insults that were hurled at him that day. I know this is what we are going to get a lot of, comments and opinions of those who didn't watch it but gleaned their "thoughts" from snippets . Tuckers' show tonight ought to be a beut!

I'm sure he'll appreciate the ratings. Be sure and tune in...

Of course. The corrupt politicos, lacking ethics, have to paint all as stormers in order to win elections.

Trump highest number wasn’t not even this high as Biden’s lowest. Put things into perspective, we are begging people to get vaccinated for the good of the country and a lot of those unvaccinated are not getting one because they believe in Trump not science.

Back
Top Bottom