• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 Panel Questions Trump Cabinet Members on 25th Amendment Talks

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I think the next phase of public hearings are going to be must-watch. I expect a few of his Cabinet thought he was truly bonkers and as such a danger to the country.

WASHINGTON — The House select committee scrutinizing the Jan. 6 attack has used the August congressional recess to gather more evidence as it prepares to resume public hearings next month, dispatching investigators to Europe and digging deeper into discussions by former President Donald J. Trump’s cabinet after the riot about removing him from office.
Link

I think the next phase of public hearings are going to be must-watch. I expect a few of his Cabinet thought he was truly bonkers and as such a danger to the country.

Link
If there was any doubt about this being a dog and pony show, this news should dispel them.

But, of course, it won't. Trump haters and useful idiots don't EVER give up.

If there was any doubt about this being a dog and pony show, this news should dispel them.

I suspect you don't understand the historical meaning of that phrase, since it more aptly applies to the Trump/Putin relationship.

Link
Well, if they DIDN'T think Trump was extremely unfit for the office, then THEY are bonkers..........

I don't think Trump haterz understand how the 25th amendment works.

It's actually harder to remove a sitting president under the 25A than it is to remove by impeachment.

To impeach a president, you only need a majority of the House and 2/3rds of the Senate. But to remove under the 25A, you need 2/3rds of BOTH houses of Congress AND a the VP AND majority of the Cabinet

I suspect you don't understand the historical meaning of that phrase, since it more aptly applies to the Trump/Putin relationship.
I don't care about whatever you think the "historical meaning" of the phrase is. For me, the term means people who blindly believe bullshit are useful to the people who are spreading the bullshit.

Liz Cheney is a useful idiot IMO.

Link

They've been hearing from even more people. They made a statement saying there are new witnesses and evidence. Floodgates.

There's a connection to recent events. NARA knew last spring that social media and other digital formats might be lost in violation of the PRA. The committee is asking NARA to share what it has learned. They want to see communications around Dec 19 2020 and on January 5th and 6th. Similar to the question of deleted phones among the secret service, destruction of evidence may have occurred.

If you mean they continue to trot out Trump's lapdogs to hear them bark, then yeah, it's a show.

Of course, every last cabinet member could come out and say they saw Trump commit crimes and it wouldn't matter to you one bit. Trump's "best people" would all be total liars in your eyes.

If you mean they continue to trot out Trump's lapdogs to hear them bark, then yeah, it's a show.
No, I mean how they'll trot out people to talk about things that have absolutely nothing to do with 1/6...just because they can spin it into something against Trump.

You know...like trying to subpoena Kari Lake.

Link

They should have invoked the 25th as soon as Donnie announced the Jan 6. rally.

I truly believe that he did it solely for provoking chaos and violence before he slinked away in his limo. The people around him must have known this also.

Link
Imagine the left talking 25th Amendment without mentioning the fool that currently holds office.

Back
Top Bottom