• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 Committee was correct to postpone the hearing.

Don't need to. The media will tell me what nonsense they've pushed.
Did you catch the part that nearly every one of the sworn witnesses have been Republican members of Trump’s administration? Some of the most senior members, with routine, daily even, interactions with Trump? None of whom had anything to gain, and much to lose speaking publicly, under oath, about their interactions with Traitor Trump and events they witnessed?

Of course, you don’t dare acknowledge the fact that those that actually know Traitor Trump, unlike you, are telling the ugly, treacherous truth about the worst president in our country’s history because they care about America, not the anti-American MAGAt movement.

Did you catch the part that nearly every one of the sworn witnesses have been Republican members of Trump’s administration? Some of the most senior members, with routine, daily even, interactions with Trump? None of whom had anything to gain, and much to lose speaking publicly, under oath, about their interactions with Traitor Trump and events they witnessed?

Of course, you don’t dare acknowledge the fact that those that actually know Traitor Trump, unlike you, are telling the ugly, treacherous truth about the worst president in our country’s history because they care about America, not the anti-American MAGAt movement.
All Trump voters as well.

All Trump voters as well.
I’m not sure about the cops that were beaten by Trumpsters on 1/6 and gave sworn statements to the committee, but yeah, certainly all of the Trump administration appointees.

Actually, I'm wondering if you refuse to see it because the second hand experience through the media lens insulates you from the human expression, inference, gestures and emotion that gives it the credibility that just might be bothersome.

Logic right?
The media uses video.

Wrong again, election denier! 😄
View attachment 67415826
“The eight hearings averaged 13 million viewers. The first one, which also occurred in prime time, drew about 20 million viewers. The Nielsen data only include the audience on TV. Total viewership would be higher when factoring in people who watched the sessions online.

Nearly all the major news channels pre-empted regular prime-time programming to air Thursday’s hearing. Like the first session, Fox Corp. chose to air the event on its less-popular Fox Business channel, while Fox News stuck with its regular prime-time lineup of opinion hosts like Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity.”
Ummm...

My comment wasn't talking about past dog and pony show presentations.

yawn...

Now you are boring me. There have been multiple threads on the past public shows. This thread is talking about one that hasn't been presented yet.

You are dismissed.

The media uses video.
I know, I'm saying short clips of the parts they wanted you to see exclude hours of human interaction. I was surprised by Rusty Bowers. The inflection and tenor of his words were convincing. Hearing him from the beginning to the end describe a change in his understanding and a development in his own personal contact was something the media couldn't contain in excerpts.
I'm saying it's an insulated way of interpretation.
I know
We've all seen a post here with a claim we didn't believe. Often someone posts a link to a source. Their interpretation of the source is not enough for me. I want to read the source myself, and sometimes that's in its entirety. I wanted to see almost every minute of the hearings because I wanted to be sure I know what the media reports left out. I want to go to the source, as close as I can , and get the full story for myself.

Ummm...

My comment wasn't talking about past dog and pony show presentations.
Your wrong assertion was that nobody would be listening if the January 6 Select Committee went ahead with it’s hearing on Wednesday.

My post corrected yours by pointing out how tens of millions of Americans have made time/arrangements to watch, and be factually informed by the hearings.

Hurricane or no, many millions of Americans would still have tuned in on Wednesday.

Your wrong assertion was that nobody would be listening if the January 6 Select Committee went ahead with it’s hearing on Wednesday.

My post corrected yours by pointing out how tens of millions of Americans have made time/arrangements to watch, and be factually informed by the hearings.

Hurricane or no, many millions of Americans would still have tuned in on Wednesday.
Evidently, the dog and pony show disagrees with you.

Wrong again, election denier! 😄
View attachment 67415826
“The eight hearings averaged 13 million viewers. The first one, which also occurred in prime time, drew about 20 million viewers. The Nielsen data only include the audience on TV. Total viewership would be higher when factoring in people who watched the sessions online.

Nearly all the major news channels pre-empted regular prime-time programming to air Thursday’s hearing. Like the first session, Fox Corp. chose to air the event on its less-popular Fox Business channel, while Fox News stuck with its regular prime-time lineup of opinion hosts like Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity.”

Congrats! 4 percent of the population watched the hearings.

Congrats! 4 percent of the population watched the hearings.
13,000,000 Americans averaged over all of the 1/6 hearings so far, watching the live broadcasts (no doubt, many more watched recordings) might not be as many as watched the actual historic, violent attack against our constitutional federal republic by a mob of crazy Trumpsters on January 6th, 2021, but it’s still a helluva lot of folks that want to know how the worst betrayal of our Constitution in over 150 years was organized by various anti-American/constitutional pieces of shit and set in motion by the words of the fat, orange piece of shit, Trump. 👍

Back
Top Bottom