• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 Committee was correct to postpone the hearing.

Jacksprat

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Cable news is nothing but 24 hours of Florida hurricane.

It has to be because of the Republicans on the panel. There's no way a Democrat would have that kind of common sense.

A Democrat would be like, "Trump murdered a girl scout buried her body in his cellar? Let's tell everyone during the SUPER BOWL."

Don't need to. The media will tell me what nonsense they've pushed.
Some minds aren't just closed. They're nailed up tight and light-proofed. Not a glimmer gets through.

Some minds aren't just closed. They're nailed up tight and light-proofed. Not a glimmer gets through.
In college we used to tell this joke. "I did not do the reading for today's class, so my opinions are unbiased."

Please give one example.
Only one? Okay.

Every single prime time dog and pony show has been pushed by every media outlet. There is no end to the talking potato heads telling everyone what the narrative means.

Only one? Okay.

Every single prime time dog and pony show has been pushed by every media outlet. There is no end to the talking potato heads telling everyone what the narrative means.
I see.

It has to be because of the Republicans on the panel. There's no way a Democrat would have that kind of common sense.

A Democrat would be like, "Trump murdered a girl scout buried her body in his cellar? Let's tell everyone during the SUPER BOWL."
Not on the same channel, of course

The purpose of a public hearing is for the public to… hear it. Shocking, I know.
Exactly.

As I said...There's no point in trying to push a narrative if nobody's listening.

Exactly.

As I said...There's no point in trying to push a narrative if nobody's listening.
How do you know what narrative they are pushing if you never watched the hearing?

How do you know what narrative they are pushing if you never watched the hearing?
What part of...

...do you not understand?

Seriously dude...this is YOUR thread. Read the damned thing and stop asking me stupid ****ing questions.

So, just curious--------where do you get any info on what is really happening???
???

Did you even read the post you are responding to? Quit wasting my time.

You are dismissed.

What part of...

...do you not understand?

Seriously dude...this is YOUR thread. Read the damned thing and stop asking me stupid ****ing questions.
bye

But does that mean you allow the media to filter it for you?

But does that mean you allow the media to filter it for you?
They aren't filtering it "for me". They are filtering it for the dog and pony show.

I'm smart enough to dig the kernels of fact out of the bullshit.

Actually, I'm wondering if you refuse to see it because the second hand experience through the media lens insulates you from the human expression, inference, gestures and emotion that gives it the credibility that just might be bothersome.

Logic right?

There's no point in trying to push a narrative if nobody's listening.
Wrong again, election denier! 😄
35BB2A7B-CD51-4AF5-8C0A-60553DB92509.jpeg
“The eight hearings averaged 13 million viewers. The first one, which also occurred in prime time, drew about 20 million viewers. The Nielsen data only include the audience on TV. Total viewership would be higher when factoring in people who watched the sessions online.

Nearly all the major news channels pre-empted regular prime-time programming to air Thursday’s hearing. Like the first session, Fox Corp. chose to air the event on its less-popular Fox Business channel, while Fox News stuck with its regular prime-time lineup of opinion hosts like Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity.”

Back
Top Bottom