• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 breacher Who is Ray Epps

It is the hope of the 1/6 Committee that they can hold Trump and his associates responsible for the 1/6 riot (or insurrection if you prefer for the sake of argument). Do you deny this?
Again, what does that have to do with Mr. Epps? YOU asked questions about him, but now it seems like the last thing you want to talk about? Isn't that curious? What have you discovered that you are now trying to hide? Are you in on it!?

It's also possible they were 'chicken hawks' who never actually entered the building.

Well my point is that the crowd might have been half-right. Not that the urgers were FBI but that they worked for some agency under direct command of Trump.
Spinning a CT that pulls in Trump, where there is no evidence or even the slightest mention vs. a real question:

The two are most certainly not he same thing or even close to the same thing.

If that were so (and it's a long shot I agree) then FBI or the AG should proceed up the chain of more serious charges, ultimately giving the agents amnesty in exchange for handing over Trump himself.
Yet more CT spinning.

Not saying I approve of that, it's contrary to "do the crime, do the time" aka equal punishment. But it's how many prosecutors operate in the US.
Sure doesn't seem like that.

D.C. Bar yet to disbar ex-FBI attorney guilty of altering doc to wiretap Trump campaign adviser
Ex-FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith given probation after guilty plea in Special Counsel John Durham probe
Ex-Senate Intel gatekeeper James Wolfe sentenced to two months in prison, despite DOJ push for two-year term
James Wolfe, the high-level Senate intelligence staffer who pleaded guilty in October to lying to investigators probing systemic leaks of classified information, was sentenced Thursday to two months in prison, plus four months of supervised release -- well under the two-year term prosecutors had aggressively sought.​
Accused in Justice Dept.'s Upper Echelon, and Innocent Until Scot-Free
By Eric Felten, RealClearInvestigations, March 25, 2020​

Sure seem like a bifurcated justice system where the DC swamp protects it's own.

I'm not sure what you think this refutes. You claimed hundreds of Americans were being held "without having been charged or observed commiting crimes" and now you're deflecting to Trump? Democrats place blame on Trump, therefore the guy who had his feet on Pelosi's desk has not committed a crime?

Not everyone at the rally committed a crime. Some stayed outside and committed no acts of violence or destruction of property. I can't figure you out. Are you mad that people are getting charged with a crime or are you mad that people aren't getting charged with a crime? This Epps fellow hasn't been charged with a crime, has it occurred to you that maybe they just couldn't find evidence to charge him with?

I asked what crime Epps had been observed committing, and nobody seems to have an answer for that but they're also confused as to why he's not under arrest? Uhh, news flash, that's how the justice system works. He is accused of urging people to go inside... but did he actually go inside? Did he actually commit an act of violence or destruction of property? "Incitement to violence" is a very, very hard case to prove under any circumstances, so I wouldn't rely on that one if I were you.

And the reason that's so funny, is because Trump didn't commit any crimes either. He never entered the capital, was never spotted agitating crowds outside the capital or anything else

But liberals want him arrested because they accuse him of the exact same thing Epps actually did.

And what Joe Biden and Kamala Harris both did after the Jakob Blake shooting.

They lied, agitated, misconstrued facts to incite violence and chaos. They did that.

But liberals are totally okay with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris doing it. Sorts cool with Epps doing it, as long as he was an FBI plant trying to **** up the bad orange man anyway.

But the bad orange man has to hang. For the same thing liberals have watched thier own leadership pull.

It's pathetic

And the reason that's so funny, is because Trump didn't commit any crimes either. He never entered the capital, was never spotted agitating crowds outside the capital or anything else

But liberals want him arrested because they accuse him of the exact same thing Epps actually did.

The general claim is incitement of violence. I do not think this case could actually be made in court. First amendment protections mean the criteria for incitement are extremely narrow. You practically have to say "I want you to harm that particular guy right now."

And what Joe Biden and Kamala Harris both did after the Jakob Blake shooting.
Not equivalent.

However, far more pertinent is the actual impeachment issues. Trump didn't have to be legally on the hook for incitement of violence to get impeached for his role in 1/6. "High crimes and misdemeanors" is much, much more broad than incitement of violence cases.

Not even a straight answer to simple fact questions. Incompetence? Or planned dodge?

I'd like to see a similar line of questioning from the House's Select Committee on 1/6, but know it would never happen, as that committee is little more than Pelosi's political circus and Kangaroo court.

Back
Top Bottom