• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

James Woods says Twitter is already so much better...

There is no accounting for taste……..
Everything in the 80's smelled like stale cigarette smoke. Everything.

Also, all tv sucked.

Hollywood? The people who protected the sexual predators Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein for decades?
What's your point? What do you mean "The People" There are 700,000 workers in the film industry (California). If you mean a tiny percentage of that figure..Yes, some did.
Kinda like a small percentage of right-wingers that give Trump a pass. In both cases, most of the people don't have a voice that would change reality.

Also, all tv sucked.
The more things change, the more they stay the same…..have you seen what is popular with the masses today?

Let it all out. Everyone battles it out verbally in the town square. I trust that the truth will win out. Elon Musk will be a great and fair moderator.

he also played the perfect Southern racist in Ghosts of Mississippi. he played the asshole Byron De La Beckwith who gunned down Medger Evers in real life.

Just remember...if a person plays Hitler in a movie, doesn't mean he is Hitler in real life.

Movies/TV pretend....at home, reality.

Because all tastes are acquired.
Kids these days just don't appreciate high quality tv like Airwolf and Diffrent Strokes.

The more things change, the more they stay the same…..have you seen what is popular with the masses today?
Yes, the best tv you can possibly imagine. It's rare that the wife and I aren't fully caught up on tv shows that would have been considered unthinkable in the 80's. The New Pope, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Band of Brothers, True Detective, The Sopranos, West World, Better Call Saul, Battlestar Galactica, Fargo, Game of Thrones, The Outer Range, etc. etc. etc. etc....if any of these shows had appeared on people's screens in the 80's they would have burned their tv's as witches.

Also, all tv sucked.
Yes, it did.

I don't necessarily agree with the second part. Of course, I was young. TV series are better now, certainly, but 80s TV had its moments.

Kids these days just don't appreciate high quality tv like Airwolf and Diffrent Strokes.
There were a handful of watchable shows. You think the 21st century has produced anything anyone will remember fondly in 40 years, if we survive as a species?

Because, I'm sure, Elon. You know, who hasn't taken over yet. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Come on. Can people REALLY be this stupid????

Aww, you haven't picked up any new followers yet? You might want to think about the reasons some of us have. :)

Yes, it did.

I don't necessarily agree with the second part. Of course, I was young. TV series are better now, certainly, but 80s TV had its moments.
Yeah, who can forget ALF?

Yes, the best tv you can possibly imagine. It's rare that the wife and I aren't fully caught up on tv shows that would have been considered unthinkable in the 80's. The New Pope, The Wire, Breaking Bad, West World, Better Call Saul, Battlestar Galactica, Fargo, Game of Thrones, The Outer Range, etc. etc. etc. etc....if any of these shows had appeared on people's screens in the 80's they would have burned their tv's as witches.
No wonder your house needs all those repairs……………🤷

Aww, you haven't picked up any new followers yet? You might want to think about the reasons some of us have. :)
You get on Truth-Central yet?

No wonder your house needs all those repairs……………🤷

I know, right?? The fact that we read less ain't a coincidence.

(The authors are Reuters Breakingviews columnists. The opinions expressed are their own.)

An opinion piece? Seriously? :giggle:
Truth is the top app!

Can’t get logged on…..

WTF is the point?

Yeah, who can forget ALF?
I wasn't a fan. I did like Matlock and other dramas, though. Also, it would be nice to watch Cronkite do the news during dinner.

Yes, the best tv you can possibly imagine. It's rare that the wife and I aren't fully caught up on tv shows that would have been considered unthinkable in the 80's. The New Pope, The Wire, Breaking Bad, West World, Better Call Saul, Battlestar Galactica, Fargo, Game of Thrones, The Outer Range, etc. etc. etc. etc....if any of these shows had appeared on people's screens in the 80's they would have burned their tv's as witches.

Comparing two TV shows like original Star Trek and Next Generation.

The Original Star Trek was sooo...much better. They concentrated on the characters first science second. The Next Generation the opposite. They would go so nitty gritty into the science, it was to hard to catch up and character development suffered.

The original Star Trek, they put enough future science the audience could understand, while have such dynamic characters. That made it so incredible.

Back
Top Bottom