• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

James O'Keefe and friends plead guilty in Mary Landrieu office caper

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The four defendants who were arrested in January in Sen. Mary Landrieu's office in the Hale Boggs federal complex in New Orleans pleaded guilty Wednesday morning in federal court to entering real property belonging to the United States under false pretenses.

Magistrate Judge Daniel Knowles III sentenced Stan Dai, Joseph Basel and Robert Flanagan each to two years probation, a fine of $1,500 and 75 hours of community service during their first year of probation.

Which looks like an appropriate sentence for their crime. You don't go on Federal property, under false pretenses, in order to play political dirty tricks. I hope they have learned their lesson.

Article is here.

These jerks should do their community service in the poorest parts of their city, especially James O'Keefe, since his propaganda piece on ACORN cause so much damage to the good work they were doing.

These jerks should do their community service in the poorest parts of their city, especially James O'Keefe, since his propaganda piece on ACORN cause so much damage to the good work they were doing.

Ahhh Jeezuz... you were doing so well until you added this drivel.
...since his propaganda piece on ACORN cause so much damage to the good work they were doing.
:2wave:

Excerpted from “James O'Keefe and friends plead guilty in Mary Landrieu office caper” By Ramon Antonio Vargas, The Times-Picayune, May 26, 2010, 10:42AM
[SIZE="+2"]J[/SIZE]ames O'Keefe, as leader of the group and famous for posing as a pimp in ACORN office videos, received three years of probation, a fine of $1,500 and 100 hours of community service.

No more pimpin' for Mr. O'Keefe, at least for three years.

Ahhh Jeezuz... you were doing so well until you added this drivel.
:2wave:

The allegations against ACORN were all proven false because that "incriminating" footage was edited to fit an agenda. More than one law enforcement agency reviewed the footage and came to this conclusion.

Good I am glad he is going to jail. You do the crime you better be willing to pay the time.

Good I am glad he is going to jail. You do the crime you better be willing to pay the time.

... probation and community service is not jail.

... probation and community service is not jail.

Actually, it is pretty damn close. I am on probation for DWI, and trust me - It is no picnic.

Actually, it is pretty damn close. I am on probation for DWI, and trust me - It is no picnic.

The building you are in right now. You can leave it, right? If you try, nobody tackles you and beats you with clubs? :mrgreen:

They supported illegal activity. Whatta joke that statement is!...:rofl

The allegations against ACORN were all proven false because that "incriminating" footage was edited to fit an agenda. More than one law enforcement agency reviewed the footage and came to this conclusion.

Then the "more than one law enforcement agencies" are idiots. Obama and Eric Holder probably had a lot to do with stopping any further probes on that issue. Obama has been very protective of his beloved ACORN. These weren't allegations. What they did was fact.

Then the "more than one law enforcement agencies" are idiots. Obama and Eric Holder probably had a lot to do with stopping any further probes on that issue. Obama has been very protective of his beloved ACORN. These weren't allegations. What they did was fact.

How are they idiots when after the reviewed all the evidence nothing went forward. And what they did wasn't fact because if you read the full transcripts you can see it was just allegations by O'Keefe and he made it look like ACORN as a whole was a criminal organization.

Why would you care where he does his community service. You're in Canada. What stake do you have in this ball game?

B.S. unless they dubbed in the voices themselves then members of ACORN did in fact attempt to aid in the facilitation of criminal acts

Probation for a misdemenour that amounts to tresspassing? I doubt it is all that big of a deal.

Did you watch the unedited tapes? I did. The situation is completely the opposite of what it was presented as. Really, the editing was quite clever, I gotta say.
YouTube - Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe - Reality TV Editing
A good, funny rundown of the power of editing. :)

edit: But I'm sure, despite not having watched the unedited tapes and not having any other evidence to support it, you're just going to assume that those law enforcement agencies were wrong and you are right because OBAMA IS EVIL AND OF COURSE HE WOULD DO BAD THINGS ALL THE TIME.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom