• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

James Comey Indirectly Responds To Trump’s Morning Twitter Rant With Single Quote

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...with-single-quote_us_5c3a50ace4b0922a21d55da6

In usual fashion, the former FBI director responded to a barrage of insults from the president with a subtle subtweet.

James Comey is no stranger to the subtweet. The former FBI director has been known to fire off historical quotes seemingly directed at President Donald Trump, and Saturday was no exception.

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made,” Comey tweeted, quoting former President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
=============================
His response speaks for itself.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...with-single-quote_us_5c3a50ace4b0922a21d55da6

In usual fashion, the former FBI director responded to a barrage of insults from the president with a subtle subtweet.

James Comey is no stranger to the subtweet. The former FBI director has been known to fire off historical quotes seemingly directed at President Donald Trump, and Saturday was no exception.

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made,” Comey tweeted, quoting former President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

A true patriot

I'd rather judge him according to the law.

Damn, that was a hell of a response.

I'd rather judge him according to the law.
I've got to admit, yours is a pretty slick response itself.

Saturday night always seems to bring out the wordsmiths! :mrgreen:

It sure does!
He's an egotistical self-righteous moron who couldn't come up with an original thought if he tried.

That he is unimaginative and unable to think for himself... yeah. His response speaks volumes.

The phrase was just as stupid when Franklin used it, as it says that one should ignore why you've got those enemies in the first place. As if just because you have them, should be considered some sort of merit on it's own right.

I find it hilarious how the cultists hate comey and love Putin when regardless of Putin's interference comey probably had more to do with trumps win than Putin did.

Only comey thought he was doing what was right for the country, Putin knew he was ****ing the US by getting g trump in office.

Putin said it perfectly when he said he really didn't think we were that stupid...

Perhaps a better response would be "I ask you to judge me by the presidential candidates who I threw the election to at the last minute."? :shrug:

If he asked us to do that (or if our collective memories stretched back more than five minutes), I think Comey would forever be Judas in the Democrat Party's mythos, and a Daniel come to justice in the Republican's.

Last edited:
James Comey has never been indicted nor imprisoned. That's how the law works.

Nor for that matter has Donald Trump, HumblePi. Yet people call him a criminal all the same.

It sure does!
He's an egotistical self-righteous moron who couldn't come up with an original thought if he tried.

Is that why he wasn't being investigated by the counter-terrorism branch of the FBI and subsequently the focus of the ongoing special counsel of the FBI? Oh right..that's the other guy, the one in the Oval Office colluding with RUSSIA.

Y'all weren't saying that when he reopened the email investigation. :lamo

Ill bet if we did a search of Winstons posts from Oct-Nov of 2016 we would find him saying the exact opposite

Ill bet if we did a search of Winstons posts from Oct-Nov of 2016 we would find him saying the exact opposite

Ain't no doubt he would be eating crow.

I find it hilarious how the cultists hate comey and love Putin when regardless of Putin's interference comey probably had more to do with trumps win than Putin did.

Only comey thought he was doing what was right for the country, Putin knew he was ****ing the US by getting g trump in office.

Putin said it perfectly when he said he really didn't think we were that stupid...

And the venomous defense of this son-of-a-bitch that comes from the right is downright chilling.

imageedit-2-7146349180.png

Attachments

• imageedit_2_7146349180.jpg
    imageedit_2_7146349180.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 96
Is that why he wasn't being investigated by the counter-terrorism branch of the FBI and subsequently the focus of the ongoing special counsel of the FBI? Oh right..that's the other guy, the one in the Oval Office colluding with RUSSIA.

Who authorized that sort of investigation against a sitting president. Andy and Peter? The Insurance Policy guys who have been fired from the Bureau and are under investigation?

Nor for that matter has Donald Trump, HumblePi. Yet people call him a criminal all the same.

The reasons that the FBI took notice of his unusual pro-Russian ties were clues we all saw on the surface. That initiated the investigation in the beginning. Everyone saw the signs. The right didn't want to acknowledge them and made excuses. The left clearly saw a man, who was elected to uphold the Constitution to serve and protect this country, was in fact giving concessions to a foreign adversary, one that hacked our election.

The investigation commenced but the counter-terrorism branch of the FBI evidently found even more evidence, through means that we in the public aren't aware of such as transmissions, emails, phone or bank records, etc. It was only then that he went from being the subject to becoming the target of their counter-terrorism investigation.

James Comey is living peacefully in private life now. Donald Trump doesn't get a good night's sleep. That's the difference. James Comey is writing books, doing speaking engagements, etc. Donald Trump just hired 17 new lawyers in anticipation of his multiple legal fights that are about to commence because he's under a counter-terrorist criminal investigation. Only time will tell who keeps getting a good night's sleep and who won't be.

And the venomous defense of this son-of-a-bitch that comes from the right is downright chilling.

imageedit-2-7146349180.png

What those 9 photographs prove is that you will resort to the flimsiest of evidence to back up your foolish position. Any other context-free, photos of anonymous people you care to post in an attempt to support your point?

James Comey has never been indicted nor imprisoned. That's how the law works.

"Has never" does not mean "never can be" That's how the law works.

Back
Top Bottom