• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

James Comey Indirectly Responds To Trump’s Morning Twitter Rant With Single Quote

"Has never" does not mean "never can be" That's how the law works.

Oh, do you have some insider knowledge of any indictments for James Comey?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...with-single-quote_us_5c3a50ace4b0922a21d55da6

In usual fashion, the former FBI director responded to a barrage of insults from the president with a subtle subtweet.

James Comey is no stranger to the subtweet. The former FBI director has been known to fire off historical quotes seemingly directed at President Donald Trump, and Saturday was no exception.

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made,” Comey tweeted, quoting former President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
=============================
His response speaks for itself.

Sad thing is trump won't even get that awesome burn.

Knowing who are Comey's enemies depends upon what date you are looking at. For a long time he was declared the Democratic Party's enemy. Now Democrats love the man who destroyed Hilary Clinton's campaign. So the real answer is everyone has been Comey's enemy at one time or another.

Perhaps a better response would be "I ask you to judge me by the presidential candidates who I threw the election to at the last minute."? :shrug:

If he asked us to do that (or if our collective memories stretched back more than five minutes), I think Comey would forever be Judas in the Democrat Party's mythos, and a Daniel come to justice in the Republican's.

I read just recently that he probably re-opened the email investigation over fake intelligence.

From Russia.

I'd rather judge him according to the law.

What kind of silly comeback is that?

First, Trump is not judging COMEY based on the law. Thus, Comey's response doesn't judge Trump by the law either.
Trump is throwing shade at Comey, and Comey had an artful, indirect, historical throwback, rebuttal.

Now, if you want to change the subject as you seem so desperate to do, to lawful or not.... OK, let's play Mycrofts move the goalpost game!

Trump's campaign is up to what, 5 felons?
Comey's team was how many? Zero.

And here you are claiming you'll judge based on the law.

So who was running the most unlawful operation? That's right Mycroft...Trump.
You can't even get moved goalposts correct.

What kind of silly comeback is that?

First, Trump is not judging COMEY based on the law.

Trump's statement ABOUT prosecuting Comey are in and of itself a possible obstruction of justice.

In addition to creating the appearance that charges are being sought to even the political score for Trump, prosecuting the former FBI director could also be motivated by a desire to discredit him as a witness in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into links between the Trump campaign and Russia to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. If so, this directive to prosecute Comey could be evidence of obstruction of justice by Trump.

Obstruction of justice occurs when someone acts with a corrupt intent to interfere with an official proceeding, such as a grand jury investigation.

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made,” Comey tweeted, quoting former President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
=============================
His response speaks for itself.

"They are unanimous in their hatred of me, and I welcome their hatred."

First of all those shirts are a joke that clearly shot right over your head. And second they dont mention Putin or express any love for him. Back to the drawing board with you.

Is there no defense that you will not engage in? There’s a joke here, but it’s not those shirts. Putin=Russia, pay attention!

It sure does!
He's an egotistical self-righteous moron who couldn't come up with an original thought if he tried.

Sounds like a perfect description of Trump although a little understated.

Is there no defense that you will not engage in? There’s a joke here, but it’s not those shirts. Putin=Russia, pay attention!

No, the joke here, and is really isnt all that funny, is your inability to make an intelligent argument. But you arent alone. Not one of your leftist pals has been able to do that today either. Two unidentified guys in t-shirts =/= all people on the right being in love with Putin--which was the dopey assertion I was attacking and that you are defending. Which leads me to ask you the same question: is there no defense that you will not engage in?

No, the joke here, and is really isnt all that funny, is your inability to make an intelligent argument. But you arent alone. Not one of your leftist pals has been able to do that today either. Two unidentified guys in t-shirts =/= all people on the right being in love with Putin--which was the dopey assertion I was attacking and that you are defending. Which leads me to ask you the same question: is there no defense that you will not engage in?

Back at ya: Is there a defense you will not engage in? You're probably the biggest enabler of president douchebag here.

Never equated the two knuckle-draggers with “all people on the right.” Noting your acceptance/non repudiation of these ass clowns.

If you present an “intelligent argument” I will be surprised, carry on....

Back at ya: Is there a defense you will not engage in? You're probably the biggest enabler of president douchebag here.

Defending the man against dishonest and moronic liberals is not enabling him. If you guys could finally drop the Collusion Trutherism and make an honest critique of the man you might be surprised with how much we would actually agree upon.

Never equated the two knuckle-draggers with “all people on the right.” Noting your acceptance/non repudiation of these ass clowns.

If you present an “intelligent argument” I will be surprised, carry on....

Im not here to defend or attack those two. I dont know them and I dont care. (Unlike you, who knows nothing about them but knows enough to call them names.) The point was, the picture didnt address my post, which was in response to the boneheaded claim that Trump supporters hate Comey and love Putin. Do you believe that to be true? If not, why are you defending it? If you do then you are the last person to judge what is and is not an 'intelligent argument.'

First of all those shirts are a joke that clearly shot right over your head. And second they dont mention Putin or express any love for him. Back to the drawing board with you.

I just linked you to 26,300,000 entries about the far-Right (both here AND in EU) and its affection for Putin, and all you can do is focus on two idiots wearing tee shirts. This is exactly what you do, and you think you're clever.

But you're not. Your ignorant attempt is the stupid person's idea of being clever.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...390a3e-91b3-11e8-8322-b5482bf5e0f5_story.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/american-racists-look-for-allies-in-russia

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/08/russia-is-co-opting-angry-young-men/568741/

https://www.newsweek.com/how-evange...russia-save-christianity-godless-west-1115164

I really found THIS one interesting: (below)

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/if-loving-putin-is-right-i-want-to-be-wrong/

It is “ironic that the left used to ‘love’ what is now Russia” but is now beating up on this country and its president. The guest explained this was natural, since “President Vladimir Putin does not subscribe to their progressive worldview as Soviet leaders did.” But Tucker persisted in treating a favorable view of Putin’s regime as characteristic of the left. He may have done this at least partly to draw our attention to the presumed blunders of two Democrats, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, who went quite far in accommodating Russia.

Although Tucker was playing partisan games, he may be too much part of the Republican establishment bubble to have fully understood what Prince was saying. Allow me to restate it in a way that is relevant for this commentary: With notable exceptions, the further one moves to the Right, the less anti-Putin people sound.

You only have 26,229,995 left to go, Skippy.

Back
Top Bottom