• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

James Blunt prevented World War 3

Solace

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
YouTube - James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

The battle hardened grizzly macho man and romantic singer-songwriter, James Blunt, has recently told the press about how he prevented World War III during Yugoslavia 199X by disobeying a direct command from his superiors to have his men attack the Russians.

Singer James Blunt has told the BBC how he refused an order to attack Russian troops when he was a British soldier in Kosovo. Blunt said he was willing to risk a court martial by rejecting the order from a US General.

But he was backed by British Gen Sir Mike Jackson, who said: "I'm not going to have my soldiers be responsible for starting World War III."

Blunt was ordered to seize an airfield, but the Russians had got there first.

In an interview with BBC Radio 5 live, broadcast on Sunday, he said: "I was given the direct command to overpower the 200 or so Russians who were there.

Read more: BBC News - Singer James Blunt 'prevented World War III'

Back
Top Bottom