• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

James Alex Fields found guilty of killing Heather Heyer during violent Charlottesville white nationa

Remember, kids, Nazis are the bad guys. Full stop.

Not everyone protesting the statue removal were alt right Nazi sympathizers just like not everone wanting the statue removed were ANTIFA communists revolutionaries.

First degree. You will be very "popular" in prison big boy.

James Alex Fields found guilty of killing Heather Heyer during violent Charlottesville white nationalist rally
Fields faces 20 years to life for the first-degree murder charge, and will be sentenced at a later date.

James Alex Fields Jr. was found guilty on Friday of killing Heather Heyer when he plowed his car into a group of counterprotesters last year at a "Unite the Right" rally that quickly turned violent in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Fields, 21, was convicted on all counts, including first-degree murder in connection to Heyer's death and five counts of aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of malicious wounding and one hit and run count for injuring dozens of others with his vehicle. In addition, Fields — who a former teacher said was fascinated by Nazism and Hitler — was charged with 30 federal hate crimes. He's been on trial since November for the murder charge and still faces trial on the additional charges.​

One less hate-filled a-hole in society.

so are liberals primarily pro, or anti-death penalty?

ill make the question simple

They are primarily anti-death penalty, of course. That does not mean they have to be in lockstep with a single leader like the Trumpcult.

Anytime a Nazi or a pedophile is sent to prison we all hope they are "taken care of " in prison. But in reality they are about to also find quite a few like minded prisoners welcoming committees.

Those like minded prisoner will protect him from the other inmates.

But they wont protect him from themselves

James Alex Fields found guilty of killing Heather Heyer during violent Charlottesville white nationalist rally
Fields faces 20 years to life for the first-degree murder charge, and will be sentenced at a later date.

James Alex Fields Jr. was found guilty on Friday of killing Heather Heyer when he plowed his car into a group of counterprotesters last year at a "Unite the Right" rally that quickly turned violent in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Fields, 21, was convicted on all counts, including first-degree murder in connection to Heyer's death and five counts of aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of malicious wounding and one hit and run count for injuring dozens of others with his vehicle. In addition, Fields — who a former teacher said was fascinated by Nazism and Hitler — was charged with 30 federal hate crimes. He's been on trial since November for the murder charge and still faces trial on the additional charges.​

Good. Now they just need to give this piece of ****e the maximum sentence.

Crooks, thugs, murderers and other assorted lawbreakers need to be imprisoned, unlike LBJ's man Mac Wallace who got off Scot free after being found guilty of murdering a man who LBJ thought was trying to blackmail him.

Did you somehow thing he wouldn't be found guilty even if he didn't intend to run them over?

They are primarily anti-death penalty, of course. That does not mean they have to be in lockstep with a single leader like the Trumpcult.

i know thats what i said

If Heather was black, I am sure this racist grub would have been acquitted.

Fortunately he has been found guilty of murder and we all hope he gets life and has to share a cell with some big black dude.

Sadly he will most likely be put with the child molesters and pedophiles who are segragated from general population.

But, but.... there's good people on both sides!

/s

the radical leftists are against killing murders. they just want to house, clothe, and feed killers and rapists for many decades.

I'm not exactly "radical" but my only beef with the death penalty is the fact that too many people who committed no crime at all are wrongfully convicted and sent to their deaths because of incompetent and corrupt prosecutorial malfeasance.

If I could see proof that we're more accurate in all death penalty cases, I don't think I'd have a problem with it at all. I'd like to see one hundred percent accuracy but I know that's entirely unrealistic. I also know that doing more to allow exculpatory and exonerating evidence would probably boost the accuracy a great deal. States are generally reluctant and it takes a herculean effort to get exonerating evidence looked at by the courts once a conviction is obtained.

I support efforts like "The Innocence Project" because they get results. The Innocence Project claims that as many as five percent of all convictions are erroneous.

So, I'm not against the death penalty entirely. It's just that I support a moratorium on it until state prosecutors start doing a better job.

I'm not exactly "radical" but my only beef with the death penalty is the fact that too many people who committed no crime at all are wrongfully convicted and sent to their deaths because of incompetent and corrupt prosecutorial malfeasance.

If I could see proof that we're more accurate in all death penalty cases, I don't think I'd have a problem with it at all. I'd like to see one hundred percent accuracy but I know that's entirely unrealistic. I also know that doing more to allow exculpatory and exonerating evidence would probably boost the accuracy a great deal. States are generally reluctant and it takes a herculean effort to get exonerating evidence looked at by the courts once a conviction is obtained.

I support efforts like "The Innocence Project" because they get results. The Innocence Project claims that as many as five percent of all convictions are erroneous.

So, I'm not against the death penalty entirely. It's just that I support a moratorium on it until state prosecutors start doing a better job.

im cool with this response. thanks

Crooks, thugs, murderers and other assorted lawbreakers need to be imprisoned, unlike LBJ's man Mac Wallace who got off Scot free after being found guilty of murdering a man who LBJ thought was trying to blackmail him.

Whattaboutism has discovered time travel?!

It is kind of pathetic so many people on this thread are cheering on 'prison justice' whether that be through rape or shank. Yes, the guy is a scumbag but as a civilization we should not be encouraging such actions.

Whattaboutism has discovered time travel?!

It seems devotees to the democrat party have a hard time recognizing the need to exercise fair universal judgment for all instead of just hypocritical judgments and condemnation of conservatives while not judging democrats for the same offences.

so are liberals primarily pro, or anti-death penalty?

ill make the question simple

You make the question so "simple" that it cannot be answered.

Strangely enough not everyone in the whole world thinks in terms of "There are ONLY '100%' and '0%' to chose from.".

You might want to think about re-formulating your question along the lines of

Which comes closer to your belief about the death penalty:

1. It should always be applied in every case wherein one person kills another.
  2. It should always be applied in every case wherein one person kills another PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  3. It should always be applied in every case wherein one person kills another with intent to do so.\
  4. It should always be applied in every case wherein one person kills another with intent to do so PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence.
  5. It should always be applied in every case wherein one person kills another regardless of intent if the death was reasonably foreseeable.
  6. It should always be applied in every case wherein one person kills another regardless of intent if the death was reasonably foreseeable PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence.
  7. It should almost always be applied in every case wherein one person kills another.
  8. add PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  9. It should almost always be applied in every case wherein one person kills another with intent to do so.
  10. add PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  11. It should almost always be applied in every case wherein one person kills another regardless of intent if the death was reasonably foreseeable.
  12. add PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  13. It should sometimes be applied in every case wherein one person kills another.
  14. add PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  15. It should sometimes be applied in every case wherein one person kills another with intent to do so.
  16. add PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  17. It should sometimes be applied in every case wherein one person kills another regardless of intent if the death was reasonably foreseeable.
  18. add PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  19. It should occasionally be applied in every case wherein one person kills another.
  20. add PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  21. It should occasionally be applied in every case wherein one person kills another with intent to do so.
  22. add PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  23. It should occasionally be applied in every case wherein one person kills another regardless of intent if the death was reasonably foreseeable.
  24. add PROVIDED that there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT - regardless of how small - about innocence
  25. It should never be applied

And to think last year, I was ridiculed for suggesting that he was going to be found guilty of murder and convicted. That it was an open and shut case. I mean there is jumping to conclusions and then there's stating the obvious. Funny how a loud majority on here didn't or couldn't believe me and now some of those same faces are acting like they agreed with me the whole time!

Granted this thread is not as long as it should it be considering the amount of defense this guy was getting on here before. We keep going around in circles but the right never learns. They don't seem to realize I know their game all too well.

And to think last year, I was ridiculed for suggesting that he was going to be found guilty of murder and convicted. That it was an open and shut case. I mean there is jumping to conclusions and then there's stating the obvious. Funny how a loud majority on here didn't or couldn't believe me and now some of those same faces are acting like they agreed with me the whole time!

Granted this thread is not as long as it should it be considering the amount of defense this guy was getting on here before. We keep going around in circles but the right never learns. They don't seem to realize I know their game all too well.

I remember them going with the self defense argument actually.

Maybe Mr. Trump should pardon the unfortunate young man who has been made a victim of the vicious campaign to destroy America that is being conducted by the lying Main Stream Media under the guise of "exercising constitutional rights".

After all, there were "a lot of good people" at that rally and there aren't very many "good people" in jail. It would be a terrible thing to force someone who is "good people" to associate with those who are not "good people" - right?

I'm against the death penalty because it amounts to life with special privileges on death row. Takes the state decades to execute. And they lay up safe and sound with TV and ****.

Nope.

This guy needs to spend life on a Texas work ranch, doing pointless manual labor like moving rocks from one pile to the next. In the muggiest hottest swamp filled with all matter of critters and bugs.

Pointless labor breaks the soul. To work so hard for nothing. He will commit suicide in under a year.

Death penalty is to good for anyone that qualifies for it.

That's why I oppose it.

Back
Top Bottom