• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Jallman -- Conservative with a twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallman

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Yeah, it's true; we're not just a fairy tale (pun intended). There are gay conservatives out there who aren't Log Cabin Republicans. We aren't closet cases or brain damaged either. Conservativism just makes sense if you are a gay man who is more concerned about real issues like the economy and national security than you are about petitioning for a National Sequin Parade.

The way I see it is this: if we don't have a strong national defense and a prosperous economy, then it won't make a dram of difference when it comes to the other issues. Wanna take bets on how long pride parades will last under Sharia Law? What's the point of petitioning for marriage rights if the discovery of a kiss is enough to get your head separated from your shoulders?

I'm a firm believer in law, order, and strict interpretation of the Constitution. One citizen, one vote. Jury of your peers, right to bear arms, separation of powers, checks and balances, freedom of speech, now law respecting...these aren't just buzzwords. They mean something and our Constitution embodies the majestic and glorious principles that guide our country and make us the most powerful nation on Earth.

We're lucky to live in a society that values pluralism. We're talking about a nation so rich in its diversity that you can have a church on one corner damning gays from the pulpit while at the same time a drag queen walks unabashedly down the next city block. Rabid atheists can decry the hypocrisy of men of faith while devout Christians can worship in peace inside their churches.

I love this country; it has been good to me and I believe strongly in the individual rights of every person to be free of oppression. I have come to a shocking conclusion: conservative principles hold to the same truths I believe in...truths that are "self evident" and give each man the right to life and self determination of his fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom