• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Jade Dragon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I was well known for this discussion back on my last forum, and I thought it best to share here as well. Share any personal recipes, or link to ones you find online.

I want to start off with my crazy recipe, that hasn't been perfected, since I never got any good peppers from my plants to us instead. I saved it in an email draft. This is only for those with cast iron stomachs, and a palate for the fiery.

My Inferno chili (No Holds Barred Trial Edition) This is for a large batch, I leave math up to others that want it cut in half, or more. If any takers exist.

About a pound of ground chuck, with a half a pound of ground sirloin. (Mix with plenty of sriracha seasoning, and about half a bottle of green Tabasco, or other green sauce. Let sit for a few hours in a large plastic bag, in the fridge.)
1 package of ground hot chorizo.
1 2.5 oz hot Mexican style chili powder
2 TBSP regular chili powder
1 & 1/3 TBSP scotch bonnet powder
4.0 grams of 7 pot brain strain powder
7 jalapenos diced
1 1/2 pint of habaneros diced
2 cipollini onions peeled, and diced
10 dried Thai peppers, 1 dried ghost pepper, 2 dried Trinidad scorpion peppers (grind in mortar, and pestle with little bit of water)
2 10 oz cans, Rotel Diced tomatoes, with habaneros
1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
2 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (no salt added)
1 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes (Mexican style)
10-15 grinds of Szechuan peppercorn
1 TBSP smoked paprika
1 TBSP dried lemon peel
1 TBSP dried Marjoram
1 TBSP crushed red pepper
1 TSP ground cumin
2 TBSP Turbinado sugar
Small palm full of Smoked sea salt (I used smoked serrano for more heat)
1 46 fl oz can Tomato juice
1 average size bottle dark ale

Jade's Veggie Stock.

1 large sweet potato
1/2 rutabaga
3 rainbow carrots, and their greens. 1 purple, 1 yellow, 1 orange.
1 large sweet onion
2 cipollini onions
1 bulb of garlic separated, and smashed
A handful of snow pea pods
4 stalks of celery
4 radicchio leaves
2-3 baby bok choy leaves
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
10 dried shiitake mushrooms, submerged in water, and cleaned of dirt.
Parsley stems (cut about inch, and a half off the bottom of an entire bunch)
1 full leaf of this, is what I'll call my special ingredient: https://www.amazon.com/Maine-Coast-K...6762K7GW9&th=1

Seasonings 8-15 pink peppercorns, TBSP of both dried rosemary, and dried Marjoram.

It was all cut into large pieces (besides the mushrooms, pea pods, and special ingredient, which were left whole) and simmered on low for 25-30 hours. If you know how to make stocks, I won't get technical on things like straining, etc. Just fill a bowl with the veggies, and refill that same bowl to that line with cold water. Add little bits more if you think it's getting low during cooking. I lid up for overnight.

Share recipes of your own creation -- orthodox or heterodox -- You'll find in the noted thread a few recipes I've shared. Each of them is simple to make.
  • Hors d'oeuvres -- Apple and cheese wafers
  • Sandwich -- Grilled Cheese a la "Xelor"
  • Sandwich -- Potato grilled cheese sandwich

Elsewhere I've shared a mix of recipes and techniques, but I have no idea of where all those posts are, but here are some:

Jade's Veggie Stock.

1 large sweet potato
1/2 rutabaga
3 rainbow carrots, and their greens. 1 purple, 1 yellow, 1 orange.
1 large sweet onion
2 cipollini onions
1 bulb of garlic separated, and smashed
A handful of snow pea pods
4 stalks of celery
4 radicchio leaves
2-3 baby bok choy leaves
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
10 dried shiitake mushrooms, submerged in water, and cleaned of dirt.
Parsley stems (cut about inch, and a half off the bottom of an entire bunch)
1 full leaf of this, is what I'll call my special ingredient: https://www.amazon.com/Maine-Coast-K...6762K7GW9&th=1

Seasonings 8-15 pink peppercorns, TBSP of both dried rosemary, and dried Marjoram.

It was all cut into large pieces (besides the mushrooms, pea pods, and special ingredient, which were left whole) and simmered on low for 25-30 hours. If you know how to make stocks, I won't get technical on things like straining, etc. Just fill a bowl with the veggies, and refill that same bowl to that line with cold water. Add little bits more if you think it's getting low during cooking. I lid up for overnight.

Red:
There's an herb that doesn't get nearly enough "respect" (use).

Red:
There's an herb that doesn't get nearly enough "respect" (use).

I was looking for another complimentary herb, and I tried a little bit of it. I thought it would work well with the others.

Share recipes of your own creation -- orthodox or heterodox -- You'll find in the noted thread a few recipes I've shared. Each of them is simple to make.
  • Hors d'oeuvres -- Apple and cheese wafers
  • Sandwich -- Grilled Cheese a la "Xelor"
  • Sandwich -- Potato grilled cheese sandwich

Elsewhere I've shared a mix of recipes and techniques, but I have no idea of where all those posts are, but here are some:

I love me some truffle. If only they weren't so blasted pricey. I have just settled for the truffle salt, which is great on fries.

I love me some truffle. If only they weren't so blasted pricey. I have just settled for the truffle salt, which is great on fries.

Yes, truffles are pricey. I like the truffle salt idea. That could work for a variety of things besides fries. For instance, I suspect it'd be a great way to season haricot verts, either directly at the table or during sauteing/steaming.

I don't know how strong be the truffle flavor in truffle salt, but I know damn well it won't hurt a thing to give it try for there's no savory dish I don't prepare with salt, and I'm hard pressed to think of any savory dish that'd be worsened by a touch of truffle flavoring. At the very least, it would work wonders for veggies and starches that one deliberately under-seasons in the cooking process to allow for adding a sprinkle of truffle salt after the cooking is done.

TY for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom