• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jacob Blake's mother tells Don Lemon she has 'the utmost respect' for Trump

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Mom respects Trump and wants Black lives matter to stop the destruction.

Nuff said about her.

I agree with her.

Jacob Blake's mother tells Don Lemon she has 'the utmost respect' for Donald Trump - Washington Times

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 26, 2020
The mother of Jacob Blake, a Black man whose police-involved shooting sparked riots in Kenosha, Wisconsin, said Tuesday she has the “utmost respect” for President Trump and thinks the destruction plaguing her city is “disgusting.”

Speaking to CNN’s Don Lemon in a Skype interview, Julia Jackson slammed the rioters who are using her son’s name as an excuse to loot and burn businesses.

“My family and I are very hurt and quite frankly disgusted,” she said. “And as his mother, please don’t burn up property and cause havoc and tear your own homes down in my son’s name. You shouldn’t do it. People shouldn’t do it anyway, but to use my child or any other mother or father’s child, our tragedy to react in that manner is just not acceptable.”

so do a lot of Trump posters here.

Nuff said about her.

I agree with her.

Jacob Blake's mother tells Don Lemon she has 'the utmost respect' for Donald Trump - Washington Times

She has my utmost respect. Not sure I could be that gracious if my son were shot in the back seven times... and I am the mother of a Chief of Police. I am respectfully trying to keep an open mind, and will wait until we have ALL the facts that surround this shooting.

Back to thread topic. I have nothing against peaceful protest and neither do the police but this is not what they are up against unfortunately.

She has my utmost respect. Not sure I could be that gracious if my son were shot in the back seven times... and I am the mother of a Chief of Police. I am respectfully trying to keep an open mind, and will wait until we have ALL the facts that surround this shooting.

Back to thread topic. I have nothing against peaceful protest and neither do the police but this is not what they are up against unfortunately.

I think running with the narrative that black people‘s lives are in immediate and imminent danger any time they have any contact with police isn’t just factually wrong, it’s downright dangerous.

I hope the mob doesn't turn on her for supporting Trump.

Trumps RNC literally celebrated a couple who pointed weapons at peaceful protesters.

Somehow this is a shock now that some kid shows up at a protest with a gun pretending to ‘protect’ property that isn’t his.

I hope Trumpsters don't continue to knee-jerk pile everyone outside Trumplandia into the mob's box, but then again based on what I've seen over and over here on DP and elsewhere, that is exactly what they are doing and what they will continue to do.

They're not interested in anything but helping Trump.

“Support” isn’t even necessary, just a failure to hate can be a problem.

I think running with the narrative that black people‘s lives are in immediate and imminent danger any time they have any contact with police isn’t just factually wrong, it’s downright dangerous.
And I think running with the narrative that cops aren't being a dangerously broad definition to what is acceptable force/self defense when dealing with citizens is also dangerous, because we aren't given such leeway for similar circumstances.

And I think running with the narrative that cops aren't being a dangerously broad definition to what is acceptable force/self defense when dealing with citizens is also dangerous, because we aren't given such leeway for similar circumstances.

What?

Cops need to stop shooting people in circumstances where it wouldn't meet the definition of self-defense for the average citizen.

If I shoot someone in the back eight times, no other details will matter to the DA unless they were in my home and broke in. They'd have me in an orange jumpsuit if I did that, and wouldn't care if I feared the person "might" have a weapon, or even if they did in their vehicle.

Cops need to stop shooting people in circumstances where it wouldn't meet the definition of self-defense for the average citizen.

If I shoot someone in the back eight times, no other details will matter to the DA unless they were in my home and broke in. They'd have me in an orange jumpsuit if I did that, and wouldn't care if I feared the person "might" have a weapon, or even if they did in their vehicle.

Thats reasonable and something I can get behind.

It has quite a long history.

Thats reasonable and something I can get behind.
Glad we have common ground here.

You wouldn't believe how many idiots I've argued with, who think they could ever shoot someone in the back legally and not get indicted.

“Support” isn’t even necessary, just a failure to hate can be a problem.

Ah, you're right! WE must goose step in line.

Not surprising that the Washington Times didn't print the whole quote:

"I have the utmost respect for you as the leader of our country.”

The way the Times prints it suggests she respects the man, as opposed to the office, which should be a bridge too far for any self-respecting human being.

BTW - Biden has also called for an end to the destruction.

Trumps RNC literally celebrated a couple who pointed weapons at peaceful protesters.

Somehow this is a shock now that some kid shows up at a protest with a gun pretending to ‘protect’ property that isn’t his.

Biden's DNC turned against a couple who chose to live in a gated safe community, and despite that, in the end, had the right to self-defend.

Go ahead, you can have the last word...

Not surprising that the Washington Times didn't print the whole quote:

"I have the utmost respect for you as the leader of our country.”

The way the Times prints it suggests she respects the man, as opposed to the office, which should be a bridge too far for any self-respecting human being.

BTW - Biden has also called for an end to the destruction.

The Washington Times is a conservative rag. Numerous Failed Fact Checks, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
Washington Times - Media Bias/Fact Check

I don't believe anyone would disagree with the above.

Nuff said about her.

I agree with her.

I read an article about her this morning. Prayed with the police at the hospital. Renounced the violence. Deep religious and community engagement backgrounds in her family. Lot of respect for her and how she is handling this.

I read an article about her this morning. Prayed with the police at the hospital. Renounced the violence. Deep religious and community engagement backgrounds in her family. Lot of respect for her and how she is handling this.

And yet, is critical of the police for brutalizing Black people. She has a big heart.

And yet, is critical of the police for brutalizing Black people. She has a big heart.

Life isn't an either/or, you are with us or against us for everybody on the planet.

Back
Top Bottom