• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed, father says, despite being paralyzed after police sho

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
[h=1]Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed, father says, despite being paralyzed after police shot him in the back[/h]Kenosha: Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed, father says - Business Insider
A police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin, left Jacob Blake paralyzed when he shot him multiple times in the back on Sunday. Now, according to Blake's father, the 29-year-old has been handcuffed to his hospital bed.

"He can't go anywhere," Blake's father, also named Jacob Blake, told the Chicago Sun-Times on Thursday. "Why do you have him cuffed to the bed?"

Andrew Yang, a former Democratic candidate for president, said he had also spoken with Blake's father, who visited his son on Wednesday. According to Yang, the son wept and asked, "Daddy, why did they shoot me so many times?"

"He has restraints on even though he can't move his legs," Yang said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Kenosha police officers essentially took this man's life away from him. They stole his health, they stole his future. They robbed his 3 young boys of a father who could be a father, one that other children have. And now, they rob his dignity and add insult to his injuries. I will ask one more time, would he be chained (his father's description) to his hospital bed if he was a white man?

Last edited:
[h=1]Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed, father says, despite being paralyzed after police shot him in the back[/h]Kenosha: Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed, father says - Business Insider
A police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin, left Jacob Blake paralyzed when he shot him multiple times in the back on Sunday. Now, according to Blake's father, the 29-year-old has been handcuffed to his hospital bed.

"He can't go anywhere," Blake's father, also named Jacob Blake, told the Chicago Sun-Times on Thursday. "Why do you have him cuffed to the bed?"

Andrew Yang, a former Democratic candidate for president, said he had also spoken with Blake's father, who visited his son on Wednesday. According to Yang, the son wept and asked, "Daddy, why did they shoot me so many times?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Knosha police officers essentially took this man's life away from him. They stole his health, they stole his future. They robbed his 3 young boys of a father who could be a father, one that other children have. And now, they rob his dignity and add insult to his injuries. I will ask one more time, would he be chained (his father's description) to his hospital bed if he was a white man?

Law and Order must be respected!

Jacob Earned this himself

Thought and prayers or whatever....[/Trumpanzee Mode]

Three Knosha police officers essentially took this man's life away from him. They stole his health, they stole his future. They robbed his 3 young boys of a father who could be a father, one that other children have. And now, they rob his dignity and add insult to his injuries. I will ask one more time, would he be chained (his father's description) to his hospital bed if he was a white man?

He wouldn't be in a bed if he were white.

When is Rusten Sheskey going to be arrested? The Kenosha District Attorney needs to do his damn job!

It's my understanding it's SOP while in the hospital and in custody.

He wouldn't be in a bed if he were white.

When is Rusten Sheskey going to be arrested? The Kenosha District Attorney needs to do his damn job!

He would not be in a bed had he obeyed the officers and not resisted arrest. The answer to your question is YES, if the white man took the same course of actions.

Three Kenosha police officers essentially took this man's life away from him. They stole his health, they stole his future. They robbed his 3 young boys of a father who could be a father, one that other children have. And now, they rob his dignity and add insult to his injuries. I will ask one more time, would he be chained (his father's description) to his hospital bed if he was a white man?

Of course he is restrained, the guy is a criminal. Good grief.

He's under arrest. That's what happens when you're under arrest.

He has an outstanding warrant for a class three sexual assault, and though he hasn't been charged with any new crimes yet, he did resist arrest, running to his car to 1) to try and escape or 2) to reach for his knife.

I don't know why LE chose to handcuff him in light that he is paralyzed. To me it seems silly.
I would say it simply is police procedure for the reasons I stated above in the beginning of my post.

He has an outstanding warrant for a class three sexual assault, and though he hasn't been charged with any new crimes yet, he did resist arrest, running to his car to 1) to try and escape or 2) to reach for his knife.

I don't know why LE chose to handcuff him in light that he is paralyzed. To me it seems silly.
I would say it simply is police procedure for the reasons I stated above in the beginning of my post.
Regardless of all that, he's paralyzed. Procedure or not it's very inhumane to handcuff him at this stage, considering his condition. If cops are still afraid of him, they shouldn't be cops.

Regardless of all that, he's paralyzed. Procedure or not it's very inhumane to handcuff him at this stage, considering his condition. If cops are still afraid of him, they shouldn't be cops.

Ya think maybe, just maybe, it's for the safety of the hospital staff? After all, this man with a knife ignored police with 3 guns trained on him, because he was intent on escaping.
*think*

100% certain he's paralyzed?

In many places a felon who is hospitalized is cuffed to the bed as a precaution. I imagine if he were not cuffed and by some miracle he got up and walked out and got run over by a car in the parking lot liberals would blame the police.

Ya think maybe, just maybe, it's for the safety of the hospital staff? After all, this man with a knife ignored police with 3 guns trained on him, because he was intent on escaping.
*think*
Right, he's really capable of harming the hospital staff in his condition. :roll:

With what? His dick?

Get ****ing real and stop playing into this absurd cop belief that every suspect is Jackie Chan, regardless of their condition and situation.

IMO, read above again... it's silly because he's paralyzed, so it's more likely being done because it's standard police procedure.

Of course he is restrained, the guy is a criminal. Good grief.

Jesus Christ, the guy has a severed spinal cord and will never walk again. He's had several surgeries in a span of two days to remove most of his intestines, patch up gun shot wounds to his spleen, liver and kidneys. He's barely alert because he's on drugs for pain and probably has at least 4 IV's running.

Nobody has any logical at all today.

Right, he's really capable of harming the hospital staff in his condition. :roll:

With what? His dick?

Get ****ing real and stop playing into this absurd cop belief that every suspect is Jackie Chan, regardless of their condition and situation.

He will never be able to use 'his dick' again for the rest of his life. That's another thing I forgot to mention that cops stole from him.

Good question.
Could be temporary... We don't know.

It is not temporary. I'm a nurse and it doesn't take a nurse to know that a severed spinal cord means permanent paralysis from the waist down. He will never walk again, run again, crawl again or have sex again.

It is not temporary. I'm a nurse and it doesn't take a nurse to know that a severed spinal cord means permanent paralysis from the waist down. He will never walk again, run again, crawl again or have sex again.

So you know more than his doctors then?
"Jacob Blake, a Black man shot in the back by police in Wisconsin, is paralyzed from the waist down, and doctors don't know if the condition is permanent, his father and family's lawyers said Tuesday".

Jacob Blake is paralyzed from waist down after police shooting, father says; unknown if it'''s permanent.

Five years ago, 21 year old Dylann Roof was arrested after shooting and killing seven people inside a Black church in North Carolina. When police arrested him after a seven hour manhunt .....did they shoot him in the back seven times? No. Instead, the cops put him in the squad car and drove to Burger King and bought him a hamburger because oh you know.... he was hungry because he only had time after murdering nine people to grab a bag of chips and some water at a gas station.

But there are few people here that understand or even give a **** about the profound hypocrisy of our justice system.

Cops bought Burger King for Dylann Roof following his arrest in Shelby, North Carolina - ABC7 Los Angeles

So you know more than his doctors then?
"Jacob Blake, a Black man shot in the back by police in Wisconsin, is paralyzed from the waist down, and doctors don't know if the condition is permanent, his father and family's lawyers said Tuesday".

Jacob Blake is paralyzed from waist down after police shooting, father says; unknown if it'''s permanent.
Screenshot-2020-08-27-NBC-Nightly-News-with-Lester-Holt.png

Five years ago, 21 year old Dylann Roof was arrested after shooting and killing nine people inside a Black church in North Carolina. When police arrested him after a seven hour manhunt .....did they shoot him in the back seven times? No. Instead, the cops put him in the squad car and drove to Burger King and bought him a hamburger because oh you know.... he was hungry because he only had time after murdering nine people to grab a bag of chips and some water at a gas station.

But there are few people here that understand or even give a **** about the profound hypocrisy of our justice system.

Cops bought Burger King for Dylann Roof following his arrest in Shelby, North Carolina - ABC7 Los Angeles

Last edited:
He would not be in a bed had he obeyed the officers and not resisted arrest. The answer to your question is YES, if the white man took the same course of actions.

I don't see the justification for having shot him. Yes, he should have obeyed the officers. That doesn't mean shooting is justified.

Or rape again

Back
Top Bottom