• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

J.D. Vance said Trump might be 'America's Hitler' in 2016 text message (1 Viewer)

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In the message, Vance wrote that Republicans had neglected "lower-income, lower-education white people," leaving an opening for a "demagogue" like Trump. "I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical a--hole like Nixon who wouldn't be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he's America's Hitler," Vance wrote.

https://theweek.com/2022-election/1...might-be-americas-hitler-in-2016-text-message

This is the same Vance that is touting the one term mistakes endorsement in his run for Senate. I think Vance nailed it when he called Mr. One and done a "demagogue". That is exactly all he is....a F...ing demagogue.

There are so many Republicans who didn't like Trump but who suddenly fell under his "spell." I know it might have had something to do with not wanting Hillary, but even after Trump won, it was as if these people were under hypnosis. Even friends of mine did a complete 180 and became totally convinced that Trump was the "savior" of our country. It was spooky.

There are so many Republicans who didn't like Trump but who suddenly fell under his "spell." I know it might have had something to do with not wanting Hillary, but even after Trump won, it was as if these people were under hypnosis. Even friends of mine did a complete 180 and became totally convinced that Trump was the "savior" of our country. It was spooky.
Trump preached simplistic solutions and bigotry. That always has some appeal. Given Democrats elitism, real or imagined, it’s not surprising that some working class people whom Trump happily screwed voted for him. His appeal goes back to the 1960s, to Wallace’s.

Putin's influence campaign played a big role in grooming Republicans to act on their authoritarian tendencies.

Trump preached simplistic solutions and bigotry. That always has some appeal. Given Democrats elitism, real or imagined, it’s not surprising that some working class people whom Trump happily screwed voted for him. His appeal goes back to the 1960s, to Wallace’s.

You're right, Nicky--I've got relatives in the deep south, and they said the same thing about Wallace.

Putin's influence campaign played a big role in grooming Republicans to act on their authoritarian tendencies.

It's still amazing to me that Trump won't say anything condemning Putin. Last week in an exclusive phone interview, Sean Hannity gave him every opportunity to say something bad about Putin, but Trump just wouldn't do it. Hannity, himself, seemed frustrated over it.

This is the same Vance that is touting the one term mistakes endorsement in his run for Senate. I think Vance nailed it when he called Mr. One and done a "demagogue". That is exactly all he is....a F...ing demagogue.
so what? why is that a big deal? if you don't like what he says, ignore it like you ignore democrat corruption.

It's still amazing to me that Trump won't say anything condemning Putin. Last week in an exclusive phone interview, Sean Hannity gave him every opportunity to say something bad about Putin, but Trump just wouldn't do it. Hannity, himself, seemed frustrated over it.
There is no excuse for Trump's behavior at this stage; his refusing to denounce Putin (with the rest of the free world) is damning at best.
I bet his kids are turning on him, everyone knows that it's over for Trump. A bunch of treasonous scoundrels.

There is no excuse for Trump's behavior at this stage; his refusing to denounce Putin (with the rest of the free world) is damning at best.
I bet his kids are turning on him, everyone knows that it's over for Trump. A bunch of treasonous scoundrels.

Freedom, it must be that he simply can't bring himself to publicly admit he was wrong about something--which is really sad.

His political iconoclasm is what put 'em under a "spell". His willingness to tear it all down. That's what Trump is good at, tearing treaties and contracts up. Putting something better in it's place - not so much

They still don't like him (the Republican politicians I mean)...they are just kissing his ass to save their political careers.

They still don't like him (the Republican politicians I mean)...they are just kissing his ass to save their political careers.
They are looking at shifting demographics. America is getting browner. The supreme status of the straight white male is under attack by demands for equality.

Yeah its the usual “i hate the left so much i will side with right wing death squads” tendency of many of these folks.

Thus is the legacy of old man Fred Trump.

They are looking at shifting demographics. America is getting browner. The supreme status of the straight white male is under attack by demands for equality.

Eh, they tried that in 2016 by trying to push amnesty friendly GOP candidates like Jeb Bush, Rubio, or Scott Walker...and the GOP base responded by nominating Donald "build that wall!" Trump.

"might be" he says?!

That ship has sailed.

Trump is America's Hitler.

In the message, Vance wrote that Republicans had neglected "lower-income, lower-education white people," leaving an opening for a "demagogue" like Trump. "I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical a--hole like Nixon who wouldn't be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he's America's Hitler," Vance wrote.

https://theweek.com/2022-election/1...might-be-americas-hitler-in-2016-text-message

You hate Trump. I get it.

Question: In what way is increasing personal freedom and well being for the American Citizen the act of a demagogue?

They want access to his rabid base. That's all it is. "Anything for power" isn't just a saying for the GQP, they live it.

Question: In what way is increasing personal freedom and well being for the American Citizen the act of a demagogue?
What's the relationship between your two comments?

so what? why is that a big deal? if you don't like what he says, ignore it like you ignore democrat corruption.
Nobody ignores democratIC corruption. You just think so because you imagine it everywhere.

Trump isn't America's Hitler. He's America's SHitler

Saying that is what he is doing is exactly what demagogues do. The reality is that he wanted to end our democracy and take away our most cherished "personal freedom". Demagogues are liars.

Definition of demagogue

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/demagogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom