• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ive had it. We need to go big or go home in Ukraine against Russia

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
That applies to most of the free world. It's past time we stopped being held hostage to a psychopath who is also torpedoing his own country while civilians and hard fighting people of Ukraine get pulverized along with their cities.

I say it's time to issue an ultimatum to Putin. Tell him we will be sending in the stealth bombers and our superior Air Force if he doesn't withdraw. Oh the nuclear weapons? Make it clear if he attempts to use them Moscow is a glass parking lot.

Biden is too damn careful. Sometimes you need to take risks. He looks weak.

Last edited:
That applies to most of the free world. It's past time we stopped being held hostage to a psychopath who is also torpedoing his own country while civilians and hard fighting people of Ukraine get pulverized along with their cities.

I say it's time to issue an ultimatum to Putin. Biden is too damn careful. Sometimes you need to take risks. He looks weak.
Im beginning to feel the same. It seems the West is too timid and Putin is just having his way.

We aren't "in" Ukraine so saying "Go big or go home" makes no sense.

Why issue an ultimatum? Seems that the path the world is on is working

Not for the civilians on the ground in the Ukrainian cities it's not. They are being shelled to death. We look like scared sheep while Putin has his way.

I say it's time to issue an ultimatum to Putin. Tell him we will be sending in the stealth bombers and our superior Air Force if he doesn't withdraw. Oh the nuclear weapons? Make it clear if he attempts to use them Moscow is a glass parking lot.

You're being "held hostage"? LOL. Where is this occurring at?

biden dont be scared.gif

Not for the civilians on the ground in the Ukrainian cities it's not. They are being shelled to death. We look like scared sheep while Putin has his way.

Ah well. I dont live in Ukraine.🤷‍♂️
Sun is shining outside my window. All is well.
Why dont you head on over and join up instead of cowering in fear?

If you "go big" against Russia, you may not have a home to "go" to, anyway.

If you "go big" against Russia, you may not have a home to "go" to, anyway.
Yeah I keep hearing that. But pushing the nuclear button will do the same to Russia. Putin has to know that. He's a psychopath, and egocentric, but I don't think he wants to destroy Russia. This is all about the bringing back the glory of Russia and perhaps the USSR. Taking the chance of obliterating it is not something he wants.

In my life avoiding something that is the right thing to do because it's risky has always turned out poorly for me. I feel the same way about this situation. It's like we are watching a bully pulverize a kid on the playground, because we don't want to be disciplined by the teacher, if we go in and clean his clock, which we can easily do.

EnigmaO01:

Hmm. Bye, bye.

You do realise that Russia has enough nuclear weapons to wipe out America and Europe too? There are 6257 thermonuclear reasons in Russia illustrating why your's is a very bad suggestion. Image every major city in North America and Europe devastated and poisoned while China finds itself sitting in the global cat-bird seat.
No, better to find a more functional and less suicidal plan.

Be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.

Your suggestion is unhinged imo

Those who wish to escalate this to such a level that they are prepared to sacrifice the planet and everything on it are ,imo, vastly more unstable than the man they have in their crosshairs.

It could be just as likely to be deescalated and the death and destruction brought ot an end but people here , most of them at least, don't want to know about this and think that you put out fires by using petrol on them

I'm beginning to wonder about people on this forum and how good or bad their lives might be and their thoughts for others.

Last edited:
EnigmaO01:

Hmm. Bye, bye.

You do realise that Russia has enough nuclear weapons to wipe out America and Europe too? There are 6257 thermonuclear reasons in Russia illustrating why your's is a very bad suggestion. Image every major city in North America and Europe devastated and poisoned while China finds itself sitting in the global cat-bird seat.
No, better to find a more functional and less suicidal plan.

Be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.

He's not going to do it. His precious Russia would also be wiped off the face of the earth. This is all about bringing back the glory of Russia. If he knows Russia would be obliterated his reason for invading Ukraine would be all for nothing.

History will mark two military blunders from this era: Putin's invasion of Ukraine and the wests inaction That emboldened Russia and China that led to a much harder WW3.

The unnecessary continuation of NATO in the aftermath of the collapse of the USSR and it's wreckless eastwards expansion are what should be considered " military blunders" imo

Your suggestion is unhinged imo

Those who wish to escalate this to such a level that they are prepared to sacrifice the planet and everything on it are ,imo, vastly more unstable than the man they have in their crosshairs.

It could be just as likely to be deescalated and the death and destruction brought ot an end but people here , most of them at least, don't want to know about this and think that you put out fires by using petrol on them

I'm beginning to wonder about peoople on this forum and how good or bad their lives might be and their thoughts for others.
I do not see anyone here killing anyone, do you? FFS attacking people on DP and asserting that they are all that you said sounds awful like trolling to me IMHO.

Ah well. I dont live in Ukraine.🤷‍♂️
Sun is shining outside my window. All is well.
Why dont you head on over and join up instead of cowering in fear?

Sounds selfish to me but then a lot of people today are selfish and entitled. We just need to look at the people that refused to get vaccinated or wear masks to see that.

I served my country in my youth. At 64 I'd probably just get in the way.

I am donating generously to this situation and will continue to. How about you?

Last edited:
I do not see anyone here killing anyone, do you? FFS attacking people on DP and asserting that they are all that you said sounds awful like trolling to me IMHO.
I didn't even read his post. He's one of several here I have on ignore. People with dogs as their avatars are unhinged. ;)

I never said they do, that's just your hysterical reaction because someone thinks that people who are prepared roll the dice for planetary destruction , when there is a perfectly other option, are unhinged. And imo they are.

It is your own response that is more in line with that you accuse me of

EnigmaO01:

Did you threaten war when Russia was bombing Aleppo to rubble in Syria while killing civilians? Did you threaten mutiny when your own US-led forces killed civilians and levelled Raqqa? Are you aware that US air power devastated North Korea killing about (1.4 million souls) - 20% of the civilian population there? Do you recall the horror of the bombings of North Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos by your own government where over a million civilians died?

There is no excuse for what Russia is doing, but that does not give America licence to obliterate cities full of Russian civilians either. Find a better way.

Be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.

He's not going to do it. His precious Russia would also be wiped off the face of the earth. This is all about bringing back the glory of Russia. If he knows Russia would be obliterated his reason for invading Ukraine would be all for nothing.
EnigmaO01:

You seem to be willing to roll the dice on global thermonuclear war. I hope others are not. "Alea Iacta Est"* might be civilisation's epitaph.

* The die is cast.

Be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.

Meanwhile, Putin proved that it was a wise decision.

Not at all.

If you threaten a dog and get more and more of your friends to threaten that dog , getting ever and ever closer to it, is it the dogs fault that it bit one of you ?

NATO was formed to , allegedly, contain USSR expansionism. The USSR disappeared and NATO stood there like a spare dick at a wedding. A new and Russia inclusive deal should have replaced it but that wouldn't have provided the financial bonanza to the corporatocracy that NATO and EU expansionism ensured.

Clue, always follow the money

EnigmaO01:

You seem to be willing to roll the dice on global thermonuclear war. I hope others are not. "Alea Iacta Est"* might be civilisation's epitaph.

* The die is cast.

Be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.

Yes I'm willing to roll the dice.

I supported the nuking of the Russian economy, and diplomacy.

Now we are in this a couple weeks one thing is obvious, Putin has had to throw considerable additional forces into Ukraine. He ask China for assistance yet tells NATO to stay out. It's time the West give him a bloody nose, let him know he is not the only one calling the shots.

Back
Top Bottom